Beginners - March 2013 (Page 25)

Pointers

I am getting an error message LNK2019 unresolved external symbol, and IntelliSense: more than one instance of overload function "addNumber" What am I doing wro...
[1 reply] : void addNumber(int *& void addNumber(int * ↑ There. Different defi... (by MiiNiPaa)
need help with break statement or return statement. Dev C++ temp converter

Hi, I am new to the forum and relatively new to programming. In my intro to computer programming class we were assigned a project to create a simple tempera...
[11 replies] Last: @TheIdeasMan I just wrote what he had similar with the switch stateme... (by crimsonzero2)
Guessing Game

Hello world! I need some help on this topic: Write a program that plays a simple number-guessing with its user. The user thinks of a number and then answers a...
[3 replies] Last: This is the most efficient dichotomy methos, which gives you result in... (by MiiNiPaa)
by clarkd
A Simple Function Help, Please!

This is the Question and following is my program. Could someone please help with it. I'm not getting anywhere. It keep giving the 2065 error code -- "cout is u...
[3 replies] Last: @clarkd I personally hate dislike constructs like line 125. They a... (by TheIdeasMan)
HELP infile and functions

I was assigned a project to prompt the user for an infile name and it is supposed to spit the output of said file. It also requires the use of functions. This i...
[no replies]
Evaluate the sum of all the amicable numbers under 10000.

I am working on project Euler problem 21 and for some reason my code is getting stuck in an infinite loop. Problem 21 asks you to evaluate the sum of all the am...
[3 replies] Last: I changed the code a bit so that now it should run faster. However now... (by james116)
Help with void functions

Write a program that tells what coins to give out for any amount of change from 1 cent to 99 cents. For example, if the amount is 86 cents, the output would be...
[no replies]
check my program

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() //int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) { double start, ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! (by cmiller9732)
by xsxs
really need help

Hi, I just started c++ this week. I am learning while loops today and I am really stuck on this question and I don't know how to begin it. I'm supposed to use ...
[8 replies] Last: I don't see how it's possible for this program to crash. Unless you me... (by Olysold)
Function Help

Hello, I'm trying to get this function to work where it asked the user to input a value for temp, and then calculates falling distance by using the following...
[6 replies] Last: I've actually figured it out! Thanks everyone for the help! (by elv5022)
How to transfer an array to a class array?

We had a lab in my class today where we had to send file data (20 elements) into a class array (not an array of a class, but an array IN the class). The followi...
[no replies]
need help with char array

trying to print a map but it only prints the first row for(int i=0;i<ymapsize;i++) { for(int j=0;j<xmapsize;j++) { mapprinter[j+i*(xmapsize+1)+...
[12 replies] Last: managed to solve it with some testing for(int j=0;j<ymapsize;j++) ... (by ToLesto)
Functions C++ Problem

Hi, I was wondering how I would move my values (From my main) to my Display Data function. If this is possible how would I do this. Or if this isn't possible I ...
[2 replies] Last: Its ok, i was just gonna get this to display properly first as my assi... (by FaffyWaffle)
Why won't it output to textfile

I got it to input the numbers from a text file and i want output the average in another text file but it does not work. However when i output inside c++ its wor...
[13 replies] Last: great!! You should mark this topic as solved. (by Marcos Modenesi)
by tophe
Helper functions

Hello. I've been wondering... Why is it that some functions have to be outside the class? For example in for_each or sort. Lets say I do this: void MyCl...
[3 replies] Last: To be useful in the std::sort() function compareByName() should be a... (by tcs)
simple spell check.

Hey, I appreciate any help. I'm stuck and don't know what I've done wrong. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std...
[2 replies] Last: For debuggin purposes, I'd add some lines to see if the code is doing ... (by Marcos Modenesi)
Help with vectors and pointers

Hey guys, I'm getting 2 errors that I don't know how to fix in my program. This is the code, the errors are in comments. Thanks IntegerSet.cpp file ...
[1 reply] : integer.h line 24: vector<bool> is a template specialization. It d... (by AbstractionAnon)
Help.

How to enter a number for "t" //Test 1 Part 2 Lavarius Williams 3/20/13 #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> us...
[1 reply] : After launching your application the process blocks until you've enter... (by tcs)
Robot class question

Hello! When I get a color input for my robot if the input is wrong ( I mean if it's not a proper color ) my program should end but instead, the program continu...
[2 replies] Last: and suddenly I understood why these aren't work (by tcan618)
Robot class

How can I get an input by calling the user's name in robot class? string name; // user's name GetInput("Please enter your name:", name); For the next step...
[2 replies] Last: found it GetInput(name + ", bla bla.."); (by tcan618)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2324252627... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.