Beginners - June 2014 (Page 34)

Function Pointers from external class

How can i use a function pointer from external class? Say we have a class tuna Tuna: int foo(){ return 45; } int (*foobar)(); Tuna::Tuna(){ ...
[5 replies] Last: procrastination , as you can see from the error message, the type of ... (by cire)
Tokenizing arithmetical expression and printing it as an assembly operations

Hello everyone. I have to make a compiler that will print out the given expression as a set of assembly operations. I have the following: As input (string) w...
[no replies]
What is wrong in this program?

I am seeing memory access violation when I run program below. The error is "0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000." #include "iostream"...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks @akn and @supersammy7000. That helped me understand this concep... (by funprogrammer)
How to Error Check if user inputs letters?

How do I error check if the user is inputting letters and not numbers? For example, if the user inputs "Lab.txt" I need to display an error message. If th...
[5 replies] Last: Strings on lines 11 and 17 must be double-quoted. Thanks! This fi... (by MissPrimrose)
using values in other functions

I have made a function in the beginning that calculates the solidity and takes in values B1, B2 and returns sigma1 Now Ive made another function that takes in...
[3 replies] Last: what alpha1(0.23+(B2/500)) is supposed to do? The error is 'alpha1... (by Null)
Not satisfying while loop

I wrote a game that's like the old Final Fantasy 1, 2, etc. I tried to make the game... like there are two foes and two home units. You can only do damage to o...
[6 replies] Last: DeMorgan's laws can be helpful with this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wik... (by wildblue)
char releasing weird symbols and strings not working

I have created a simple code to execute as part of my binomial expansion program (please correct me if i'm wrong, i don't speak English nativelly, so i may writ...
[18 replies] Last: So the code has *worked*. Now i have to think of the possibilities so ... (by VentusiK)
Running integer when it is after the code

So my question is this: I want to run the main(); again, but the problem stays that whenever I try to run it again, the code MUST be after the main();. I don'...
[8 replies] Last: Why are you trying to call main on line 8 after they input a value for... (by wildblue)
by Yasen
help me please

Help me what is does int main () do? beginner here... ERROR: Implicit coercion of a value of type String to an unrelated type Number. int functi...
[3 replies] Last: I'm using Adobe Flash Professional, do it have C++? No. if it is u... (by helios)
what are hexadecimals?

what are hexadecimals? what are they used for? how do i determine the hexadecimal number of integers? please help. i dont understand the concept of hexadecimal ...
[3 replies] Last: And Disch explanation: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/135133/#... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Yasen
Advice me please

What is the best, most recommended, known, and popular C++ programing software?
[3 replies] Last: 1. There are C++ compilers. They do compile. 2. There are editors. T... (by keskiverto)
General advice for handling (possibly much) data

Hi there! This is my first post in a programming forum and my first post in English, too. I will try to express my problem as clear as I possibly can. I a...
[3 replies] Last: Well, a vector is "more than an array" because it keeps track of not j... (by Chervil)
Inserion and display in doubly linked list

Hello. I am confused about how to insert student name, roll number, and 5 courses in a node in doubly linked list. This is a new concept for me. is there any pe...
[5 replies] Last: "No" is not an answer to "What list?". (by keskiverto)
Not able to comply

Hello, I get this message when I try to comply can't create output directory bin\debug\. What sould I do next? Below is the code. int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: Hey I have been able to retify this complilation problem. I had to do... (by paulbaah)
by Snippy
Socket ip input. (1,2)

Hello everyone. I had an idea to make a C++ server for a chat system kind of like vent. when I have the ip set to 127.0.0.1 it works fine and I can connect to i...
[20 replies] Last: It's virtually always done the other way around. The port for a servic... (by Computergeek01)
Explain this program..

Kindly explain the following program how will be executed. Why Y value is assigned -1? #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> int &maxref(int &a, int &b) ...
[5 replies] Last: @r 4 raja (15) wrote: kindly explain why "y value only modified..... (by closed account jvqpDjzh)
The synthesized default constructor

I'm reading about constructors in C++ Primer and can't seem to figure out what the difference is between an empty default constructor and the default constructo...
[6 replies] Last: Another important distinguishing feature is that the class without any... (by Cubbi)
by Nezar
How should i do this ?

Hey buddy, Here's the problem : ??? Define a struct Date to keep track of dates. Provide fucntions that read Dates from input, write Dates to output, and ini...
[3 replies] Last: It's challenging if you can't do it. That doesn't make it wrong. (by kbw)
How to use a template function in a source file

Is it possible to access to a template function (which is implemented in a .h file) from the source file where all other non-template functions are implemented?...
[16 replies] Last: But if you want, you can implement it outside of class, but still in ... (by closed account jvqpDjzh)
game programming, allegro, multiple objects

Hi there! I'm currently working on a 2D game where the main character moves about in a room completing various tasks. To make the game more realistic I added...
[no replies]
June 2014 Pages: 1... 3233343536... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.