Beginners - March 2013 (Page 14)

cout<<"Hello Programers! Please help.\n";

Hi, All! I am learning C++ and new to this forum. I hope we will be all be helpful to each other. For my questions: (1)________________________________...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, all helped. And for number (3), I believe it was just a mistak... (by MUSTAFA SAFA)
Dont know what I'm doing wrong!! Please Help!!

I dont know what I'm missing here and why I keep getting the following warnings which cause my program to crash: : warning C4305: '=' : truncation from 'i...
[2 replies] Last: I know you figured it out, but I'm looking for practice :) Line 52 a... (by Apmeyer)
I need help with a do while!

Alright I have a program that needs to calculate different rates of commission for a particular sale I'm stuck in a loop and I'm not sure how to update the f...
[4 replies] Last: THANK YOU. however i did have to change the double rate to .05 instea... (by mcnevermore)
Problem with array.

So I have array that is up to 299 elements... but for some reason it when I run it.. i get an error stating "access violation writing location 0x976d4047.. and ...
[2 replies] Last: Don't know why I didn't see that. Thanks. (by drascal)
by AprilC
Any Help in Command Line Argument and Multiple Sum Digits

Hey everybody I'm fairly new to C++ and have been understanding until Ive hit this rock. Im trying to figure out how to indicate whether or not a first command ...
[no replies]
making a dialog box for VS 2005

i've took some codes from VS 2010 to make a dialog box in VS 2005 but there are errors to it. can someone help me with this problem. the codes are stated below....
[no replies]
by kpb17
Concentration (Memory Game) C++ Problem

I'm trying to make the Memory game Concentration (pick two cards from a board, if they are a match good, if not, turn them back over). I'm getting an error (bot...
[3 replies] Last: Protected isn't good enough for access in main(). You could make it pu... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
[txt-based game] Connect 4 with a twist

Hello everyone! Quick intro: I'm currently a Sophomore in Electrical Engineering at UTK, and I'm planning to get a minor in computer science. Anyway, I'm on spr...
[2 replies] Last: bool checkWin(char gameBoard , std::string& winLoc) { //check colum... (by Apmeyer)
Find Row in 2D array

So im working on a small program that allow user to input low and high weather for each month. Im having trouble outputting the Month that the weather is lowest...
[11 replies] Last: @vlad from moscow @ MiiNiPaa Thanks, and i've learnt a lot. and i fi... (by cc9355)
by pnoid
string or char array?

My instructor in introductory programming is teaching us to use char to hold strings instead of string . Is it better programming etiquette to use a char ar...
[2 replies] Last: it depends. if you dont need to modify that string, use const char*, e... (by tntxtnt)
Separating an input file into two multi-dimensional arrays

Hello, I am trying to take information from an input file "fileinp.txt" and separate it into two multidimensional arrays. The file in looks something like: BA...
[no replies]
Including Functions within Input files.

I'm writing a data driven program for a text adventure game- basically creating an engine for a universal text adventure game. The game will take in input files...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, that saves a ton of time. (by Anonagon)
trying to get"random"line() from a txt file

I have been using this forum as a wonderful reference tool for several months now, and I have to say, this is my first post. I am a college student and am ta...
[3 replies] Last: that the "std::" before all of your commands is just redundant? Its ... (by tcs)
Constructor help

Updated code. Error: Expected unqualified-id before '.' token line 72 Cars.DisplayCars(void); #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Cars ...
[13 replies] Last: I finally got the program complete. #include <iostream> #include ... (by Michael Kane)
by Sam06
simple help

solved
[2 replies] Last: i need help creating a function. i don't know how to add it. (by Sam06)
by cdeeks
First program hello world error .

Hi, I'm new to c++ and I'm in the process of learning c++, i used VS2010 a few months back and all my projects where running fine and i have just installed VS20...
[3 replies] Last: That's what happens when you change code and then hit debug (F5). Jus... (by Stewbond)
by mahsaa
string

why it gives string subscript out of range error?! void main(vector<and> ands,vector<or> ors,vector<xor> xors,vector<nand>nands) /////////////////////////re...
[6 replies] Last: This loop is flawed: while (!input.eof()) { getline(input,line); ... (by Chervil)
need help about while

solved
[1 reply] : Your test in line 40 is not a test. "x = (n+1)/2" assigns the value to... (by Daleth)
How do I setup a list?

Hey, I've been struggling to setup a list object for a custom class I've made... Basically I don't know how to use the allocator class. Could someone please he...
[8 replies] Last: Fair enough... So, question: Answered Thanks guys (by TheBeardedQuack)
simple C to MIPS convertion

I'm having some trouble understanding MIPS it should be simple assuming i,j,k,f are stored in registers $s0, $s1, $s2, $s3 f= i-j-k and why al...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.