Beginners - March 2013 (Page 37)

How fonts converted to the 12-digit integer

How fonts converted to the 12-digit integer (or float) in C. Following codes in Delphi. ----------------------------------------- var YAZI : String; SAYI ...
[no replies]
unsigned to signed integer

Why is the biggest unsigned integer becomes -1 when it is turned into a signed integer ?
[1 reply] : It's because of how numbers are represented. Most computers use the Tw... (by Catfish3)
OOD (Object Oriented Design) Question

Can member variables of a class be of the same type? I've been trying to find the answer to this question and keep coming up short. I know in structs we can ...
[3 replies] Last: If an instance of a class contains an instance of itself, then that in... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
by mae956
void function

im a beginner in void function... my knowledge about void functions aren't that good. i just want to ask your help in this. i want to total all the commission b...
[4 replies] Last: thank you so much.. i'll just revise it so that i can understand the ... (by mae956)
recursion?

Hi guys. So in my introduction to programming class, we have to do a recursive function to find out if a number is even or odd, but without using any math. T...
[4 replies] Last: Let's say the input is 3. Here's how the call stack would unwind and g... (by booradley60)
Cannot get past input

I've searched for the solution online and throughout the forums but couldn't find anything that helped me (although I may have looked over it and simply not und...
[9 replies] Last: what resources(books, tuts?) did you use to learn C++? That's diffic... (by Chervil)
variables always not declared: so really confused!!

this is my code for the inventory system i am trying to code and it always says D:\Users\uzer\Documents\CB\dawd\prototype.cpp||In function 'int main()':| D...
[2 replies] Last: thanks peter87!!!! my system finally run but something is wrong again ... (by nhojrazc)
static libraries

Hello everyone, I'm working on a project where I am having to consume a static library c + +. The problem is that this did not come with his header. This lib is...
[1 reply] : if you know exactly how the function are defined you can make your own... (by coder777)
While loop wont end

I've been trying to make a simple console game, and for whatever reason a while loop broke on me. I could swear this is the same code that was working ten minut...
[4 replies] Last: You will find the default clause under "switch" in the control section... (by TheIdeasMan)
Copy Constructor

I'm working on a program for a dynamic array. The programs compiles however it crashes when I try to use the copy constructor the program crashes. VectorN.h #...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much. That fixed the problem. (by Shaikh Omar)
String class to C string class

Having a little trouble with my assignment in my C++ class. I was assigned to write a program that displays an mad lib and asks questions to fill in the blanks ...
[1 reply] : Okay I think I figured it out. I just erased all the "string" syntax, ... (by cometcaliente)
Can't figure out what is wrong.

#include<iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> using namespace std ; string getName (); int averageScores( int); void printMessage (string, int); void...
[2 replies] Last: In your averageScores() just replace the first if loop if (lo... (by vintho)
vector <char *> all_file

vector <char *> all_file char *_filename_ all_file.push_back(_filename_); If i got codes almost like this.How can i print out to check what is stored i...
[2 replies] Last: Or for ( auto iter = all_file.begin(); iter != all_file.end(); ++ite... (by Fransje)
Multiple of two matrix...

hello everyone i want to calculate multiple of two 3 * 4 and 4 * 3 matrix, when calculate multiple of two matrix it's go to an infinite loop please help me .....
[3 replies] Last: Just a minor thing: This makes a little more sense: cout << "Pleas... (by TheIdeasMan)
problem with mortgage formula

this is the formula ive been using LoanPayment=(loan*intRate/1200)/(1-pow((1+intRate),-month)); #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip>...
[2 replies] Last: @Ispil pow takes 2 arguments. @Kb wireless What is your problem? ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by fcoll
Help needed with a dictionary in c++.

Hello guys, I'm a junior student of computer science. The professor of file processing want me to do a program that could edit, delete, view, insert, search and...
[9 replies] Last: I'm having many problems removing the dots, commas, exclamation and i... (by cire)
by Turnip
filename to variable

I am trying to figure out how i can capture a filename and assign the name to a variable minus the filename extension. Is there some sort of method that can han...
[2 replies] Last: Great this will work I believe, however I realize I wasn't specific en... (by Turnip)
unknown error

when i go to compile i get this error that i never saw before. C:\Users\kathydad\Desktop\Makefile.win [Build Error] [main.o] Error -1073741819 can someone...
[1 reply] : Could you show us the code you're trying to compile? (by Ispil)
Absolute difference? C++

Okay, I'm confused as to what I need to put in my main function or if I incorrectly used anything in my diff function. I'm trying to stay away from decisions in...
[1 reply] : ...for one you never call your diff function inside your main function... (by Ispil)
Beginner in C++: Inputting data files, and arrays help?

"This program will read grades from two different files (one at a time) and do some simple analytical operations on those grades -- identifying the maximum, min...
[1 reply] : Shameless self bump. (by brownie13x)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 3536373839... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.