Beginners - July 2016 (Page 17)

by stas76
about function

Hello, I have wrote such code Question is so when I declare const int NUM = 5; // it's ok but when const int NUM = 9; // I have got 1.565458e+455 what ...
[1 reply] : line 39 double num; Initialise your variables. (by ne555)
by MAhmed
little prob

every thing is working fine but below on if else statements. when i compile it shows error that "else" is miss placed tell me what mistake i did?? #include<...
[1 reply] : Line 23: You have a { with no closing } Your else clause is followin... (by AbstractionAnon)
by false
please respond :)

I really cant understand how I/O operator overloading works behind the scenes please some1 explain in detail what is really going on, why use return by referenc...
[7 replies] Last: how could i have been so stupid :)) ofc its for chaining :)) thanks al... (by false)
Roman Numeral Calculator

Hi, I'm working on a machine problem where I am to design a Roman Numeral calculator that inputs two Roman numbers and an arithmetic operator and prints out the...
[2 replies] Last: line 6: inFile is global. It needs to be inside main(). Lines 8-18:... (by AbstractionAnon)
Polynomial operators + - * =

Hi everyone I posted some questions last day and I got very useful helps. But unfortunately my questions are not finished. My Prof gave me the .h file and main...
[3 replies] Last: Please don't open a second thread for the same problem. http://www.cpl... (by AbstractionAnon)
by MAhmed
Calculation

i was making a software to calculate marks of students and their percentage and total marks but i think there is some problems in my code please correct them! ...
[1 reply] : Line 20: You're not including total in your calculation. (by AbstractionAnon)
c++ Number Analysis Arrays having issues

Hi, I am writing a code for class pulling a numbers file, sorting out the highest and lowest numbers, creating a sum of the numbers as well as an average. Ev...
[1 reply] : Line 14: numbers should not be global. Line 49,53,57,61: I would us... (by AbstractionAnon)
Pass object to constructor and work with the original

Hello, this is my first post. Please excuse the - maybe - confusing title. Learning c++ in my native language. Translation seems hard sometimes. I'm trying to...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks keskiverto. I guess i understood your explanation. The solution... (by cloonix)
Error

I suppose im overlooking something but i keep getting an error : expected '}' at end of input. Am i overseeing something that should be obvious? I checked and...
[10 replies] Last: Okay, I'll change it and see if anything changes, as of right now it s... (by YvngSavage)
I need libcurlcurl to download the right things!

So I have an example program which downloads webpage to a file. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/194073/ But it just downloads the source file, I want t...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you for all the help, Mr Thomas. I will check out the link. (by ephraimr)
How to create these two functions with their respective variables? (1,2)

Hey guys! How can I create a Dynamic Array of Account objects with different field values? Dynamic array is when the code use delete and new? And withdraw a...
[20 replies] Last: Having a setter function is nice too : double getBalance() { retur... (by Naughty Albatross)
another quick pointer question

hey people just have another quick pointer question when I assign a pointer to an array with the first line of code does this create a pointer to the size for t...
[5 replies] Last: You are welcome :) (by Naughty Albatross)
pointers question

hi guys just a quick question on pointers and trying to understand them in more depth so I create a pointer py then I create a pointer that points to a pinter ...
[2 replies] Last: *ppx=new int; simply means dereference ppx and allocate an int memor... (by Aceix)
by MAhmed
html and c++

i am totally new in c++ but i'm learning i wanna know what are the codes of bold text italic underline texts etc and image inserting codes in c++ just like html...
[2 replies] Last: You can certainly create HTML using C++. There are also graphics libr... (by Duthomhas)
multidimensional arrays

I'm just wondering about two dimensional arrays I'm on chapter 14 (Dynamic Memory Allocation) of Alex Allains book and we are learning about multidimensional ar...
[9 replies] Last: Heh, yeah. It's unusual for me to be the one pointing out the error in... (by Duthomhas)
by E13907
User Interface Help!!!!!

Hi i just started learning c++ and im trying to make a very basic user interface. im using if loops to let the user input data and be able to choose different ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks i fixed the "==" problem . im learning switch right now. (by E13907)
by MAhmed
loops

i saw my teacher she wrote some codes of loops and put the value "*" and it comes output as ** *** ***** ****** ******* ******** how can i do this???...
[3 replies] Last: You'll need a nested for loop. Outer loop controls the number of rows,... (by Arslan7041)
Processing text files sequentially

I am a beginner computer science student this summer and i have been having issues understanding what i am doing wrong. I wrote this to process the text in a fi...
[2 replies] Last: You can use perror to display a more informative error msg if the file... (by Thomas1965)
homework not sure what to do

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here but nothing is displaying... Assignment Objectives:  Continued practice in passing arguments to functions  Returni...
[8 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Help guys I need to be able to send my information for the age to the next function then back. I'm trying to input 3 names and a age in years and the month the...
[6 replies] Last: Learn more about functions : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/fu... (by Naughty Albatross)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.