Beginners - March 2013 (Page 31)

"struct list" why is the one with out typedef not working?

i'm working/trying to learn about "struct list". First I tried to do without typedef without success getting the following compilation error the code is for it ...
[1 reply] : Wow, you just messed it all up... version with typedef have a pointer ... (by tath)
Operator overloading passing pointer

I've got a class called Stock and within that class i have a an operator overloader for cout (operator<<) and it works if i pass it an Stock object, but if i pa...
[3 replies] Last: Then there there is problem in your code which isn't shown. This shoul... (by MiiNiPaa)
What is wrong with this piece of code?

#include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<string> using namespace std; string* readData(string ); void displayMenu(string ); int main() { ...
[2 replies] Last: Silly Mistake! text file was named a.txt.txt lol Got it now! Thanks! (by panther1)
by suraya
printing th number of line

hey guys, this is urgent! i have an assignment where have to read contenets of a file character by character and whenever get an unexpected character the pro...
[2 replies] Last: thank you a lot :) this was really helpful:) you saved me :) (by suraya)
syntax problem

Hi, I am a beginner in c++ and i came across some line like this.. vector<int>::iterator itr=v.begin(); \\where v is already initiated instance of vector.....
[9 replies] Last: cant i rewrite it as vector<int>::iterator =v.begin();????? That i... (by mutexe)
Requesting C++ Project Reformat

Hey all, I'm trying to see if anyone wants to help me on recoding a project that has already been written. All is to be done is to make the assignment different...
[2 replies] Last: Sounds like you are cheating by plagiarising someone else's work & pay... (by TheIdeasMan)
Prime Numbers using functions

Hi I have this homework question that asks the user to make a program where the computer outputs the prime numbers from 1 to 1000. Can you please take a look at...
[5 replies] Last: I did small changes in your code from above mentioned hint. void p... (by vintho)
by pangz
C project

Please Help me . . . I encounter a problem regarding my project in Basic Computer Programming. We are not allowed to use complicated commands #include<stdio.h...
[1 reply] : ctr=0; while (ctr<20) { c =0; d =0; ... (by Chervil)
by AnttiV
rand() giving weird results in Code::Blocks/MinGW

Hi. First: I'm quite a complete newbie when it comes to C/C++. but not programming in general. I've never written any very large programs, but I've dabbled ...
[6 replies] Last: Oh, sorry, I misread the problem. :B You're right, rand() % 6 + 1 shou... (by Ikaron)
Fast please. set default constructor

The appointment is to store ostream as a datamember and initiate it through the construct argument, and set cout as the default argument to ostream. in pri...
[1 reply] : print_word(): os(std::cout) {}; (by MiiNiPaa)
by gmsd
Not obtaining array values

I'm pretty sure I have the rest of my program down, but this one part I can't figure out. I can compile and run my program, but it crashes when it gets to li...
[6 replies] Last: I don't understand this intention of this code:[code firstline=206] //... (by Chervil)
problem in releasing memory

Any anyone plz help me to figure out why the following code is giving me runtime error in free(pDestn)??? Any help is highly appreciated #include <stdio.h>...
[1 reply] : pDestn=(char *)malloc(strlen(pSource) + 1 );//terminating zero ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by sslizz
Adding Libgeotiff to c++ or Qt

hello, I'm a beginner in c++. I must use Libgeotiff lirary on a project toload geotiff file. but I don't know how to load the library to visual studio (2012...
[no replies]
Compilling using CMake

Dear all, I would like to know how we can compile à code written in Visual C++ 2008 by CMake. I have read a little bit about the topic and I found that we h...
[no replies]
polygon

what is seed fill algorithm?
[1 reply] : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=seed+fill+algorithm&rlz=1C1SFXN_enGB... (by mutexe)
calculating average

#include<iostream> #include<iomanip> how to calclate the average. average always =0 pls help me
[8 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; void getT... (by varuniitb)
by Snivy
Visual Studio 2012 Express: Linking dlls to the project.

#ifdef _MSC_VER #pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib") #endif Is this the wrong way to link it? It's in the Assets folder and in the Debug folder. It alw...
[3 replies] Last: It's the same as Visual Studio 2010. 1. Solution Expolorer -> Properti... (by kbw)
calendar formatting

so far this is what i have as far as formatting the calendar..however i need it the calendar to use the day the month starts on and start from there and have te...
[1 reply] : int offset;//if 0 - month starts with monday, if 6 - with sunday; for... (by MiiNiPaa)
loops with bool

#include <iostream> using namespace std; Having some issues with this program needs to use a loop an bool variables Output should look like this Enter a num...
[1 reply] : Without testing... #include <iostream> int main() { bool first ... (by vlad from moscow)
operator overloading

what is operator overloading?please give some examples.
[2 replies] Last: Complex.h #include <ostream> using namespace std; #ifndef COMPLEX_H... (by Observer)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2930313233... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.