Beginners - July 2016 (Page 10)

Temperature calculation is getting weird result

Hey guys, I want to know what I did wrong for my Fahrenheit to Celsius function to calculate the wrong answer. Example: If I input 0 degrees for Fahrenheit it r...
[8 replies] Last: > So generally, when using double and using mathematical calculations,... (by Naughty Albatross)
map won't print output

Hi my iterator for my map won't actually print the output for some reason,any idea how to fix this and why it won't print? thanks #include <iostream>...
[6 replies] Last: thanks that solved it line 13: At the time you're setting mitr here,... (by adam2016)
How do you stop vectors from getting run time errors while using an index?

I know you can do it with an iterator loop, but in this case I need to use an index loop, as as far as I'm aware you can't do '*iterator == *iterator + 1' Ho...
[3 replies] Last: If you are going so far as to correct his spelling, why not just assig... (by PanGalactic)
using operators in class

The goal is to create a class operator that will compare the values of different birth dates. "Overload operator > that takes a Birthdate, compares against the ...
[5 replies] Last: A better way to read the file is while(inFile >> month >> day >> year... (by MZH)
pointer to pointer?

hey guys,I understand what a pointer to pointer is a pointer to a pointer is a pointer that stores another pointer which in turn stores a variable but what has ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the reply,that makes a lot of sense now =) (by adam2016)
<< operator not recognized

I finally tracked down a bug that seems to be messing with the definition of a string. What in the following code is wrong? It will not compile or run, and the ...
[2 replies] Last: Wow. I've been staring at this for an hour and missed that. Thanks! (by NimalaMaethorn)
by GonlyG
Blank output explanation?

I have to generate a specific prime but I'm getting blank outputs. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int inputs, n; long in...
[10 replies] Last: Oh don't worry I managed it using sqrt because there's a proven theore... (by GonlyG)
typing end to return(0)

Hi again, working on exercises 4. I have finished the assigned but I'm trying to add new line. I tried to add if(end it would end the program. But I cant figure...
[1 reply] : Line 36: You're comparing a string to itself. Line 15: You can't t... (by AbstractionAnon)
Drill on chapter, proof*

Hello, Thank for the help in past. I have completed the drill/test from the book. It work beautiful on executed. But I would like for you guys to tell me if the...
[1 reply] : Lines 12,24,67,70: You have extraneous pairs of {}. They do no harm, ... (by AbstractionAnon)
visual studio 2012 error

Hi there! 1-I'm faced with this error when I used cin and cout instructions what should I do?? Error 1 error C2065: 'cin' : undeclared identifier c:\use...
[5 replies] Last: :) (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
help

Write your question here.can anyone corrert my program it has 37 errors :( #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctype.h> #include "conio.h" ...
[8 replies] Last: Line 29: main must return type int. Lines 33-41: Don't use ;}; to ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Creating random coordinates (1,2)

Hello everyone, I am very new to c++. And, I need to create random cordinates. I need to have my coordinate must lie with in -1<x<1 and -1<y<1. Can anyone pl...
[24 replies] Last: Hello everyone, I am very new to c++. And, I need to create random c... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
File cannot be opened

Write a program that reads students’ names followed by theirtest scores. The program should output each students’ namefollowed by the test scores and releva...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks a lot guys, finally got it. Appreciate it (by kakrot97)
Instantiation and constructors in c++ (1,2)

I'm trying to learn about constructors and instance of class etc and am having a few issues. So i have 3 class: Date, Time and Show. Essentially what I want ...
[23 replies] Last: Cool. Thanks! (by ash54546)
how to outout 0

hi i am having trouble having 0 loop at the beginning if i type in 01234 it will just output -1-22-333-4444 but when i type in 1023 it will show 1-0-22-333 corr...
[6 replies] Last: He can't use array.size() , that is a C++11 container construct he ca... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
2D Array Grid

I have to create a 2D array grid, and I'm just wondering exactly how it will look in the end. Will it just be numbers listed out like this?: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
[4 replies] Last: Does that help you? :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Preparing for test

And one more practice I am having issues with. Problem - allow users to enter any quantity of numbers until a negative is entered. Then display the highest and...
[3 replies] Last: (Does that help you?) :) Edit : It seems that I just have a troubleso... (by Naughty Albatross)
by FBHSIE
Tic tac toe confusion (1,2,3,...,10,11,12,13)

http://prntscr.com/bu582c This is one of the program's we have to do for homework, but I'm completely lost on how to do this (I do know how to implement array'...
[241 replies] Last: So your problem is solved now? Glad it helped :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Visual Studio

I would like to delete a Visual Studio file; I am in the control panel; when I click on the file the option becomes change, but uninstall is not an option; what...
[2 replies] Last: Have you tried just moving it to the recycle bin? (by Too Explosive)
Classwork Help

Issue resolved. Please disregard
[no replies]
July 2016 Pages: 1... 89101112... 30
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.