Beginners - March 2013 (Page 16)

little problem

Hi. I'm new to this forum aswell as C++ programming. I started learning a few days ago and now I'm trying to make a program that gets a string the user inputs a...
[6 replies] Last: If he wants to save the characters he can use a vector<char> to save... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by DNA
Read document from a given URL

Hi, I've got a small project work to write a C++ code to read a webpage (any page having any article) and to write it down in a file. I went through this ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes I am compiling it from command line using g++. Thanks for the advi... (by DNA)
Looking for data() function

Hi all, In one of the articles someone used a function data() as follows: string work = data(); without any further reference or definition. I h...
[3 replies] Last: There is a member function for most containers called data, but in thi... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by fatin
how to create simple game using c++

hello..i'm new here..can anybody help me how to create game using coding..please help..
[3 replies] Last: How animation is included in games? (by Rehan FASTian)
Scopes are mean.

So when I run my program, the texture it drew was white. I googled around andfound out that it had to do something with a scope. Can anyone tell me why this is...
[15 replies] Last: Thank you so much :) I'll remember this in the future! (by kong288)
by poziga
Standard C, atoi

When comparing string items, lets say: '0' and '-' atoi(0) = 0 atoi(-) = 0 How can I make an exception, so I could use '0' but not '-'. It seem like atoi does...
[19 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. :) (by poziga)
Best C++ Books for completely new programmers?!

Hello, I want to start coding, and I really need some good books that can explain me every single thing about C++ for new programmers. I'm 16 years old, fro...
[12 replies] Last: I'm a beginer too. i just bought C++ primer plus and C++ primer. (by cc9355)
by adny
Class Template problem

I'm trying to learn c++ using a book, and I must write a simple template class that holds two arrays of types that are defined via the class’s template parame...
[5 replies] Last: ¿where are `Arrays::{MyArray1,MyArray2}' pointing to? Why do I ha... (by ne555)
by fg109
input/output question

I have an assignment for class where we have to create a censoring program. We need to replace target words in a file with '*' characters. EG, I need to turn ...
[3 replies] Last: Maybe you did put '\0' somewhere? how do you replace? It would be the ... (by tath)
deque small problem

#include <iostream> #include <queue> #include <deque> using namespace std; int main(){ deque<int> d; queue<int> q; q.push(5); q.push(11); ...
[3 replies] Last: > so i just redeclare again? Not redeclare it; just reset it to a val... (by JLBorges)
by tomz6
Whats the difference between making a library and just a .h?

If you make a myscripts.h/myscripts.cpp what's the difference between that and a 'proper' library? How can you turn it into a library? Thanks!
[2 replies] Last: If myscripts.h has all of the definitions and declarations, you don't ... (by Stewbond)
by mahsaa
classes

I don't know how can a function of a class use private member declared in another class?!
[2 replies] Last: An example of where it is very useful is when overloading operators fo... (by Stewbond)
by bilger
Array data insertion issues

So the goal is to set up prime factorization, i'm using 36 as my default for debugging, except when I run it, it prints out all 3's instead of 2 2 3 3 like it s...
[5 replies] Last: Some food for thought. #include <vector> #include <iostream> class ... (by cire)
by ubnir
calculator problem

Pass in parameters to each function for the values to use and the functions will return the result. Use a function to read in the numbers involved. These number...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include "math.h" double ... (by ubnir)
by Jace
Which compiler?

I already have visual studio C++, there in a problem however. When I send a .exe to anyone else, it gives them an error. I don't know how to prevent this, some ...
[3 replies] Last: K, I guess I'll give code blocks a chance. I hope it's about as good a... (by Jace)
Problem with Functions

Program compiles but does not calculate values. Writes 0 for grades. Infile exists and contains data. // This program calculates a final grade using a for...
[2 replies] Last: I haven't taken a look at the rest of the code, just the CalculateGrad... (by fg109)
Spider Testing

#include <Windows.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <chilkat/CkSpider.h> int main() { // The Chilkat Spider component/library is free. CkSpider spid...
[4 replies] Last: @Catfish3 Done with the codes and windows XP. There must be somethin... (by GaGoKoYa)
by Shala
Compiling and running a code written from Sublime Text in Mac's Terminal

So the title is basically it. But first off, can I in fact run/compile a code I wrote in Sublime Text in my macs terminal? I typed the code up and saved it as r...
[3 replies] Last: Glad to help! (by Thumper)
Covariant Return type

Trying to understand covariant return types and the following does not seem to work: struct IElement { virtual IElement& Get() = 0; }; template<ty...
[1 reply] : IElement* iE = &fE; The static (compile time) type of the object poi... (by JLBorges)
Assignment

Please help me solve the question because I already try to code it but still got error. Here is the questions: Task 3 Using two arrays, named arr_A and...
[3 replies] Last: Since you totally ignored everything I said I'll pass, but who knows m... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.