Beginners - June 2014 (Page 27)

C++ Simple Math Caclulator Help!

I need some help with me C++ assignment. Here are the requirements: Choices should be as follows: 1.Addition 2.Subtraction 3.Multiplication 4.Quit Tuto...
[13 replies] Last: I finally figured it out, Thanks for yalls help! (by Mathguy217)
Class: unable to initialize values?

Hi ! So I'm trying to practice writing classes and I wrote this class for a pizza ingredient-menu. I'm having a problem with initializing pre-set values,...
[3 replies] Last: Anyways, thanks a bunch for the help!! (by NookLines)
SDL ttf

I have made pong game in sdl and i have tried to dynamically change the ttf font for example for incrementing score but it gives error , now i have option of bl...
[1 reply] : Don't know SDL, but the issue probably is that it doesn't know how to ... (by Ganado)
by venros
C++ Assignment Operator - Vector Substrict out of range

Hi guys, My assignment operator is supposed to copy over the referenced vector into a new array and update exsisting vector. So: Lawtest (has a vector size o...
[12 replies] Last: Tyvm guys! it finally worked, @cire, this code is not supposed to be ... (by venros)
by iiWolf
Word Variables with If-Else Statements

Hello, Complete beginner here, really enjoying learning to code. Currently trying to fix up a fun program for my dad for Father's Day. I have already written...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks so much guys, I got it working. I had been using main (), just ... (by iiWolf)
C++

i have a simple question. should i finish this website's tutorial first? before going in some books?
[no replies]
GPA program : giving big negative value

Hello ! I am very, very new to programming and one of our assignments was to make a GPA program with two functions (not allowed to use arrays). If anyone cou...
[7 replies] Last: oh wait, thank you so much for pointing out that out, I just did exact... (by NookLines)
Random number not so random afterall

Hey Guys. I am new at coding, and I wanted to make a little game using the random number generator. Below you see the way I learned to make a random number g...
[15 replies] Last: Can't expect 5 minutes of research to be perfect :) (by admkrk)
Please help me to fix the problem

Hi, I'm new to programming. I have an assignment, but there is a bug. When i run it on my own laptop, it is executable. But a problem is everytime i enter a new...
[8 replies] Last: Then you should probably remove the "insert" from the name as it is a ... (by cire)
by greer
Code runs fine on the cmd line but crashes in gdb

Hi, I have a C++ program that calls a large library of functions. I have built it and can execute it successfully from the command line in ubuntu. I would li...
[1 reply] : Probably there is undefined behavior somewhere. Say, usage of uninitia... (by MiiNiPaa)
Undeclared Identifier Problems

So I'm writing this very simple program and I'm just starting with C++. I have no idea how to fix these errors and I searched all over the net. I think these pr...
[2 replies] Last: Omg, thank you. I forgot to add using namespace std; Thanks for the qu... (by liubo123)
by yepMe
Reversing a singly linked list

Hi everybody, I have written a code to reverse a linked list , i have done insert , display and delete now I am writing to reverse the linked list!!! I know...
[6 replies] Last: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/nullptr (by keskiverto)
Program 3

Hello, I moved to exercise 4. Declare a char variable called friend_sex and initialize its value to 0. Prompt the user to enter an m if the friend is male...
[4 replies] Last: You don't need lines 16 and 17. The assignment wants you to initializ... (by wildblue)
by tdk93
if prototype of type int given, the program works but if void given the program doesnt

Here's the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main() { void fun1(int); void fun2(int); int fun3(int); // this works fin...
[3 replies] Last: Best avoid nested function declarations, i.e. declare all your functio... (by tipaye)
Program2

Hello, I have just started doing the exercises of chapter 3 objects,types and values and I`m stumbling. I have a code which looks like this: #include<iostre...
[3 replies] Last: That one used to get me all of the time too. (by Stewbond)
How to create a file

This is probably a very simple problem. I need to create a new file called testfile.txt. I have tried doing this: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> ...
[7 replies] Last: @Stoneynine - thanks (by trojan horse)
DESCENDING ORDER OF NUMBERS????? HELP????

Force the user to input 6 numbers, from 1 to 20. · Sort these numbers into descending sequence in some kind of loop structure · Create code that will el...
[3 replies] Last: This article helped me out a lot Maybe it'll help you too. http://w... (by Stoneynine)
Can anybody Fix MY Error ?

// Inheritance to create two new classes.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "Kind.h" #include "stdafx.h" #include "Car.h...
[2 replies] Last: You have lots of errors. for example: Cartemp.setKind(kind); You're... (by mutexe)
Program

Hello! I bought a C++ book and have started trying the example. Here is a code: #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<vector> #include<algori...
[6 replies] Last: Another solution would be cast n to double then assign it: double nAs... (by mutexe)
expression involving unsigned types

Write your question here. can someone explain me why this program yeld this result ? #include <iostream> int main() { int a = 10; unsigned int b =...
[4 replies] Last: if either operand is unsigned, the other shall be converted to unsign... (by tath)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.