Beginners - July 2016 (Page 19)

How to total the price from looping?

Hey guys how can I total the price from doing multiple loops? The total price is taken from the very last loop. I want to total the purchases together into one ...
[14 replies] Last: Hi, Sorry for the late reply, I was busy doing other things yesterday... (by TheIdeasMan)
Is it possible to set a range for input value?

Im extremely new to C++. I wrote this code that displays the menu for a restaurant, with the prices as well. The program will take in the quantity, the price, s...
[9 replies] Last: Well done, there's nothing worse than Incorrect user input causing a p... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Accessing data within my 2D Array

I am attempting to write a program in C++ that can be used by a movie theater to sell tickets for viewings. The program should create a seating chart for a mov...
[19 replies] Last: So am I (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Help Calculating # of Guesses and Making Program Run Again

Hello! I am almost finished with my program, I just need help with two last things. First, I don't know how to make it calculate the number of guesses the user...
[13 replies] Last: It says it cannot be done when in fact closed a/c has shown it can. T... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Dynamic memory allocation array (1,2)

Hey everyone I have a question thats ben bugging me for over a month now and I seem to be stuck on this chapter of my c++ book (alex allains jumping into c++) ...
[22 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Median of a vector struct

I'm trying to find each median of the two separate float variables in my struct #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> ...
[5 replies] Last: Good to hear :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Print single letter words from txt document

In my assignment I'm opening up a txt doc with thousands of words (some only 1 character), I want my program to print only those 1 character words. I thought i ...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=TheIdeasMan]Just a note for the future :+) There also shouldn'... (by Naughty Albatross)
Reading and Writing to a .txt file

So, I have been learning C++ for about a week or so in a camp. I started learning File I/O. The website the camp uses to teach us gave me a file (posted below) ...
[3 replies] Last: Does that help you? :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Passing structure array to a function?

I held off asking because it feels like something so fundamental that I should be able to find resources on google or youtube or any of the dozens of c++ tutori...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you! Seeing that made that much "click" in as far as I can recr... (by SaltLakeAtrocity)
C++ Function Help

I need this code to work with DoOneSet having only 3 arguments, basically this code needs to be simplified, would appreciate any and all help. Theres a way I ca...
[3 replies] Last: That's not how argument names work. As I said, Argument names are l... (by AbstractionAnon)
exception

hi everyone i have a problem with this code its run and show error text when i enter zero but if i again enter zero isnt work i want to write a code like th...
[1 reply] : i enter zero but if i again enter zero isnt work In your catch block... (by AbstractionAnon)
Bool While Loop

Hello, I am really struggling currently with a while loop using a bool variable. This snippet is part of a larger picture but I need to understand what I am do...
[1 reply] : If someone types the letters false at the command prompt, they have ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by jjfftt
LNK2019 & LNK1120

Hey guys, I have been working on this code for days now and I thought I finally got it all figured out but then I got these two errors when I went to build it....
[3 replies] Last: So where is the implementation of your GetMarkup() class method? You ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
functions with pointers

Hi guys I'm reading a c++ book at the moment and I noticed that in one of the examples the return type is a pointer now what really confuses me is why would you...
[3 replies] Last: Because I need an address in memory of the new array. This address can... (by skaa)
Music file Propeties in C++?

Hello there, im looking how to get music file propeties in C++, i searched on google but i didnt found a good way. (To write and read), i use CODE::BLOCKS 16.01...
[5 replies] Last: +MikeyBoy I didn't try how you writed there :), i searched with typo p... (by CosminPerRam)
by FBHSIE
Ideas for loop for rock paper scissors program?

Note: this isn't done yet. I have to put in my if-then statements. Though, that's unrelated to my question. I just wanted to make sure it was known. One of t...
[13 replies] Last: That fixed everything! Thanks for all your help! (by FBHSIE)
by FBHSIE
Tolower function not working?

I'm stuck on this one piece of code. void inputValidation(string &userInput) { do { if(userInput!="paper" && userInput !="rock" && user...
[15 replies] Last: I'm actually solving this in another thread which is why I checked it ... (by FBHSIE)
by sam80
Rvalue and Lvalue

hello everyone, could anyone please explain what is the difference implementation of the below codes? I got that Lvalue is defined any entities that you can ha...
[4 replies] Last: > will it be created in stack or heap? The C++ standard is only conce... (by JLBorges)
Settings in Codeblocks

I'm an absolute beginner, so bear with me. BTW, I'm running Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 and Codeblocks 16.1. Following the C++ tutorial, I try to build and run the...
[3 replies] Last: Did my solution work? (by ephraimr)
Bug with printing game

Can i speed up console cursor in any way? I have such Print and Deprint functions. the problem is on the screenshot. The way ship looks like: http://imgur.c...
[5 replies] Last: I can't see the screenshot. One link you provided is not accessible. T... (by Naughty Albatross)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.