Beginners - July 2016 (Page 27)

Starting to learn c++ today. I just started accelerated c++. Any advice prereqs? plus help on other books.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list on this site... in the beginners, I start with Accelerated C++. I then read al...
[3 replies] Last: You could say that you are a programmer when you are able to write a f... (by JLBorges)
string problem

hi! I don't know what's the problem with this code???? I can't see the result of my third test cases about cancatenation strings with + on screen the output is ...
[10 replies] Last: thank you all std::cin.ignore( std::numeric_limits<std::stream... (by miss1001)
by Laks17
How to download the data from the website automatically?

Hi, I want to download the data from a website daily. Is that possible to save the data automatically from the url by any script or code. https://www.hyderabad...
[3 replies] Last: First, read the html/javascript source and try to find an entry point ... (by a k n)
by FBHSIE
Slot machine help

A slot machine is a gambling device that the user inserts money into and then pulls a lever (or presses a button). The slot machine then displays a set of rando...
[7 replies] Last: nice code... :) just document it as everyone loves documentation (by shadder)
Can Singleton Classes be "truly indestructible"?

When I say truly indestructible, I'm referring to the class object not getting destroyed until the machine is turned off. Is this true? I read in a Stack Over...
[4 replies] Last: I believe you're misunderstanding how programs are developed. Basicall... (by Turbine)
by lamper
About inherited classes

Let's say we have a class B which is inherited from A. I want to use some functions of A and I want to redefine some functions of A in B. The question is, can ...
[3 replies] Last: Virtual functions are what you're looking for. They basically allow yo... (by Turbine)
First time using templates and multiple errors occurred

I am trying to incorporate templates into a library I am building. While doing this I was exposed to the following problems: -Undefined symbols for architectur...
[3 replies] Last: Don't forget that with templates both the declaration and the definiti... (by jlb)
by pmas98
Undefined reference

I don't know why it's getting "Undefined reference" in this code double calc_custo_de_agua(int consumo, const array<double,5> precos={2.79,3.61,3.92,6.71,...
[1 reply] : consumo_em_faixas() doesn't appear to be defined. (by NoXzema)
search through a file to find correct access number

Hey everyone, I am trying to write a program that will restrict access to unauthorized users. ive gone through my textbook several times and have scanned just ...
[4 replies] Last: I have made a few updates to the program based off of your recommendat... (by oracoin)
taking input into string array

i'm wondering why this isn't working, it keeps giving me a build error. Here is the code snippet with the error. i have tried cin and getline. #include <f...
[4 replies] Last: at what point does one use string arrays?? When you want arrays of s... (by jlb)
Issue with homework assignment.

I am supposed to use a txt file and print out the names in alphabetical order. Below is what I have put together so far, but I do not get any output. If someone...
[3 replies] Last: Thank for the input, but the issue is where I put the txt file. I did ... (by DCox2013)
by FBHSIE
Pseudocode for prime numbers (1,2,3)

This is just my pseudocode, but I'm having trouble with one portion. //module prototype Boolean isPrime(int number) main () [int number display we are goi...
[59 replies] Last: finally!!! :) (by shadder)
Mersenne Prime

I was doing challenges on codeeval.com,and this code runs perfectly on devc++ but when I submitted this code on site they show me error in results OUTPUT ....
[3 replies] Last: peter87 its the same challenge. can you correct my code used? progra... (by Root919)
Creating an array of functions?

I basically wanna create an array with functions for example I have: void draw0(){}; void draw1(){}; void draw2(){}; and I tried doing: typedef voi...
[11 replies] Last: Good to hear :) (by Naughty Albatross)
use external varaiable

hello everyone, I have defined external variable in hpp file (extern double average_cr=1;) and I have change this variable in cpp file. I would like to call t...
[2 replies] Last: Dear FurryGuy, thank you so much for your help. it works regards (by glitter)
Programs with GUIs

Hello all! I still consider myself a beginner in programming and so I assumed this question was best posted in the beginner's forum. Currently I am working t...
[4 replies] Last: A simple to use and modern C++ GUI library is Nana: http://nanapro.or... (by qPCR4vir)
freeing memory allocated in hierarchy of structs

If I dynamically allocate a struct (using operator new) and then allocate array of structs inside it, and in those struct allocate more structs creating a hiera...
[1 reply] : Do I need to keep track of each struct array that has been allocated ... (by jlb)
by sam80
Characters

Hello everyone, Could please anyone explain to me that why should I use '0' to cast in order get the correct character display? #include <iostream> usi...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by sam80)
trying to store a changing variable using str::size in a seperate variable

Back again, I'm trying to get the size of 'str' by the .size function. I have an int variable to store the results in. String str = "hello"; Int strchar; ...
[1 reply] : You have the assignment statement with the operands on the wrong side ... (by Chervil)
Beginner Excercise Feedback and Help

Hi everyone, I'm doing the beginner excercises found here. http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/N6vU7k9E/ I've got the first 3 done and id like some feedback on t...
[1 reply] : Hi, i'm having a lot of trouble displaying the array in descending o... (by shadder)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 252627282930
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.