Beginners - July 2016 (Page 11)

How to use the If Statement this way?

Write your question here. I'm new to programming because I want to make a game myself. I was doing the "hello world!" beginner exercise, it the turned to a pro...
[15 replies] Last: I noticed you were using <ctime>. Worth a look is the C++ <chrono> li... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Roman Numeral Calculator

I'm working on a Roman Numeral Calculator machine problem, but I'm so lost. Here's the full directions: You are to design and implement a Roman numeral cal...
[11 replies] Last: I suspect the reason is you are using eof() as the test for reading in... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
What does clearing of input buffer mean?

I was going through a code in my school textbook, wherein there is a line who's function is to clear the input buffer (mentioned as a comment in the code). I c...
[2 replies] Last: So this means I can remove the fin.get(ch); at line no. 29, because ... (by prakhar1)
by aziz1
overloading

[1 reply] : http://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/96-overloading-the-comparison-ope... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
What exactly are pointers?

I'm familiar with the concept of variables, and objects which store a specified type of data (or class). But what is a pointer? I need someone to perhaps break ...
[3 replies] Last: Well, that didn't really answer my questions, perhaps C++ is a languag... (by closed account 1AkEwA7f)
Logical question

Hi, As you guys know I was trying to improve my logic and problem solving through programming and so I decided to take on Olympiad challenges for Informatics...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int card... (by Too Explosive)
my first IF statment

Hello, im working on 3 chapter of programming book. It tell me to test myself by see if i can have myself asking which sex my friend is. However the book didnt ...
[6 replies] Last: age is number as in int. Will i need to conversion? No, you will not... (by AbstractionAnon)
recursion question

hi guys I just wrote a snippet of code that uses recursion but I don't actually understand what it does the main thing I don't understand is why it prints hello...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks furry I'll check it out =) (by adam2016)
by CMOM
Error Identification Help

I have been given an assignment for my introduction computer science class. And I have written the code, however I am getting an error for the implementation fi...
[1 reply] : Hmmmm, my crystal ball is on the fritz. We can't help you without sho... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Using a function and a loop to make a Fibonacci sequence (1,2)

I have some code where I want to print as many numbers in the Fibonacci sequence as defined by "totalNumbers". I cannot get it to compile though, it has numerou...
[20 replies] Last: The only real sticking point about long long is it was added with C+... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Hey! Tips or Criticism?

Hello! I've been learning C++ for about 3 days now, and I was wondering if you guys had any tips on condensing this, or if you had any criticism on the way I co...
[6 replies] Last: Why is using namespace std; not advisable? Here's a good explanation... (by AbstractionAnon)
by roots
Cannot simply read from file

I copied some code straight out of the book and cannot read from a file. gradfile.txt is made, placed in the project directory, and has: 100 200 300 any i...
[15 replies] Last: I will try this when I get home, but this does make a bit more sense. (by roots)
max long integer not printing? (1,2)

I was doing the third exercise of Project Euler, and I don't know what went wrong? Could someone point out the error in my code? #include <iostream> #i...
[27 replies] Last: @closed+many postnominals Works on mine. But that doesn't help you ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
counting punctuation in a phrase???

I wrote a code how to count uppercase letter, lowercase letters, numbers, spaces, but cant figure out punctuation...any ideas... #include <iostream> #i...
[4 replies] Last: > Yeah that works too. Does that mean your problem is solved now? :) (by Naughty Albatross)
array of structs declaration and output problem

My program needs to have a declared struct called DayOfWeek that holds the variables dayName(string) and rainAmount(double) I've done that part and now the prom...
[17 replies] Last: Good to hear :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Am I able to call the main function in shared library without executable on Linux?

This may be obvious to many but I a using a new framework that has a .so file and it is used by an executable. However, I would like to call it using the JNI, J...
[2 replies] Last: The answer is "yes" but the mechanics of how to do that via JNI is a J... (by PanGalactic)
Doubly linked list implementation

I have been trying to implement a barebones version of a doubly linked list(which supports only insert and printing all nodes in it).However upon executing the ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick reply.Followed the flaws you pointed out and got ... (by khansubhan95)
Linked list program crashes

Hey guys I'm following an example in Alex Allains jumping into c++ book and while the program does exactly what I want it to do in terms of printing out all the...
[5 replies] Last: thanks guys and thanks for the explanation on why it crashed much appr... (by adam2016)
Won't build program and unexpectedly quit

I am using Visual Studio Community 2015, and I am working on a team project to make a text RPG. The problem is when I try to build the program, it says: ==...
[6 replies] Last: When in doubt, always rebuild. Sometimes errors that creep in from ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
July 2016 Pages: 1... 910111213... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.