Beginners - March 2013 (Page 32)

Finding equal consecutive elements of a specific number in 2d array

Hey, so I have a 2D array consisting of 0's and 1's. Let's say I want to see if there is a group of 5 consecutive 0's located in the same row, no more and no le...
[no replies]
A small SDL and array problem

Hello. I'm still quite a beginner with C++ (or any programming), but I thought I'd take a bit of a break from the everyday learning of boring data types, ope...
[4 replies] Last: Wat? I'm using them in a loop, one after another. :/ (by Luutifa)
types of polygon

what different types of polygon exits?
[1 reply] : I cant find the relationShip of the question with cpp However ,you s... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
need help :)

This code works properly when user enter max 2 variables... When put more - crash.... please for help :) #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> using name...
[5 replies] Last: Thx :) (by usmiech)
calling two programs

I am running two different programs (main.cpp with header.h and number.cpp) and calling them together in one other final program. I have no linking problem and ...
[no replies]
decoding runlength code with string input

Hey all. I am fairly new to the subject. What I want to do is input a string from the console in the form "12A15B6C" and then put it into a 2D array such that i...
[no replies]
Whats wrong with my program?

For some reason it will only add the dollars correctly and does not add anything else correct. Are my functions correct? #include <iostream> using namespac...
[1 reply] : cin >> coins; while(coins != 1 && coins != 2 && coins != 3 && coins ... (by jim80y)
by Jace
Stumped

#include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <cwchar> using namespace std; #include <windows.h>; char response; FILE a; int main() { cou...
[3 replies] Last: if (response == 'n') // exactly the same problem as before. Use s... (by AbstractionAnon)
Quadratic equation homework problem

Hello, im new to c++ programming. What i am suppose to do is create a program to solve quadratic equations. Now when i input numbers, it does not solve it corre...
[6 replies] Last: Oh wow, I'm an idiot. Thanks. (by manderson1)
Memset Help

Hello I want to start writing mods for online flash games, so I need to work out memory things. How would I go about changing the value of 6 to 25? Memset...
[1 reply] : Why did you declare a variable with the reserved keyword name "new"!!... (by xkcd83)
Allocating Dynamic Array as Data Member

I'm new to dynamic arrays and am not totally clear on how to implement them correctly. I'm making a program that creates and displays n-dimensional vectors. Thi...
[1 reply] : shouldn't line 16 be: component=new float ; Also, put line 17 ... (by xkcd83)
by arashf
Define an array of non-fixed size as a function inside a class

The following does not work for sure. class A{ public: int d; double x ; }; So I define class A as follows class A{ public: int d; double* x;...
[3 replies] Last: I think you will find the STL to be very efficient - it wouldn't be th... (by TheIdeasMan)
Seems simple enough. Could somebody offer some insight?

15 yo learning C++. This seems simple enough. (I'm probably missing something) I tried compiling in visual c++ but it wouldn' work. // Classes.cpp :...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Steven Prescott)
by Oreo
designing a simple movie rating guide program

Hi I'm having trouble with a programming assignment. I'm still a huge beginner at C++. The assignment is to design a program for a movie rating guide. Each thea...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much to you both. It was very helpful :) (by Oreo)
i am having trouble with this

I keep getting an error with this code can any one help me out if ((b*b-4*a*c) < 0) && (a!=0)
[10 replies] Last: if (disc > 0) { cout << "The discriminant is: " << disc << endl; x1... (by fg109)
Loop/ifstream getline problem (rather urgent)

For some reason this loop only reads and executes the program for the first line of the text file. How can I read all four lines? I know it's easy but I just c...
[2 replies] Last: Okay I changed it to this. Still reads one line. while(getline(infile... (by devodid)
by Jace
Function conjunction

#include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <cwchar> using namespace std; char response; FILE a; int main() { cout << "Would you like to pl...
[2 replies] Last: I don't know much about C++, can someone enlighten me what a windows u... (by Jace)
whats wrong with this code

I'm getting these errors: 1 IntelliSense: type name is not allowed 2 IntelliSense: expected a ')' ............... User is supposed to roll a die, get a rand...
[8 replies] Last: thanks!!! (by mrtyson86)
C++ Machine Language and RTN Instructions

Hello, I need some assistance. I'm trying to simulate how machine language works using C++ coding rather than assembly. My goal is to load a program into sim...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Chervil, Thank you for the heads up on the Global decloration for ... (by Tapout101)
by Exempt
cout issue maybe?

I'm not sure how to describe the title so sorry about that one but my issue is wierd.. I use this code as I iterate through a std::map I have full of stat data...
[4 replies] Last: Better still, properly cast it. There's no need to cast it to a dou... (by Disch)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.