Beginners - July 2015 (Page 23)

by Filorn
important question

I'm a student and i just studied the malloc, realloc, free, memset functions but i didn't understand WHY I SHOULD USE THEM!!! Since now i didn't use them and p...
[1 reply] : You do not have to use them if you do not need to. It is just a tool... (by MiiNiPaa)
by h4ever
fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:ICON, name:1

I cannot find why I cannot load icon. CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:ICON, name:1, language:0x0409 LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failu...
[1 reply] : I solved the problem. I had two rc files including icons. I have tak... (by h4ever)
Discrete distribution

Hello, I am trying to implement the example found here: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/random/discrete_distribution/ // discrete_distribution ...
[8 replies] Last: This worked. Thank you very much! (by vadkortefa)
Using MessagePack in my code to pass data

Hello ! I have data that is being passed constantly between the client and the server. xml is too big for me so I looked around and found "Message Pack". bu...
[1 reply] : The usual way is type/length. One byte for the type, one byte for the ... (by coder777)
Parallel One-Dimensional Arrays

Alright, so I'm having trouble with another program. According to the problem, I need to create a program that will display three columns, each displaying the m...
[7 replies] Last: Yep -- so much more readable! I was going to mention that you if-else... (by andywestken)
help

I read two txt files in response argv and put it in outstream and in output txt is nothing help and must be in order ex lini1 line2 line3 etc not this in with...
[8 replies] Last: I believe I just posted code to do that. (by MiiNiPaa)
Unresolved overloaded function type?

I was trying to define a function that will calculate the range of numbers in an array. and I got "27:28: error: invalid operands of types '<unresolved overloa...
[4 replies] Last: I think it's working now! Thank you! #include <iostream> #include <c... (by cathy1994515)
Problem with 'list'-iterator in function

Why did I get a segmentation fault? struct platz { int id; string name; }; list<platz> P; // P ist die globale Variable für die Orte typedef list<...
[4 replies] Last: *Ah* finally I got the right place, thx kjr (by ccslave)
by JanoOr
How to pass a static member function to another class?

Hey, I want to pass a static member funcion to a function pointer in another class. To check the passing of the function, we set sysfctinb in B to NULL. As...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. Works perfectly fine. There was another issue with a virtual f... (by JanoOr)
Histogram Problem

How to display a histogram of a generated matrix if the program asks the user to enter any character (symbol) E.g. #,*,&.... and then displays this charecter ...
[3 replies] Last: thank you very much (by moonlight12)
by h4ever
error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'HWND *' to 'HWND'

I am trying to create 2D array of handles HWND * handles = new HWND* ; for(int i = 0; i < count; ++i) handles = new HWND ; I have error: error...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by h4ever)
by Filorn
array error

at the line 7: array bound is not an integer constant before '[' token #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string.h> char risp ,risp1 ,risp2 ,ri...
[2 replies] Last: Have you got into the habit of non-const sized arrays from using the G... (by andywestken)
by eons93
Combat simulator game problem.

okay forums, i need your help once again. I have a few snippets of codes, one is a function to access the speed of a player. Player.cpp void Player::init(i...
[3 replies] Last: and comparing them You need to use == , not just a single = ... (by mutexe)
by h4ever
operator or loop problem?

VS tells me this error: Error 2 error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before ';' #define idEM001 5001; #define idEM121 5121; int i; for ( i = idEM...
[10 replies] Last: There are double * * is not a type qualifier. Those are const/volati... (by MiiNiPaa)
by h4ever
Is HPROPSHEETPAGE needed for controls?

When I want to create, hide or show controls or to work with them, do I need to specify on which page they are placed or do I use HWND or the Dialog Window whic...
[no replies]
Assigning key to txt file in console randomly, and checking the txt file after editing.

This line give error, any alternative for this??? "myfile.open(filename,ios::out |ios::app);" work fine in "isoc++11" but didn't work without it. #include <io...
[1 reply] : Before C++11, file streams can't be opened with std::string filenames.... (by Zhuge)
im still lost with this question

how do i go about this question in regards to for and while loops? the user to enter two numbers and the operation to be performed , and then we display th...
[8 replies] Last: :) (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Why can't I print my getter to the screen?

I have highlighted below in a comment where I am receiving my error. For some reason I cannot print my getter to the screen. #include <iostream> #includ...
[1 reply] : That function returns a vector object. So you are trying to print a ve... (by Cody0023)
Question about why cin >> works but not getline

Puzzling section: while( 1 ) { //cin.ignore(); //getline( cin, tabData, '\n' ); cin >> tabData; if( tabData == "0" ){ br...
[2 replies] Last: After removing it, the break works. Thanks (by curious noob)
how do i go about this

how do i go about this question in regards to for and while loops? the user to enter two numbers and the operation to be performed , and then we display th...
[10 replies] Last: And you have unused variables up there, but thats not fatal. See if yo... (by shawnlau)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.