Beginners - June 2014 (Page 41)

Output problem

I am writing a program that takes exam and homework scores, and returns a median of those homework scores. I cannot get the output to display the median score c...
[5 replies] Last: I see my fault, thank you for your help! (by DEnumber50)
by venros
C++ Debug Assignment - Reading Linked List

Hi guys, This is a debug assignment for a linked list, I edited many things but the COUT is still broken. It couts the first value entered but thats it. #i...
[10 replies] Last: works great ty Qlong & ne555 learned something new with your construct... (by venros)
Have to write a code with a function that returns the number of seconds since the last time the clock struck 12.

I need write a code with a function that returns the number of seconds since the last time the clock struck 12. Im really new to C++ and I want to see how to do...
[2 replies] Last: @CocaCola9898 I was intrigued by this problem, so I went ahead and wr... (by whitenite1)
by LtMoe
Newbie error

I've just started doing some c++ in preperation for uni and I'm stuck over a very simple matter. How come this first code doesn't work while the second one ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh my GOOD!! You are pure genious man! Thanks alot!! :D (by LtMoe)
Bigger number causes program to stop working

I've made program that changes decimal number into binary. It works fine if I put smaller number for example 55,10,22 but as soon as I put in a number like 100,...
[5 replies] Last: int array ; // If we were able to change size here, it woul... (by cire)
by yepMe
Problem with linked list "delete"

Hi everybody, I am writing my first linked list , where till now I have done insert and print are working properly, delete is giving little problem.there are 3...
[10 replies] Last: Your indentation is not very informative (at least on the post). Lets... (by keskiverto)
Greatest\Least number

I am writing a program from a book where it finds the greatest and least numbers. Technically it does work just doesn't work how it should. It grabs the greate...
[2 replies] Last: I figured it out thanks for the help #include<iostream> using... (by jimJohnson)
i need some testers please help me!!! it is for my final

i had to make a game for my final due in 2 days can you guy play/test it and see how it works? if it works good? any feed back will help thank you and HAVE FUN ...
[5 replies] Last: Fix the things that MiiNiPaa mentioned. Then save the file somewhere ... (by dhayden)
by XIX
How to tell the user to input 3 numbers in a single statement?

I'm new to C++, I hope everyone can use a simple way to explain this. How do you tell the user to enter three numbers in one statement? The question is: ...
[2 replies] Last: cout << setprecision(1) << setiosflags( ios::fixed | ios::showpoint ... (by Auroch)
Error: expected initializer before '<<' token, and more.

Hello guys, I'm new to C++ programming, so now, I got the first errors which I can't solve at my own :o. So, I got Error: expected initializer before '<<'...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, that was what I meant to do. Thanks for your help! (by iRoot121)
Need help with something.

Good day everyone, well I started to learn c++ not long ago. Need to do one thing but I am not able to. Even people I learn with couldnt do it. So here is ...
[14 replies] Last: Ty again will try. (by Vadimka)
Pausing my console(ignore() or get()?)

Should i pause my console with std::cin.get(); or std::cin.ignore(); or maybe another way? Does it even matter? I know that ignore has the ...
[2 replies] Last: There's a whole thread on this topic: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/b... (by long double main)
Help with strings

Im learning to use strings and I made a code using them, but im getting errors at lines 8, 9 and 10 Line 8: no match for call to '(std::string {aka std::basi...
[3 replies] Last: you should include C++ string header file. It is #include < string >... (by MiiNiPaa)
Write a program to detect common passwords, Check file for more info

Write a program to detect common passwords. 1. Read in the given file into an array of string objects (allow for 10,000 entries). 2. Then read passwords from ...
[3 replies] Last: What compilation error(s) are you getting? This compiled for me on th... (by wildblue)
by lluk12
Connecting C++ with a webpage

Hi, I'd like to have some information about a library or something to connect c++ with a webpage. This webpage has a form which I'd like to fill in automaticall...
[3 replies] Last: I'd recomend libcurl. Poco and Wt are frameworks that primarily do ot... (by kbw)
Creating a movable arrow.

Hi guys I want to create a menu where you can move the arrow, EX : > PLAY EXIT I want to use GetAsyncKeyState(), but How can I do that...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by DatIncredibleGuy)
by trias
Print list of value using only i/o and while

Greetings all, I'm new to c++, I learn from a book, Just learn input/output, comment and while statement, An exercise there ask me to write a program that p...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you @freddy92 for the idea, I got it now.. (by trias)
My program keeps crashing on launching!

Hi everyone! I'm posting there because I really need help for this program I posted. I know this might be a long post but if you can understand where the prob...
[7 replies] Last: that's going to take a lot of time. about the crash, run through a d... (by ne555)
Will a temporary variable be produced when a function return a built-in type by value?

class MyClass{}; MyClass ret_myclass() {return MyClass();} int main() { ret_myclass(); // this will produce a temporary object before calling functio...
[1 reply] : In your case no function calls, no assigment and no temporary object c... (by MiiNiPaa)
Allocating multi-dimensional array.

Hi, I am currently learning C++ and I am now learning : Allocating Multidimensional Arrays, I have been re-reading the topic like for weeks, I want to move o...
[1 reply] : Is it really necessary to learn this ? Yes. What exactly is your pro... (by coder777)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.