Beginners - March 2013 (Page 24)

Calculating Average

I need to have it stop after I enter the 10th score. This is what I have so far. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { double sco...
[1 reply] : First, get rid of the inputting of scores that takes places before the... (by freddy92)
by vrakas
Lists Vs Vectors

are lists in general faster than vectors?
[2 replies] Last: Vectors tends to slow down as the size increases... due to relocation ... (by writetonsharma)
SPH Modelling

Hi, I am doing numerical modelling of regular wave slamming on rigid body structure with SPH method. Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamic is a meshfree, Lagrangian, ...
[no replies]
need help with while

while( x=(n+1)/2 ) { luck_centre = rand() % 100 + 1; if(luck_centre<=((1-(2*p/3))*...
[7 replies] Last: I think he's straight up assuming that both while loops will work on e... (by Olysold)
C++ exercise

Hello, My name is Daniel,i am taking the first course related to C++, our instructor asked us to do this exercise but I really don't know how to solve it.. It i...
[no replies]
Merge Sort - help me debug

Hello forum visitors! :-) Recently I have started learning algorithms (starting with sort-ones). I am having a little trouble with merge sort. I understand h...
[no replies]
where to from here

So I've completed all the exercises in this topic: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ If anyone wants to check them out and gimme some tips it'll be...
[2 replies] Last: Hmm that large chunk of code is great and all but as it seems I'm very... (by patr1ot)
FLTK Installation

How do I install FLTK on Code::Blocks v12.11? It's completely alien to me.
[no replies]
FLTK installation

In the FLTK lib folder, all the .lib files are missing except README.lib. I'm supposed to copy them into a Code::Blocks folder but they aren't there. Any sugges...
[no replies]
by fx11
main - argc, argv[]

Are there any other parameters of main() function besides argc and argv ? argumentum.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main (i...
[4 replies] Last: thanks (by fx11)
password user check

Hello, I recently started to get into c++, and i have a (probably) very simple question. I am supposed to write a password program, so far so good. Then i ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you kind sir. Meanwhile i tried a different approach that worked... (by Fauch911)
WHY is for loop is not working !

Hello I want to fill a string with a number of spaces using for loop for (int i=0 ; i<5 ; i++) { name = ' ' ; } so it's not working it gave string o...
[11 replies] Last: string name ; for (int i=0 ; i<5 ; i++ ) { name = ' ' ; } Th... (by Chervil)
clearone data in dynamic list.

I'm trying to clear one data of the dynamic list, with no success for a while now and I keep getting segmentation fault and I can't figure out what i'm doing wr...
[1 reply] : Line 10: clearone(p->next, d); (by tcs)
First project

Here is my first project. It's a simple BEDMAS calculator my friend challenged me to make. Would you guys care to give me constructive feedback? http://paste...
[1 reply] : tl dr Also, indent it properly. (by ne555)
What does ">>" really do?

Hi, I'm a novice C++ student. My background is mostly C, and matlab. I'm trying to understand following line of code s = 555 int i = (s >> 4) & ~(~0 << ...
[9 replies] Last: If you are planning some very high level programming like c# or java y... (by tath)
by clarkd
Need Help Correcting the Function!!!!!!!

I'm suppose to write a calculator program with functions. The Program runs ask for the Operator and the second number but for some minor mistake it doesn't add ...
[3 replies] Last: To add on, I go through your code, I find some of the lines are a bit ... (by osgwsy)
recv returning -1

Hi, I'm trying to get some data across a TCP network. I printf "buf" in my receive function before "recv" and it shows the data string perfectly. Then, for som...
[3 replies] Last: > could it be because I'm not memset-ing my buffer? > could it be beca... (by JLBorges)
Burger King Program Help!

Hi, I'm new to C++ programming and I have to complete this project. It's a Burger King Self Service Program. Design a Burger King self order program that acc...
[2 replies] Last: 1 cheese burger and diet coke please :D !!!, man seriously have u code... (by SirSmilesaLot)
by ace55
for loop question

hi guys im writing a code to compute a factorial and when i enter the number, it skips a line and the program doesn't do anything. help please #include <iost...
[2 replies] Last: replace while loop with while(num>=0) (by vintho)
header files

header files in c&c++
[1 reply] : What about them? (by Smac89)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.