Beginners - July 2016 (Page 6)

Creating an array of string objects from a textfile

This has been making me really frustrated for the past week, but i'm completely stuck on this and cannot proceed anywhere. Can anyone help, please? I have no id...
[13 replies] Last: Great. Thank you so much AbstractionAnon! Cheers! (by LiBRiUMz)
Array

Hello, i planned on trying to make a small game where a character would move through out a 2d array. For whatever reason i cant get the array to print. Ive loo...
[15 replies] Last: why is it that i have to have the << ' ';? You want a space between ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need help with homework

Stuck on an assignment with this code. I keep getting the following errors. can someone please point me in the right direction. error C2236: unexpected 'cla...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Line 21, you have a semicolon; which is not the way classes work..... (by shadder)
abc order

Hello once again, I got first and second name working, but when i add third in if statement it just die on me. Am I not allow to add 2nd < in if? I tried othe...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks guy, it work ^ ^. I see now, it refuse to show up, because it h... (by soulworld05)
convert string with 2 decimals : "16.33"

Hello, i have this string with two decimal places: "16.33", but whether i use atof, stof or stold, i get 16.3 as a return. some ideas on how to get the 1...
[3 replies] Last: yeah this is what i was doing. but actually it works, value of my stri... (by ilovenoodles)
by cpxand
C++ driver's exam

What is the code to this? The local Driver's License Office has asked you to write a program which grades the written portion of their driver's license exams...
[1 reply] : What is the code to this? It's more of a trade secret than a code bu... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Issue with Arrays in Xcode

I have been using a textbook to learn a bit of C++. The below code is an exact copy of what the textbook says to code, but the program will not build. Arrays on...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help! All works perfectly now. (by alexrwilson)
by lnp657
How do I pass a pointer to a linked list and check to see if it's empty??

Hi! I'm new to coding and c++. Is it possible to pass a linked list to a function with a pointer? I created a struct for the list: struct List { cha...
[7 replies] Last: ... and the other side of the coin: don't treat a pro as a pro! ^^ ... (by closed account 48bpfSEw)
Reading from a text file to class objects (1,2)

Hello all, I have a question regarding my code. I would like to obtain information from a text file and assign that information into class objects. I will use...
[34 replies] Last: closed a/c + alphanumerals runs perfectly - oops code that is :)... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Integer conversion

Hi, so my question is this: when I run program I can't get digit_1 to be converted to a word. Why is that? The code is given below. In other words when I input...
[2 replies] Last: @MikeyBoy That's true. Thank you. (by aurimas13)
Integer conversion question

Hi I get two errors and don't know how to act around them. First error says integer.cpp:35:10: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar] c...
[8 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Graph

I want to implement BFS weighted graph by using adjacency matrix using vector. I do not know what should be the members for my class and where to create adja...
[no replies]
Linking static library error LNK1104: cannot open file 'array.lib'

I am trying to learn working with static libraries, but I am meeting this error error LNK1104: cannot open file 'array.lib' This is what I've done step by ste...
[5 replies] Last: Another way to link a static library to your program is #pragma comm... (by Thomas1965)
by llll
constructor error

Hi, I have 3 different cpp file running together but I am getting this error bookbuild.cpp:4:13: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion...
[1 reply] : you need to specify the data type you are passing to your constructor ... (by leryss22)
Expression must have a class type

So I have this simple header file and when I was creating sum of the functions to be contained in it. I have an error that repeats whenever I access the array ...
[7 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Associate file content to variable

There's a way to associate some .txt content with specific variables? Something like this: [in .txt file] 123 456 789 [in code] int a = 123, b = 456, c = 789;...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Arslan7041! It's the fastest way to do this. Thank you too, ... (by closed account 21vXjE8b)
Coins value

Hello again, I did some work on coins value. I got most working but last part at line 34 and 48. I realize i ran out of idea what to put in or how math work. I...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks fixed it, it worked. I gotta make new thread for new problem =/... (by soulworld05)
How to host c++ application online

Hello, I wrote a simple game in netbeans that I want to add to my website . the game accepts user input and saves/deletes/updates user data on a file. how...
[2 replies] Last: Java EE 6 Web Application Tutorial ( NetBeans + GlassFish 3 + JBA) htt... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Bubble Sort Problem

Can't quite figure out why I keep getting this ridiculous number. If somebody can help it would be greatly appreciated thanks. #include <stdlib.h> #inc...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry. Sometimes it takes people a few days to get to stuff. Line 26 ... (by Duthomhas)
SFML help

Hi, I was using graphics.h but this is too old they said and I want to learn SFML but having trouble with use this via codeblocks can someone help me? What sho...
[1 reply] : It depends on the compiler you are using. You probably have to compile... (by Yanson)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 45678... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.