Beginners - March 2013 (Page 41)

help with saving and reading from file

Here is psuedo code of what im trying to do if file highscore.txt does not exist create file highscore.txt write highscore in highscore.txt if...
[1 reply] : I suggest you start with the following tutorial: http://www.cplusplus... (by jlb)
Tried to stop my console closing...dosnt work?

I'm a noob, go easy. Trying to stop my program from closing, but no matter what I try nothing seems to work. Read this thread, (http://www.cplusplus.com/f...
[11 replies] Last: Just started using codeblocks and I'll think I'll stick with that for ... (by dathtom)
by webbru
Help me :x

i'm getting error: statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function in the line 10, and i dont know why ... #include <iostream> #include <cmath> usi...
[4 replies] Last: @techno1 thank you, man, works! (by webbru)
Box dimensions errors

Hey, my program is saying that area in my DisplayData function on the bottom is an undeclared identifier. But when I remove it, it says that there are too few ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thanks of the help. (by FaffyWaffle)
by Najiva
Segfault for particular data

Hello everyone, I am new to programming and I can tell you that it is much harder than I thought It would be. Respect to everyone who can solve problems related...
[1 reply] : Could you post the program code itself, that might help us to identify... (by Chervil)
If Else Identifier not regstering

For this program I'm supposed to show the winnings in a game. However I don't think I've written the If Else connectors correctly as I keep getting the error "5...
[3 replies] Last: Hi William, for future reference, if you are outputting multiple lines... (by symon123)
Remove specific element from Deque

Hello, I am having trouble deleting a specific element within my Deque. The Deque holds pointers from the object <Phone Call *> std::deque<Phone_Call *> ...
[11 replies] Last: I had a feeling someone was going to suggest this, however, in certain... (by symon123)
'no match for operator =='

So I am really new to C++ and all programming. Like, tonight new. Been fiddleing about with some programs but am stumped on this error - 'no match for opera...
[6 replies] Last: I know the question is already answered, but think of it this way- you... (by Ispil)
Listnodes and pointers

I need to write a function to concatenate a listnode object onto another listnode object. I'm given: struct Listnode { double value; Listnode *next; ...
[5 replies] Last: I did some more looking around and found some code similar enough to m... (by catdance)
no matching function for call to `getline(std::ifstream&, char*&)'

Hello, I'm new. I read the C++ tutorial, and I'm trying to make a test program where you type a file path and it prints out the text inside it. I've got a few ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, it works now. (by cplusplus123)
Question about ofstreams

For a project at college right now we need to create a program that reads in information from a text file and outputs it into an HTML file. So i understand bas...
[2 replies] Last: std::ofstream out; //Filename input here out.open(<filename>);//You c... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Gunnir
Compiler is convinced my main is a header file

I've done something silly, probably throughout here, that has made my compiler think that my main code (pasted below) is a class. I dont know what i've done wro...
[4 replies] Last: I'm a moron!!! I forgot to put the semi colon at the end of my class ... (by Gunnir)
how to change for to while loop..?!?

i need to try this program in a while loop. i wrote it in for.! but i couldnt figure it out to change it to while.! 1=1 1+2=3 1+2+3=6 1+2+3+4=10 1+2+3+4...
[2 replies] Last: @elmoro15 I am wondering How your program working using for loop in... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
set up terminal line command help

hello people, I have already written my code but i am stuck at the last part where it says i have to set up a flag for the command line. My program was to im...
[5 replies] Last: thanks again for reply but after i started to implement this command f... (by kalicha)
by TZ3x
Console crash

Hello i've got a problem. i'am writing a game using a char raster that looks like: char raster = { {' ',' ',' ',' ',' '}, {' ',' ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks again (by TZ3x)
Visual Studio and GNU compiler question -fpermissive

I dual boot between Linux Mint and Windows 7. I prefer to write code in Linux (Codeblocks for IDE), just because it's faster in general. But, I'm taking C++ c...
[3 replies] Last: Cire, I know that using bsearch and void pointers aren't the best thi... (by Chris Meyer)
[HELP] Pointer to a class

Hi. I am having trouble using a pointer to a class. When i run this example i get an error message: "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". Can someone help me? ...
[2 replies] Last: I did a similar thing: int main() { example *p; p=new example; p->a... (by ocpodariu)
by acelya
I need help!!!Help me plz

class Math { public: Math(); double LogValue(double, double); double SineValue(double); double CosineValue(double); double TanValue(doubl...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your replies. (by acelya)
java coding.

hi, i've do the java coding. but i still cant run the result. i'm searching the mistake but i cant found it. it written in the compiler at line 46. import ...
[1 reply] : PLease note that this is C++ forum, not Java. Althrough some people ca... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Amaiha
Temperature Conversion

Can someone guide me in the right direction? I don't know what's going on. I'm getting a segmentation error #include<iostream> using namespace std; class ...
[6 replies] Last: Here is a working temperature thingy: Loads of debugging and making s... (by greenleaf800073)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.