Beginners - July 2016 (Page 13)

Pass by Reference from pass by value code

How would I turn this simple void code with one parameter into a pass by reference code (rather than pass by value)?? #include <iostream> using namespace ...
[9 replies] Last: Understanding passing by reference better now? And you are welcome. :... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Pancake Glutton almost finished.

Hello, I have almost completed the excercise Pancake Glutton, but i can't manage to figure out how to make the program output which person was the one who ate m...
[8 replies] Last: > No, that is just the nature of the Bubble sort's algorithm. No, the... (by Arslan7041)
IF and ELSE statements within a WHILE statement help?

Okay so I i'm just messing around with some code trying to learn on my own. Anyways, I'm trying to do like a mock password thing just using strings and integ...
[7 replies] Last: Good to hear :) (by Naughty Albatross)
tolower not working

I am having a user input his selection from a menu. In order to prevent confusion when the user inputs a lower or uppercase char I am converting the input by us...
[2 replies] Last: Does that help you? :) (by Naughty Albatross)
srand

Hi everyone , so I'm new to C++ and i wrote a little code , I defined a function witch randomize some variables between two numbers everytime I call it , but ev...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/faq/beginners/random-numbers/ (by Duthomhas)
2 Player Hangman code

Need help for Hangman Game 2player mode codes. Where the 1st player needs to type the word and the 2nd player need to guess it.. Im a beginner
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/194536/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Encryption Problem

I'm working on a machine problem that allows me to encrypt and decrypt messages using an array as the key. I have the first part of the problem done which reads...
[no replies]
Static Cast on Initialization

I'm brand new to C++(my only real programming experience is PL/SQL) and have been working through an older C++ book titled Object-Oriented Programming in C++ ....
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Thomas1965, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm not ... (by docbrown)
by Kbott
Can arrays return vectors?

What does it mean to have function that takes as parameters an array of int and the size of the array, and returns a vector? are there good examples anyone know...
[1 reply] : The prototype of a function could look like this. std::vector<int> g... (by Thomas1965)
how do i convert string to char

I am trying to take a word and only use the first letter, and then after the letter is converted i have another input inquire, but the compiler skips it. my edu...
[9 replies] Last: Yeah, sorry I didn't pay attention to the thing that Thomas1965 said, ... (by Sylvagon)
Flow control with structs

Hey. I'm having trouble with if else statements and using structs as the condition. Why does it not register the if statement with the comment blocks #inc...
[6 replies] Last: Ah Ok I got it. Thanks a lot. (by sirconfusedalot)
box office theatre program...lost

Task A: Write a function that has ONE parameter. At Pinocchio’s Marionette Theater, ticket prices are $5.00 for kids 12 and under, $5.00 for seniors 62 and...
[no replies]
Need help with function

My Sign function is not displaying correctly. Could use all the help I can get. //Ask the user to enter a number. //Then tell the user whether the number is...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/194517/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
favorite game

what is your favorite game in the free time? I like this game Capsa Sunsu. I download it from Choilieng: http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.MangoSoft.Susun.apk
[no replies]
Returning a sum, while not counting repeating values?

I am trying to add 3 values and return the sum, not counting any repeating values. I am trying to get it to look like this for example, it's hard to explain: lo...
[5 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
by mrsh
Call matrix to fix into eigen matrix

I am computing eigenvalue and eigenvector for large matrix, then I found Eigen to solve the problem, however , my matrix is MX ,how can i call my matrix into E...
[no replies]
Sorting and Displaying Array Project

The assignment instructions were: Design a program that will input numeric data type double into an array. Do this function by designing a function called inp...
[4 replies] Last: ==> for (int i = 0; i < arraySize; ++i) { for (int j = 0; j <... (by TheIdeasMan)
Getting A Compiler To Work

As I get to the point in my education where tutorialspoint cannot do what my programs need to do, and the projects are long enough where a dozen hours a week in...
[18 replies] Last: nested about four folders deeper than where I'd ideally like to acces... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Class creation not working

I am required to create a Class named Employee which has 3 separate constructors. 1 takes in 5 arguments and assigns attributes to the appropriate data members...
[6 replies] Last: As far as I know you always need some kind of scope resolution, be it ... (by edge6768)
How would I use a function to return a random number? (1,2,3)

I just learned how to make random numbers with the code below. I also just learned about functions. How would I use a function to return a random number between...
[53 replies] Last: I wonder if his instructor will give him a 10 for this... (by Naughty Albatross)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.