Beginners - June 2014 (Page 19)

by Mikkiz
Need assistance with assignment(creating menus,Arrays)

Hi all, I have only studied C++ for 8weeks so I am still a very "new" beginner, I know only very basic C++codes such as float int and I have only learnt <stdio....
[4 replies] Last: Here's an example of a couple of menu functions. #include <stdio... (by AbstractionAnon)
Dev C++ Programming

Can anyone help me solve this problem?.I think you would use loop but I don't know to put it in as a code. Write a program that, given the initial shampoo volu...
[2 replies] Last: I think you have the formula wrong. Shouldn't it be C(new) = C(old)*(... (by dhayden)
by onlliw
Help with a programm

So i started recently and i need some explanation on this. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() {int N,I,SUM,NUM; float AVG; co...
[2 replies] Last: k understood .thx (by onlliw)
for concept

hi im having trouble understanding the for concept. this is the algorithm the teacher posted and this is the code I try to implement although im sure its not c...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ use code tags - you've... (by mutexe)
Program 10

Hello, I moved on with the exercises. Here is one tricky: Write a program that converts spelled-out numbers such as "zero" and "two" into digits, such as ...
[13 replies] Last: FYI, in your given code you can quit by sending an EOF signal , in a U... (by a k n)
Return this pointer vs Pointer to class?

What is the difference if i use the return this pointer and creating a pointer to class object? They both save some memory space. say i have a code like this ...
[13 replies] Last: FINALLY! After a day or two finding some answers. I finally understand... (by procastination)
by zionet
How to counting the most common element in a vector?

Whit STLs library vector???? Example Input 1,1,2,1,1,3,3,4,5 output 4 HELP...
[1 reply] : A simple solution would be to use std::count() on every element of t... (by Catfish666)
C++ VS 2010 express Error

I do not know what the problem is or how to fix it.I am working in Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express // hk.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console appl...
[1 reply] : Got VS service pack installed? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/108... (by mutexe)
c++ bullets

hey guys i am rather stupid with c++ so bare with me. i am a game developer learning c++. anyway back to the point. i am having issues creating bullets with ...
[no replies]
by mew
fixing multipe definition error caused by including .cpp

last night my friend send a code for me because he couldn't compile it.I checked the makefile and saw that he wasn't linked one of .o files.I fixed that.then I ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for reply firedraco i created a global_function.h just as you s... (by mew)
How to play sound with c++?

I'm curious about how to play sound in c++. The IDE I'm using are code::blocks and dev c++. Please help.
[2 replies] Last: As xismn pointed out, you could use OS specific function calls to do s... (by BHX)
endif ifndef - what for ?

I know they're processor commands and I read through the definitions but I still don't really understand their purpose? Is there anyone who can explain it in si...
[5 replies] Last: :O ! holy moly, thank you all so much! I really appreciate all of this... (by NookLines)
Sorting Arrays

I am trying to use a method other than the bubble sort to sort my data. I have looked on the Tutorials and Wikipedia, but I am still unsure how to implement it...
[1 reply] : I've updated the function a little. void YearD(string movies , int ... (by jynx678)
Help!

My teacher wants us to write a program that counts the number of letters (A-Z, a-z), numbers, and special characters in an input string. We are only allowed to...
[3 replies] Last: You are welcome, but make sure you take note of my changes as I edited... (by BHX)
by zionet
HELP. Find the Max duplicate string in a map

Find the Max duplicate string in a map? #include <iostream> #include <map> #include <utility> using namespace std; int main() { int i; ...
[no replies]
Randomizing

Hi, I am trying to code a concentration matching game and so far I have used srand() for randomizing numbers and I need to have 5 numbers each having a double o...
[7 replies] Last: Is this supposed to be in a console because I do not understand this p... (by admkrk)
Making a List For My Program

Basically, I have to make a list that shows a user's distance travelled every thirty minutes. The list will stop once the distance equals the user's input. I...
[8 replies] Last: An example: Dput, you're a saint. I'm going to try to put that code... (by octopussy)
static void function in a class

Hello, In the tutorial section titled "Inheritance" the last program declares a function in "class Output": class Output { public: static voi...
[4 replies] Last: You could have done Output::print( rec.area() ) It seems that the ex... (by ne555)
by Seag
Exc_Bad_Access

Hello, First of all, this place is great. With one exception, I have always been able to find information leading me to my answer by browsing through the for...
[7 replies] Last: std::rank() was added in the c++11 standard. wildblue is correct usin... (by norm b)
what the hell ?

c:mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../mingw32/lib/libmingw32.a(main.o): In function 'main': e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt...
[2 replies] Last: Do you have a main function declared anywhere? It's either that or you... (by firedraco)
June 2014 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 48
  Archived months: [may2014] [jul2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.