Beginners - March 2013 (Page 29)

Very (hopefully) quick class question

If I wanted to call a member function inside another member function, how would I do that, if it's possible? For example, if I have Find(int key) defined alr...
[no replies]
total gross correct??

Here the code: void grosspay(double &hours, double &payrate, double &gross_pay); double tgp(int time, double rate, double gp); int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: i change some of your codes... here is it : #include<iostream> #inclu... (by mae956)
by klay2
rougelike game dev help needed with wall collison detection!!!

Hello I am new to these forums and need help, I walking through walls. I found its the if statements but I cant find the bug. (keep in mind still a huge work in...
[18 replies] Last: haha that's where I learned!!! (by klay2)
Stuck in this program

The problem that i am facing is that when i choose economy class i have to choose it five times before it assigns me a seat. what do i have to change so if i ch...
[no replies]
std::bad_alloc

I'm working on a program and was suggested I work on it one part at a time. Currently I'm working on overloading operator+ however when I try to use + I get a ...
[1 reply] : In your default constructor: vArray = new float ; vSize = 0; vSize i... (by toum)
Problem with compiler Dev-cpp 4.9.9.2

My program started off fine, then after a few error (of mine) it obviously shows something wrong, but then my compiler stated complaining about things that don'...
[2 replies] Last: Yes of course, I'll upload relevant source code and error messages as ... (by TheBeardedQuack)
anyone could solve this ? :(

I have done a code for my college assignment. I want the user to have 2 choices bill in "body treatment" or "hair treatment". For an example, the user has choos...
[15 replies] Last: I did notice that, it's the characters used in all the if's and else's... (by TheBeardedQuack)
What is this error?

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Employee::Employee(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::a...
[5 replies] Last: That was it. The member functions was not define. Thanks guys for you... (by stinker)
C++ while loops

Hi, I am really stuck on this question and I was wondering if someone was able to help me with it. To print out a bow tie on the computer screen. Your progra...
[no replies]
extraction and collection

How can I do multi-digit numbers, extraction and collection c++ with series
[1 reply] : in <cstdlib> you can use atoi() or atof() which converts a string (arr... (by Stewbond)
C++ Project Guidance.

So I'm still a beginner but I'm finding the best way I'm learning is when I create programs. I was looking around for ideas and came across an idea for a kind o...
[4 replies] Last: I can do classes, both within main.cpp and creating a new class file, ... (by dathtom)
I messed up

So in short, I wrote this large overcomplicated function (if you want i can post it) which produces three strings: rand_female_name, rand_male_name, rand_evil_n...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help I tried passing an array as a parameter before... (by patr1ot)
by iNiko
Compare to the element line.

Given two words. For each letter of the first word (including repeated letters in the word) to determine whether it is on the second floor. Solved without the...
[no replies]
reading file question

i notice when i execute the executable and the txt file is in the same folder it does what its supposed to do but when i debug it doesnt open the txt file. Als...
[8 replies] Last: ok I see what you mean, and I did mix up the two xD. (by Stormhawk)
What is a bidirectional stream?

I presume something like fstream fs("output.txt", ios_base::in|ios_base::out); but what exactly is the nature of a bidirectional stream? What are their ...
[1 reply] : A bidirectional stream is one that you can both read from and write to... (by Computergeek01)
Help with a class project

I need help with creating a program for a suspension system on a car so far i have read in the data and tried to echo it and it spits out a bunch of garbage num...
[3 replies] Last: Your problem is that you have defined car_name as a single char instea... (by jlb)
Bow Tie

Hi, I am stuck on this question and I was wondering if someone was able to help me with it. To print out a bow tie on the computer screen. Your program shoul...
[no replies]
unexpected end of file error

class book { private: int price;char name ;char pub ;char author ; public: void input() { //geting values } void search(book a,book...
[6 replies] Last: oh thanks to both of you i have removed all those errors and my progra... (by student2341)
by yaraa
help me please

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const int n=7; float iarray ; float dable; cout<<"enter values for your array"<<endl; for(int...
[2 replies] Last: how can you put 2 and your program between 0 to 1 !! for(int i=0... (by odai)
by Bribee
Need c++ help

I need help creating a c++ program using while that terminates the loop when two intergers become equal please need help ASAP. Thanks intergers should use 2...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the red do I put something else there or just put what you ... (by Bribee)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.