Beginners - July 2015 (Page 20)

by drxxl
First defined here error

Im trying to learn some C++ but I get a error at line 8 saying first defined here. I cant find out whats wrong /*datatypes.cpp 12. jul. 2015 Drxxl */ #includ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh ok thank you! (by drxxl)
Catching Input Exceptions

Hello! I am trying to write a program to receive from the user an acceptable input. So if the user inputs, say, a string, then I put her in a loop and until she...
[no replies]
by Filorn
ordering algorithm

I'm writing an ordering algorithm for a defined 10-elements array but it doesn't work. The array is always the same. #include<stdio.h> int v ={5,4,2,6,...
[9 replies] Last: :-) (by johnny cash)
Multithread problems

Hello, I'm looking for a code that starting 2 process in the same moment when I run my exe file. I tried to test this code: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...
[4 replies] Last: I solved, I add another thread with main content, woks fine now! Th... (by generatioZero)
Penny Doubling Assignment

I have to write a penny doubling assignment for a beginner C++ course. Here is what I have so far: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { i...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::cin; using std::endl;... (by CodeWriter)
converting string to int using a switch statement

Hello everyone, I am having a hard time figuring out why I can't convert a string to an int using a switch statement. Here is my code: //***********...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for clearing that up (by jpanther)
Help with looping

I am working in a C++ intro course. My professor has asked me to create a program that will allow the user to input any number of rabbit weights in pounds into ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you, your example was perfect. I was able to plug what I was mis... (by DanteWylde)
Plinko Problem - Winnings printing as 0

So I'm working on a Plink game program for a class and it's to practice our use of functions. We need a separate function for rewards, single chip drop, and mul...
[4 replies] Last: exactly right, well done. :O) (by Duthomhas)
field is inaccessible

Hello, I need help to read the compilation error below: =============================================== [100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/step-22.dir/s...
[no replies]
need help with using rng and returning strings from functions

every time i run this code it skips to the part where it prompts the user if they would like to go again i don't know why it skips the function call and it does...
[5 replies] Last: great this worked thanks a ton for the help (by overlander27)
by cGuru
Using Too Many Preprocessor Directives

I am wrapping up at my college and will be going into game programming. So, I am trying to develop good habits now on personal projects instead of being told th...
[no replies]
Sorting my second array?

Hello everyone, I have a program that reads from a text file and into two arrays, one array has data like: CD232323; the other array has data like: Freshman...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you JLBorges for your reply and help. I managed to get the secon... (by jpanther)
arrays of arrays and pointers ?

for these declarations : char t , *p = (char *)t; i know that it will make the pointer p have the address of the element t but what is the exact meanin...
[2 replies] Last: @Duoas : thanks !!. do you want to say for this : char t ; char *p =... (by mohamedeltair)
DMA using new[] and delete[]

I've been trying to get the hang of dynamically allocated memory in C++. To test things, I created a simple program that dynamically allocates an array, assigns...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks for clearing that up guys, you've been a great help as ever. (by Bogeyman)
I can't find anything wrong!

I'm having trouble fixing the following errors: 5_4.cpp: In function âint main()â: 5_4.cpp:21:4: error: invalid operands of types âintâ and âconst char...
[2 replies] Last: I added parentheses to that statement and the numseller -= part, it wo... (by nanor00)
Graphics... How do i start?

I learned c++ for a while.. And i think its time to learn Graphics.. How do i start? Graphic library? How to set resolution? Just.. How do i start? Thank...
[2 replies] Last: This is a great place to start: http://lazyfoo.net/ After you get y... (by shawnlau)
by MasseB
Explain code and show an example....

can someone explain this and show a "full" code example string concatenate (string a, string b) { return a+b; }
[no replies]
by MasseB
printmessage (); ?!

Hello... Trying to learn c++ and read the functions guide on c++ tutorials here on this site. I wondered, why do you have to use parenthesis after the print...
[2 replies] Last: That's just the way C++ denotes a function, very common for many langu... (by Ganado)
a

Guys! anong magandang strategy para makapagtapos ka magcode ng 1 hourlang?
[2 replies] Last: The world doesn't revolve around you Gamer :P I used google translat... (by giblit)
bytes to megabyte conversion

I got some of this figured out but I need the result to read 49.9 how could I do that? double hdSpace = 49987742; hdSpace = hdSpace /1000/1000; ...
[6 replies] Last: You need C++11 for trunc. Compile with -std=c++11 or -std=c++0x Al... (by Ganado)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 1819202122... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.