Beginners - July 2015 (Page 5)

Help with passing input file by reference!

So Everytime I run the program it prompts me for the path to the file and I input it, but it never goes into the function fillQuestionsArray. I've been trying f...
[1 reply] : 9:26: warning: unused parameter ‘input’ [-Wunused-parameter] voi... (by ne555)
Error when using function - pointers

I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I've been working on this for a while and nothing's coming to mind right now, but when I try to run the program, there is an e...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/ (Declaring functions)... (by ne555)
"Type crar not a const"

Can you help fix this? // Simple math script to help me get use // to using funcltions! #include <cstdlib> #include <cstdio> #include <iostream> using nam...
[4 replies] Last: fixed! // Simple math script to help me get use // to using funclti... (by FireCoder)
Problem with a game (Class project)

This is my first time posting here, so I'm not really sure if this is the right section for this, but... I've run into a bit of a problem with a function for...
[no replies]
Assignment help, new to C++, is to use a base class, derived classes, overridden functions, and polymorphism.

The purpose of this code is to use a base class, derived classes, overridden functions, and polymorphism. Modify this code for each member function given for ea...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ (by CodeWriter)
by leourb
istream Operator>> - Implement getline()

Hi everyone! I am doing an exercise on my book and I wish to implement getline() function in my custom operator >>. My definition is: istream& opera...
[2 replies] Last: It was what I meant! Thanks! :) (by leourb)
Output hello world

Hello world
[1 reply] : If you're going to post code, please learn to use code tags: It makes... (by AbstractionAnon)
exceptions (throw and catch)

this code : #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Class { public: string msg; Class(string txt):msg(txt){cout<<"Object [" << m...
[4 replies] Last: I suspect that Microsoft's C++ implementation might be a bit "nonstand... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
H

Nshvwvs
[2 replies] Last: Please, use code tags when posting code and keep the indentation consi... (by keskiverto)
Extract fields from a character array in c++?

Suppose if I have a character array in the following format 2|310456|Acton Golden|Advertising|P3|Hyderabad i.e char text ="2|65412|Harry Wilkins|Develope...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/faq/sequences/strings/split/ In particular, ... (by Duthomhas)
Small game problem

I'm having trouble with the syntax of converting each map to the variable used in my later code for the actual game to be played on. Any help is appreciated. ...
[2 replies] Last: This is how you define a pointer to a 2d array: char (*Map) ; ... (by coder777)
Hello world help

The hello world
[1 reply] : That's kind of a funny way of looking at it. Consider it like this: a... (by Duthomhas)
Would need help for array project !

Hey guys ! I would love to get some help for my following project , i am stuck on how do i go about displaying the amount of days with no rain, meaning days wit...
[no replies]
Finding highest data in an array

Hey guys, i would need help in one of my array programs , i am supposed to program a rainfall viewer program. The rainfall data is the amount of rainfall from J...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you all for the help ! Sorry the late reply , been busy with sch... (by Frostehh)
by Lazlo
Heloo

can not build an object of type person unless you give your name, surname and age when built .
[1 reply] : obiect does not exist. Persoana obiect ; // creates an array of 3 i... (by CodeWriter)
Trying to make an advanced calculator for a class project.

Trying to make an advanced calculator for a class project. instructions are: o Instead of using the variables: num1 and num2 create an array variable named Nu...
[4 replies] Last: this worked. I saw where I was off in thought and got it. Thanks guys.... (by ironsoldier71)
Assignment Overloading

Can some one help with this assignment, new to C++ AND NEED to improve my code below to overload the addition operator, the is equal to operator, the equal to o...
[1 reply] : So here is an example of me overloading a "bucket" class for ==, + and... (by Bdanielz)
by NTesla
Infinite loop and counter issues

Displaying positives numbers between 10 and 20, How do I stay in the loop? //Is Number between 10 and 20 cout << "\n\n\n\n\n\n\n"; cout << "\n" << ...
[1 reply] : First why do you have so many new line characters? Also please put yo... (by Aim4Erudite)
by Ned757
I understand the Repeated Word Detection program alot better but just one thing...

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { string current; string previous = "0"; while (cin>>current){ // I enter "ba...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you :D (by Ned757)
by mnirjc
Can't figure out how to add an exit prompt

Alright so I've complete my program for a CS 161 Assignment, but for the life of me I can not figure out how to add an exit prompt with out it interfering with ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> bool done=false; void ExitOr... (by Homberto)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 34567... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.