Beginners - March 2013 (Page 19)

Unhandled exception; Access violation reading location.

the program runs like is should, but when you close it this pops up - Unhandled exception at 0x772115de in Pong 2.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading loca...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks, Cire. how would I fix it then? Don't make 'em globals.... (by cire)
Filter binary file to ASCii text using fstream

This is a homework assignment, and I'm not looking for anyone to do my homework, but I have looked everywhere on the internet, but I guess I just don't know whe...
[2 replies] Last: Thankfully, I have one more class period on Monday before this assignm... (by mit6488)
problem with pointer to a pointer

so i get the following error when i run my code Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'parr1' was corrupted. int parr=0; int *parr1=&p...
[16 replies] Last: Never mind I got it :D thanks all I really appreciate it. Just been wo... (by ToLesto)
Whats wrong with this?

#include <windows.h> HINSTANCE ShellExecute( _In_opt_ HWND hwnd, _In_opt_ LPCTSTR lpOperation, _In_ LPCTSTR lpFile, _In_opt_ LPCTSTR lpPa...
[3 replies] Last: ¿why are you declaring `ShellExecute' ? the header should do that alr... (by ne555)
Having trouble counting characters in array

void charactSummary(char counterArray , char& setOfChar) { counterArray = {'a','b','c','d','e','f','g','h','i','j','k','l','m','n','o','p','q','r','s','t...
[5 replies] Last: Got it, thanks guys!! (by littleking)
My object variable is producing a Error

I'm trying to set up a class for a resistor program. The program is not complete yet but I'm trying to figure out why I have a error on the line that has my obj...
[1 reply] : Because all of them have default values for all their parameters the c... (by tcs)
Creating a password program

Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me with this code see what im doing wrong first of all I cant get the character setting right for password and when r...
[1 reply] : How about now # include <iostream> # include <limits.h> using namesp... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Vectors

How do I prompt the user for 10 floating point values and then storing them in the vector? This is as far as I got.I am not sure if it is correct. #include <...
[2 replies] Last: Well, the assignment requires it to be a vector. (by Bolong Yu)
C++ comparing words from two files (ifstream)?

I want to find the words from file1 in file2. I have already put the words of file1 into a string delimited by a space. I want to check if the words from file1 ...
[5 replies] Last: No progblem man just bring problems we will appreciate it (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Function problem

I am unsure why my { bracket in my DisplayDeductions function says that it expected a declaration. Also linking my DisplayPay to my DisplayDeductions to transfe...
[3 replies] Last: I'm talking about the literal variables. So like here: int main() ... (by The Mighty Boosh)
Timed jitter issue...

Hey guys, I'm stumped. I've written an SDL program using a while loop to run my program. The typical game code. Everything works, using a frame-independent mov...
[no replies]
Trying to print all the adjacent duplicates of an input

I want all adjacent duplicates. Like, if the input is 1 3 3 4 5 5 6 6 2, the program should print 3 5 6. I've tried moving stuff around but I can't get the outp...
[7 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main() ... (by Yanson)
compiler help.

Wheres a nice visual express 2012 C++ compiler download? Links to the place would be nice.
[no replies]
Question in a string !

# include <iostream> # include <algorithm> # include <string> using namespace std ; int main () { string name ; name = 'e' ; // initialize the 5th element ...
[4 replies] Last: string name ; cout << "Length of string is: " << name.length() << e... (by Chervil)
Can someone please explain this

Can someone please explain rvalues, lvalues, rvalue references and lvalue references. I am very confused and really need help. Please and thank you.
[1 reply] : This might help: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/value_cate... (by The Mighty Boosh)
How can i run my program with my files on a different folder

Hello everyone. I am trying to organize the files of my program, but every time i move images to a different folder my program crashes. Any ideas on how i can ...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah It well crashes , if I have a test.txt file in c: driver I can op... (by closed account 28poGNh0)
Rectangle with "*", but inside it has to remain empty

Hi, I have a code that makes a rectangle with "*" when I cin 2 numbers for width and Height, like this: ****** ****** ****** ****** But now i have to ma...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, that's it. You are a lifesaver! :) (by dude101)
Is there a File to access saved info easily?

I'm looking for a file or method that lets me write info to it, like say a person's name or age, and then access it easily without having a program search the ...
[no replies]
Cannot get Program to cin or cout my stuct variable.

I cannot get this to cin or cout anything. It will compile successfully but it's not doing what I'm defining it to do. Anybody got any ideas. #include <io...
[4 replies] Last: This is how I understand them: 1. Function Prototypes These are not s... (by fg109)
strings and searching

I took a class for c++ and fixing this is one of the debugging practices we have to do. I spent 3 hours reading the text, searching google, and changing things ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, working and seems obvious now. I'll remember the code tags ... (by applesnstuff)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.