Beginners - March 2013 (Page 17)

by shhhhd
simple help

hi all im new in c++ and i want to know how do this example : I think a question if the user of program answer by yes it shows a result and if the user's ans...
[9 replies] Last: Sorry, you're going to need a loop to go back to the top. (by gs1131)
Is it just a mistake?

That lvalue reference when const can reference rvalues or is their a reason???? Or is it just because before c++ 11 it was not possible without rvalue referen...
[no replies]
Having Problems... Help?

I have to write a program that tells the user how much they should deposit into a savings account if they want to obtain a certain amount over a period of time....
[2 replies] Last: What do you mean it doesn't exist? I thought I initialized it at the t... (by H3avenlySoul)
Does this simple C++ program need any further improvement?

Hello guys, first of all I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming. So please forgive me if I unwillingly say something stupid. Now this is my first prog...
[8 replies] Last: I did not. What I said was slightly incorrect but easier to explain t... (by cire)
Help with a loop.

I have finished my program to convert feet and inches to centimeters, but i need to insert a loop that will ask the user if they want to run the program again. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for the loop it helped alot. Yes i understand the function ... (by Jose94ji)
Why cant dynamically allocated variables can’t be named?

I understand why you cant define them but why cant you name them. Or is it that you must always define them in order to name them? Why do I have to always use...
[3 replies] Last: In addition to what AbstractionAnon said, a symbol of automatic stor... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Keep the content of ifstream and ofstream files unchanged.

How to keep the content of ifstream and ofstream files unchanged. I want to deal with the following files (all given by the user) or names: A.txt A.out ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by ChangBroot)
How to take input from .txt file and store in different variables

Hi all, I am new in C++ programming. I am building a program where I have to take input for many variables. Some variables are single integers and some are arra...
[3 replies] Last: Reading in the values from the text file is as easy as reading it in f... (by Smac89)
by abzksm
plzzz plzzzz help guys

i have in case 4 to calculate series for example series=1+......X!/x^y pleasee i need help #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int ...
[3 replies] Last: PLEASE PLEASE abzksm don't repost the same question twice. You have go... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Accessing elements in classes

I don't understand classes very well, but I'm trying to implement them into my project, because they have many benefits. How can I do something like this? #...
[10 replies] Last: I removed the static and everything is good now (I forgot I had chan... (by Vidminas)
Pointers as function parameters.

Hi, need some clarification if my understanding of this is right. #include<iostream> using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl; void test (int *...
[9 replies] Last: Awesome, that cleared up a lot. Thanks vlad you're really helpful =). (by Olysold)
by fluffy
Help with program segment

Hello, I would like for some further instructions on how to write this program segment. It asks to print out the index of the smallest and largest character in ...
[14 replies] Last: It worked! and it returns 19 as largest element index and 0 as smalles... (by fluffy)
Precision and decimal points

I need to program an arbitrary program that has to make use of setting precision to two decimal points, now I know that I can use "setprecision(n)" where n is t...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> int main() { std::cout << ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by suraya
header files and source files

hey guys, i have this assignment i know what to do but in the assignmnet the professor asks us to declare the method in mymath.h and define it in mymath.cpp and...
[4 replies] Last: thanks guys :) (by suraya)
ERROR: 'Student::NumCourses' : is not a type name

I get 2 errors and I don't know why I can't make int courses(NumCourses); I get these errors: 'Student::NumCourses' : is not a type name 'NumCourses' : undec...
[11 replies] Last: Ahh, makes so much sense now. Thank you very much, I really appreciate... (by Jas Singh)
by Tomsta
LNK2019 & LNK1120 errors

Although i have 2 years expierance in c++, i have never come across these errors before, i know they are linker errors, but no idea how to solve em; Error 10...
[2 replies] Last: Ha that might be my issue, as far as i can see i don't have an int ma... (by Tomsta)
DarkGDK image printing.

Hello, people. I've just installed Dark GDK on C++. I tried to learn programing on it and had one problem: then i start my program i want to print image on scre...
[no replies]
Declaring variables in global scope.

Is it good practice? i.e #include <iostream> std::string hello; int x; int main() { } Also, would declaring objects be bad? #include <iostream> c...
[1 reply] : I have never had to write a program that big, but imagine how much has... (by devonrevenge)
by krutuk
delete 2d array

Hi everybody! I spent 3 hours at this code and haven't figured out how to delete 2d array from dynamical memory. I think something wrong with my function free()...
[9 replies] Last: When you create a line of memory, you have to loop through the line of... (by pogrady)
Help with sorting

Nvm then
[1 reply] : See http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/: " Don't post homework... (by tcs)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.