Beginners - July 2015 (Page 9)

my char doesnt change to what i want

Im trying to make a hexadecimal to decimal converter as a test for myself, it all works well until i try assign a number to it, when i do it turns into a smiley...
[2 replies] Last: OHHH thank you makes sense (by Deadlines)
by bobpit
'null' was not declared in this scope.

Hello I am getting an error at line 6: 'null' was not declared in this scope. I have read this and still cannot fix it: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/ge...
[4 replies] Last: You mean replace NULL with nullptr? yes the nullptr keyword is mean... (by Yanson)
template sort function not working for double and char

I'm trying to create a template function that sorts elements of a vector by their natural order from least to greatest. Int and string appear to sort correctly ...
[2 replies] Last: It's for an exercise in Allain's Jumping into C++. I added: vC =... (by curious noob)
by RawCpp
What are these errors?

I am a very beginner at C++ and have been working by myself. I have been struggling several of times since there's no one around to help me learn the basics. My...
[4 replies] Last: It means that you have not terminated(ended) the line before return st... (by error 404)
Should I learn C++ ?

I am a 14 year old and I have just started learning C++. I do not live in a good society. I am constantly forced to stop learning these things and just focus on...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you guys for your support and motivation. (by Unknown73)
by fguy
Vectors and out_of_range exception

Greetings The book I am reading gives me the impression that because vectors keep track of their own size, the subscript operation ( ) will throw an exceptio...
[8 replies] Last: OK I see what you mean. I can't say I agree with the use of Stroustru... (by fguy)
Why doesn't my program work?

Hi guys. I was trying to make a function that reverses an array. First I wrote a for loop that reverses the array and it works. But after I put that for loop...
[5 replies] Last: I was looking for a way to use the array without the function knowing... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by RumziB
Unique Solution for storing objects with strings in files?

I have a class Book which contains strings and integer. I tried to write the whole object to a file and read it again but it didnt work because when strings are...
[2 replies] Last: PS Regarding So I tried different solutions provided on the net like... (by andywestken)
by i1yas
How can i get input from user in array

How can i get input from user which is his name?by default i used string copy function with my name Danish Ilyas.but i want user Enter his name from keyboard.. ...
[2 replies] Last: i know these settings comes from editor setting.every new source code ... (by i1yas)
help with a small bit of code

Not really sure what the problem is here, can someone help me out? if (GetAsyncKeyState('T')) { float fNewYaw = memory.read<float>(LocalPlayerAddress ...
[2 replies] Last: I just googled the first line of his code and it came up with what app... (by Josephreak)
information stacking together creating a text file.

hi when i try to run the loop it should create a new line but it doesn't. help!! input >> 1 test 55.32 2 test2 99.99 3 test3 88 ...
[2 replies] Last: wait what.. my notepad is broken! if i copy all from the bloody thing ... (by kavinda weerachandra)
While loop inside a for loop problem

Hi so this program is supposed to read from a txt file three quantities for 10 customers. It is supposed to add the price of these goods (a random amount for ea...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks I got it, output is crooked in some spots though and I don't kn... (by zou bisou)
what am i doing wrong?

what am i doing wrong? this program needs to output what ever the number is bigger and depends on the data type #include <iostream> using namesp...
[5 replies] Last: thanks keskiverto, i will try my best to understand what the compiler ... (by kavinda weerachandra)
My program slows down after a while :(

Im making something to help my work out, and since I wasnt sure how to clear certain parts of the console easily I just rewrote it with spaces. after clicking o...
[5 replies] Last: Kevin I used the modified code that you gave me and modified my additi... (by Oceanspud)
Error Zero sized array and more. Dealing with classes.

Keep getting an error saying I have zero sized array but I have a constructor creating an array of 50. Also getting an error that says: deletion of an array exp...
[4 replies] Last: 10-4 (by Aim4Erudite)
Help with sorting a dynamic array by structure variables

Hi, I'm working through the book "Jumping into C++" and I'm having issues with this practice problem in the chapter about dynamically creating arrays. I've seen...
[2 replies] Last: Ah! Thank you, I can't believe I didn't notice that (by Daymare)
Can't even begin coding...

Okay, I just started out attempting to learn C++ and cannot even use Code::blocks properly. I create a new console application, set the path etc and then once i...
[4 replies] Last: Haha, I'm an idiot. Thank you. (by InnominateHF)
Files

I have been trying to get this part of my code to work for over an hour. The program is supposed to get a sentence from the user, and write it to the file "meet...
[7 replies] Last: It works for me,and i cannot see any bugs there,well sometimes IDE goe... (by SuperCrusader)
Composition error

hi i get this error ppl.cpp:7:1: error: prototype for 'ppl::ppl()' does not match any in class 'ppl' //main.cpp #include "ppl.h" #include "bday.h" #i...
[2 replies] Last: omg.. thanks peter. i am such a noob. thanks..(probably should go to s... (by kavinda weerachandra)
by RokSav
Formatting numbers into a grid

Hi, I've a grid of 20 by 20 2-digit numbers that are separated by spaces. I am wondering how to convert these to a two-dimensional array to work with as a matr...
[6 replies] Last: You can even use sed on Windows! I always assume that people who ask... (by kevinkjt2000)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 7891011... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.