Beginners - March 2013 (Page 27)

diamond asterisks

Hi, I am a beginner at c++. I am really stuck on this question and I really need help on it. I am trying to make diamond asterisks in c++. Here is the question:...
[7 replies] Last: See: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ (by tcs)
A small question in strings...

Hello guys this question gave me a syntax error can anyone tell me how to write it in the right way ? # include <iostream> # include <string> using name...
[2 replies] Last: ok thx a lot (by PureEvil75)
Using getline to read from a text file

Hello everyone I am fairly new to programming and I must say not very good at it. I was wondering if anyone had some pointers on how to make a program that can ...
[1 reply] : Study this. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/fstream/ifstream/ Try... (by tath)
by fluffy
How would you solve this?

If you had a bunch of test score and you were write a code to add a specific persons total score, any suggestions of how to do that? For example: sam 150 ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, for example: for(int tests = 0; tests < 100; ++tests) { scor... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with Code PLEASE!!

I need to create a program that does this, but so far I have been getting nothing but errors. I've been having a friend look my code over but she is stumped too...
[4 replies] Last: Pointer Help Imagine.. int array = {10,12,13,14}; //array == 10, ... (by DysFunc)
by Pebble
Array Pointer

I'm trying to change the value of an Int array based on the value input by the user. i.e. if 3 is entered, Then element 3 (Iarr ) will have it's value changed...
[6 replies] Last: The array was defined ok vlad from moscow. I used sizeof() which retu... (by Pebble)
by Smatik
Help using random numbers

i had the following problem in my book: #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdlib.h> void main() { clrscr(); randomize(); int Game ...
[3 replies] Last: i had the following problem in my book: #include<iostream.h> #inclu... (by cire)
create a vector

This is what I have come up with so far, but I keep getting errors although I have been working with this for hours now. #include "stdafx.h" using ...
[3 replies] Last: This is what I have come up with so far, but I keep getting errors al... (by cire)
Searching an array

Program works, but trying to figure out how to get it to search the array without telling me " not found" after each index. So if I enter "Daisy" it will say...
[1 reply] : do { cout << "Enter student name or DONE" << endl; cin >> answer; ... (by vlad from moscow)
by T4l0n
tic tac toe double error

I started writing a two players tictactoe program, even if the program isn't complete i have an idea of how to write in grids and how to check winners(i check f...
[1 reply] : You can look at my old tic tac toe game state checking algorithm. Note... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with sentinel loop

I have to write a program to solve a quadratic equation and have different outputs based on the input (zero divide, no real roots, and the answer). I'm having p...
[1 reply] : I'm also get a repeating output when I use 'Q' to terminate the loop.... (by jlb)
Keeping track of variables after being called.

So right now, I'm going through an introduction phase to enumerations, structures and cases with Conio. I'm creating a rock-paper-scissors game and I've almost ...
[2 replies] Last: ... Can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you, much appreciated. (by Specula)
How to check for invalid input?

I have no idea how to check if the input is valid or not. So please help and thanks in advance I was asked to write a program that takes two numbers from the...
[1 reply] : You could write a character-by-character validation of the input strin... (by Chervil)
Funtion

What is wrong with this? #include <iostream> using namespace std; void neg_msg(char a); char a = "Negative"; void zero_msg (char b); char b =...
[2 replies] Last: Char can only be 1 single letter of the Alphabet. For example '... (by Stormhawk)
Access Reading Violation

I'm having a mostly semantic problem with my calculator program. The input string is read with cin into a character array, and the terms and operators are re...
[1 reply] : You code is very messy, it's seems that you started coding without thi... (by tath)
by linch
counting numbers in a text file

Hi guys, I have a simple problem. There is a text file with floating point numbers in it, separated by '\t' or '\n', and I want to count them. Sounds easy, b...
[3 replies] Last: I thought, inputData.good() checks, if there would be a problem. But,... (by coder777)
else condition

where did i mistake ?? thanks
[6 replies] Last: what is the problem about the code? (by mae956)
clear dynamic linked list

how do I do to clear this list and deallocate the dynamic memory, I have gived it a try but I obviously do some kind of logical error couse I don't get out of m...
[1 reply] : For example it can look the following way List * clear( List *p ) { ... (by vlad from moscow)
by ccmccm
SDL question

Hi, I am a beginner and I am trying to write a quiz program with an array. The output should initially show "Question 1". If then I click a button with correc...
[11 replies] Last: OK thanks! But now I want to make a main menu to have 3 option buttons... (by ccmccm)
packaging of a program

Hi guys..so i just finish learning c++ i'll say..(do we even finish learning programming? i think not..there is always something new to learn) ok so the thing ...
[2 replies] Last: i use codeblocks g compiler i think...i compile it and it works fine..... (by donvigor)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.