Beginners - March 2013 (Page 34)

evualation of postfix expression

hello programmers i need help to solve this i write a code that solve the Postfix Expression but there are two problems...if there is 22 in my expression the co...
[2 replies] Last: You can use a flag indicating if the last character was a number or sy... (by tfityo)
by Aksh
find if a given number is a factorial

I need help to find if a given number is a factorial or not. Example : if 120 is given, it is a factorial as 120 = 5! Whereas 121 is not. Any help will be appr...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much. It makes sense now. (by Aksh)
FILE WONT BE READ

So i've got this program that should prompt the user to input a filename to which the program spell checks it. Anywho...here's the code.. For some odd reason I...
[10 replies] Last: Are you using a debugger to step through the code line by line? If no... (by Chervil)
by lept0n
Minor Program Error - Online Compiler Help

My program returns odd values and refuses to accept input when compiled on online compilers. Attached please find the source code, an explanation would be appr...
[3 replies] Last: On-line compilers do not allow to enter values interactively. But the... (by vlad from moscow)
Maze Traversal

Hello I'm having a little problem here please visit this site to read full description of the problem http://uva.onlinejudge.org/index.php?option=onlinejudge&pa...
[no replies]
Binary Tree Program not acting as it should... (1,2)

All solved for thanks for the assist! :D
[25 replies] Last: Looking at it again, the reason I thought it wouldn't work is wrong. ... (by Lowest0ne)
Filename Question

I'm wondering if you can have a string determine a file name. If so, please show me a code example.
[3 replies] Last: Also note that with the current C++ standard you shouldn't need to use... (by jlb)
Function not recognizing the parameters

I have a function void subtract(Interval I); that will not recognize the parameter, void subtractBuildings(double borderLength) { IntervalSet highway(0.0...
[16 replies] Last: So i guess the question should have been is there anyway to perform a... (by jlb)
Box Dimensions Functions Problem

Hi I'm having some trouble with my functions. I'm getting an unreferenced local variable for length, width, height, volume, and area. Also this error as well. '...
[11 replies] Last: Still having problems with the DisplayData function as it doesn't wan... (by Chervil)
binary tree with traversal! HELP!!

please help me to improve my program code in binary tree with traversal.the program must input of minimum 10 integers.. .here's my code #include<iostream> #...
[no replies]
Zip Code Program with Strings*URGENT*

I need a program that displays the appropriate shipping charged based on the ZIP code entered by the user. The ZIP code must contain 605, and 606. The charge ...
[1 reply] : i think you need to use the substr function and do the length with the... (by IHateBarneszy)
Fast plz! 'time' does not name a type but it's declared in a struct

the code is supposed to take 2 clock times and take the difference between them. and write it out in second, later on i will transform it into hour,min,sec aga...
[3 replies] Last: As for me it looks like a bug of the compiler. (by vlad from moscow)
C++ Tracing

Hi....i have an exam in C++ and i did not know how to trace this program.. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int i,j,k; for(i=0;i<2;++i)...
[no replies]
Recursion inside For loop = program stuck

I wrote a program to calculate a binom the problem is that I have a recursion inside a for loop and the program only works half way then get stuck. If I tak...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you very much! This conversation has been very helpful!! (by trikolad)
by mirec
string in swtich case

hi I wonder why when i use string in swtich statement for example: int i =1; switch (i) { case 1: string name; cin>> name; cout << name; break; i...
[12 replies] Last: thanks vlad... :) (by mirec)
array of structure using new

#include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<string> using namespace std; struct car { string make; int year; }; void main() { int noOfCar; c...
[1 reply] : You shall not change the control variable i inside the body of the ... (by vlad from moscow)
inFile & outFile small problem

#include <string> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; //Permutation recursive function void string_permutation( strin...
[2 replies] Last: Also you can open your file in append mode: http://cplusplus.com/refer... (by MiiNiPaa)
help with payrate

#include<iostream> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; void grosspay(double &hours, double &payrate, double &gross_pay); double tgp(int time, double...
[1 reply] : - If total grosspay is wrong, then you're keeping the running total in... (by thejman250)
Simple loop increment question please help!

If someone could just point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. The given code is the framework* i must use. I need to use the setup and loop ...
[8 replies] Last: Also in the global done is declared as int, int done; So it is. ... (by cire)
by DWhyte
So... Can someone please help me out?

Alright, so like, I just want headed in the general direction of where to start if I want to perhaps eventually be able to make a MMORPG, or like Video Games. I...
[1 reply] : If you are new to programming, start with an engine. CryEngine 3 is g... (by Stewbond)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 3233343536... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.