Beginners - July 2015 (Page 24)

Find factors and check if prime.

Program not working, any ideas. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> #include <cmath> #include <vector> using namespace std; ...
[4 replies] Last: Need help with the program. (by quarter33)
Selection sort for 2-Dimensional array

Hi,How to implement selection sort in 2-dimensional array? I can only do it in 1-dimensional array.
[5 replies] Last: Sorting 2d array: - in columns - in rows - in diaganols starting arr... (by andywestken)
by eons93
need a quick pointer.

I'm trying to teach myself c++ and am a little shaky on how functions work. I made this block of code to experiment what the "()" part of the functionName (); i...
[5 replies] Last: sorry, this code was probably really confusing as far as purpose wise.... (by eons93)
Salesperson's commission

So this is due tonight, but I could still use insight on how to make it better in the future. The code's purpose is to calculate and display each salesperson's...
[8 replies] Last: Yes, thats it. But I don't know if the object of the lesson is functio... (by shawnlau)
by tcanna
Barometric Pressure Problem

You are working on a project that requires climate data for a location. The maximum daily change in barometric pressure is one aspect of the climate that your...
[17 replies] Last: Just because something works doesn't mean the logic is right you need ... (by CodeWriter)
Making .docs with c++, suitable for beginner?

Dear programmers, Earlyer this week i started doing c++, and i havent done enything else since then. After some practice assignments from xoax.net i decided t...
[1 reply] : Parsing a .doc file is probably a big pain, regardless of how well you... (by Ganado)
Linked Lists - Same Loop Mechanism, One loops indefinitely

This is essentially a two in one question: 1. How can I view dynamically created memory? All elements of the linked list won't and do not show up in the 'wat...
[8 replies] Last: I recommend that you remove the previous_myList member. In other words... (by dhayden)
Decryption program not working properly

Hey, I have a program that needs to decrypt things with the following cipher: '!' ­> 'a' '^' ­> 'b' '&' ­> 'c' '*' ­> 'd' '@' ­> 'e' '(' ­> 'f' ')'...
[3 replies] Last: ...or a table: http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/c8fa4c0a23985205 (by MiiNiPaa)
need help with some directory paths

I did ask this on stack overflow but I cussed them out cause I hate that place. Anyway here's my question I posted there and I rather have people here on cpl...
[10 replies] Last: This question was asked: s there a platform-agnostic and filesystem-a... (by jsonlickliter)
Seeking help

Gdasghfsgjgdsdd
[1 reply] : [quote=a7med92]without a worked solution Please post your current cod... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
error: ld returned 1 exit status

Resolved compile log: Untitled9.cpp:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to `selectionSort(int*, int)' collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
[1 reply] : You declare selectionSort() but do not define it anywhere. It needs ... (by Zhuge)
Calling into the main function

I'm stuck, I've been trying to call these into the main(); and I've tried several different things, but nothing is going right. Please help me. #include<i...
[5 replies] Last: @Zhuge you are a lifesaver!!Thank you So Much (by imsonotyou)
by Kernul
Checking elements and positions. Vectors

The exercise is this: Assign two vectors of integers with the same length. Verify that for each couple V1i and V2j (with V1i belonging to the first vector and ...
[2 replies] Last: That's how the professor wants it to be coded. (by Kernul)
Problem with hash tables

I have problem with this code down here. Basically, when I hash a list, the members of the said hash table do not show when I try to print them, as if the list ...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, sorry. I tried already that. Here is the thing: without the menu... (by windmilltaker20)
Find multiple occurrences of a word in a vector of string

Hello everyone, i'm trying to find (as the title says) multiple occurrences od a word in a vector of string. Now i can find a single word in the vector as...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> std::vector<... (by JLBorges)
Reading From Files

!!!!
[2 replies] Last: If you have two sorted sequences it is job for merge : https://en.wik... (by MiiNiPaa)
by T98
I don't get the const Pointer

I've written following code: int c = 5; int const * const d = &c; c +=1; cout << *d; //here the Output is 6 (why?) cout << c; //here the Output is 6 - Which...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot. I think I got the point of using pointer and const. (by T98)
by berkxz
while problem. please help

When i input 4, 2x the program exits, what is the problem? The program should exit only after i input 5. ‪#‎include‬ <iostream> using namespace s...
[3 replies] Last: The problem is caused by line 12 because it incrementing the value of ... (by Aminu Bishir)
Heloo

The program does not go I need 2 files should be taken from argv #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[5 replies] Last: Does anything get printed out? Can you actually step through the code?... (by mutexe)
Quick help with descending order

Hello, so i need quick help with putting stuff in order. i have a text file: 6 v k 250 m k 280 v p 240 m p 290 v s 63 m s 45 i need to to make this...
[1 reply] : n+1 that's to far, only go to n didn't look at the algorithm, just at... (by Gamer2015)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.