Beginners - July 2015 (Page 14)

how come no re-initialization here (pointers with new)?

Write your question here. just wondering, whenever i do the following: char *wordArray = new char; char *wordArray = new char; I get an error ...
[2 replies] Last: You are experiencing Scoping issues. char *wordArray = new char; ... (by bazetwo)
Problem passing function as a parameter?

Cant seem to figure out why I can't pass my function as a parameter and I have to use this program for future programs. By the end of this week I have to not on...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you all for your help, I apologize for the late response. Im in ... (by Aim4Erudite)
by Jhax
Confused with C-String size requirements

Hey guys, I have a really simple question that has been bugging me for a long time! This is some code I wrote back when I was studying c-strings. If y...
[1 reply] : If you notice in the 'getanswers' function I use an array to read in ... (by jlb)
isalpha function not working properly

I can't get the isalpha function from ctype library to work. I've tried importing <stdio.h> and <ctype.h>. If I run the isapha code shown below in another softw...
[8 replies] Last: :O) (by Duthomhas)
Soda Vending Machine function issues

Im getting a lot of errors in my code and whenever i try to fix or change something I am getting even more errors. I started to write this program myself, but h...
[6 replies] Last: void ProcessTransaction(Drink m , int choice, double &earnings) { ... (by CodeWriter)
Need help with structures and functions

I need to write a program that uses structure movieData to store the release date, duration, director and title name of the movie. One movie needs to be statica...
[8 replies] Last: Ohhhhhh i see that makes sense. That isnt too difficult. Thanks! i app... (by kingkush)
Using a function to return a copy of a class, is it usually too expensive?

This is just my intuition. I'm trying to create a class that will read data from a file, but it feels like it's going pretty bad. If I have a struct, say ...
[14 replies] Last: @keanedawg Does that mean that, no matter how much data you have in a... (by TheKingOfTyrants)
What is this program doing?

What is this program doing? if i enter a negative number it averages out only the non negative numbers. if i enter any character other than a number the ...
[1 reply] : It is a simple C++ Program to generate average of non negative numbers... (by appi)
Buy Amoxil

Could you please explain what these links are for? This looks pretty sketchy
[1 reply] : It's spam; don't reply. Just report it and move on. (by Zhuge)
by mindoo
multithreaded code does not go into do/while loop

Hi, I recently started working with threads and sockets in order to make a simple tchat server. When I run my code, it prints : 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 ...
[no replies]
by eons93
C++ method to evaluating and organizing classes

No code today boys!! (and girls :P) I do have a question. For those familiar with my project, I'm making a framework for a J-RPG game. So far its working great ...
[1 reply] : In the scenario you describe, where it will never be the case that an ... (by Computergeek01)
Boolean Expression does not Work

Why didn't my lambda expression filter out the 8.8 from the output? // C21Drill Test.cpp #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <algorithm> #...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you for the explanations, JLBorges. (by phztfte1)
by KMagic
String as parameter of file.open()

My book says that file.open() only accepts C-string as parameter. However, when I try to use string as parameter, it works! I wonder if this is good to do or I ...
[1 reply] : The C++11 standard added support for using std::string as a parameter ... (by jlb)
What is the java alternative to this site?

I'm starting to purse a bit into JAVA, however I figured I wouldn't get much help on this site nor be able to give any help on this site since it's mainly relat...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.coderanch.com/forums/ (by Peter87)
2 pointers pointing to same variable

say, we have 2 pointers pointing to same variable if i delete the one, what would happen if i dereferenced the other one?
[3 replies] Last: got it guys! thanks, this is a late reply sorry (by xenoviaquarta)
by grillo
getDepth of a subtree issue

I am trying to get the depth of a node in a subtree; however, I am getting a lot of errors with my code I was wondering what I did wrong. int getDepth...
[7 replies] Last: Well, I should have refreshed the page. > There are errors near lines... (by ne555)
Class member inaccessible in constructor initializer list

Hello, I am getting the following compilation error, for which I cannot determine the reason: /media/sf_Eclipse_Deal_II_sharedFolder/Eclipse_Win_workspace/Chan...
[1 reply] : It means that you forgot to include the right header for the right fil... (by Ispil)
by Oigo
anyone awake that can help me on my code? Soduko C programming

hey guys i need help what should i put in my functions? as you can see the user is prompted to input something when prompted now i dont know what to put in m...
[no replies]
Not sure what this exercise is asking for - Help

Take a look at EXERCISE 20 at this link: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Programming/Exercises/Iterations I've reproduced it below: EXERCISE 20 u...
[7 replies] Last: Ok, here's part b below for anyone who is interested: #include <iost... (by Arslan7041)
by MK029
Seeking the Book Recommendation for C++

Dear C++ friends, I am a college student in US with a major in the mathematics. I will soon be starting the undergraduate research in the computer security an...
[5 replies] Last: > Both "C++ Primer" and "Programming: Principles and Practice Using C+... (by JLBorges)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.