Beginners - July 2015 (Page 13)

single linked list through c++

Write your question here. #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> #include<string.h> #include<iostream.h> Struct node{ int data; Struct node...
[10 replies] Last: I tested the function I posted and it works. Why did you change it? Pe... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Is there a possibility to do this riddle?

Hi, Im obviously not very good at programming, but Id like to do this if possible: Is there a simple way how to assign All primitives, to (All) a set of numbers...
[no replies]
Help with Spacing Issue

How can I get my spacing to look like example? Specifically, how do I get "Date," "$ amt.00," and "ahFRST ahLAST" alligned on the right. The "$ amt.00" moves de...
[1 reply] : You might want to read more on c++ manipulators http://www.cplusplus.c... (by bazetwo)
by i1yas
What is wrong with code

Bellow code is only counting other infact it count many characters (upper,lower,digits) as others.i want a simple beginner program which count lower,upper,digit...
[10 replies] Last: cin and get are both used to read from stream. so it is not an error f... (by bazetwo)
by Sajla
Stringstream

Hi, Im a bit confused about stringstream and I wana get it right. I understood it that its the same thing as function atoi in C. Am i right? And if im not p...
[2 replies] Last: Ty sooo much. (by Sajla)
finding a string within a struct

I'm not sure what would be the best method of finding a string that is locate within a struct. My struct has: struct apartmentInfo // apartment i...
[2 replies] Last: > This is the string that I need to find and verify after the user inp... (by JLBorges)
Error: No match For Operator-

im writing my own program, now, i wanted to do a calculator mode, i did this: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <windows.h> #include "System.h...
[2 replies] Last: i see... thank you! (by closed account 1vD3vCM9)
Calculations do not work for every scenario

The equation I am trying to make a program for is (we cannot use cmath library and pow function): sum = n/x^0 + (n-1)/x^1 + (n-2)/x^2 + (n-3)/x^3 + ... x=...
[2 replies] Last: I ran your program in my debugger and confirmed the issue. example:... (by Bdanielz)
by HelenI
Array

Hey :) So, I have a problem with this code below.... The array does not return what I want but I can't understand why. Thank you :) int A ={}; int T; ...
[5 replies] Last: ok it works :D thank you all (by HelenI)
by kal24
reading numbers

I've work on this problem for 5 hours now and I can only make it work halfway. this is the question Read a 4 character number. Output the result in in the fol...
[7 replies] Last: OOps, I misunderstood. You have to sort the input. (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Arggghh... Learning to use recursive functions :/

Hi guys, I'm trying to use a recursive function to drop the last digit and enter a space, it would be like this: Enter a number: 123 Output: 3 2 1 I...
[3 replies] Last: LupusNoctu thank you for nailing it down, good explanation! giblit I ... (by Arturofm)
Convert string to ASCII?

Hi, how can I convert a string to ASCII code? I looked up examples in Google but they all use arrays and advance codes, I haven't learned arrays yet, can someon...
[5 replies] Last: length is a member function (that is why the . is used and the () are ... (by giblit)
how to have a timer

i am making something for people who don't know how to make c++ code (saying text) so what is the code for a 10 second delay till the screen closes like ret...
[3 replies] Last: An easy way to create a delay could be to just run a for-loop incremen... (by thomaselder84)
Little program I made: Bulls and Cows

Randomly made this, I know it's really really messy, but it works. Will add functions to replace all the repeats later. Still just a beginner, can anyone give m...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include ... (by DarkHunter2765)
class

hey guys i have the code and it is to edit the bits of an integer but i dont know what the : 1(example: bit0 : 1) do. thanks (and if I remove them the co...
[2 replies] Last: This code is for demonstrating the use of pointers in class reference.... (by appi)
Theory question about fields

Hi, I'm reading "Programming Principles and Practice Using C++" by B.Stroustrup and I'm at chapter 23 and trying to answer all the review questions. I'm kind of...
[4 replies] Last: Hey etrusk, I am one chapter behind you. But actually, I skipped Cha... (by phztfte1)
How to deal with date

How to subtract two dates in the following form. 31 12 2015 1 1 2016 days =(d1+m1*30+y1*360)-(d2+m2*30+y2*360); I tried this but it didn't ...
[1 reply] : http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/doc/html/date_time.html If you ... (by Duthomhas)
by jeeboe
Not understanding functions

Hello, how would i be able to turn this into a function? im gonna keep the question simple because i get downvoted on every other forum i post, nobody wants ...
[8 replies] Last: A few comments. Lines 7-8: I suspect you want to make these arra... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Kew
A simple sinking ship game with C++

i am trying to create a simple game with C++, but i meet some bug when running the game. First thing will be the random position generated. It is not always cor...
[3 replies] Last: void setShip(int maxShip) { int ry, rx; srand(time(0)); do {... (by Kew)
template vs polymorphism

it looks like they both do the same job, can you guys list all what they differ from each other?
[2 replies] Last: @Ganado Im writing a Tile engine, but im not sure about making a templ... (by xenoviaquarta)
July 2015 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 33
  Archived months: [jun2015] [aug2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.