Beginners - July 2012 (Page 44)

Functions

Here's my code and I'm not able to explain the output. int exp(int&); int main() { int a=10; for(int i=0; i<=a; i+=exp(i)) { puts("STRING"); }...
[9 replies] Last: return i; i+=2; // Ignored. i += 2; is ignored because of the re... (by ThangDo)
sudoku puzzle c++

qdc
[3 replies] Last: interesting? what about a code tag ? personally I would prefer to ... (by ThangDo)
Don't know how to solve.

I was looking through a series of C++ 'questions' and chose one of the hardest apparently. This is just a part of the whole thing, but it's the most important. ...
[8 replies] Last: Did it! #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; ... (by cataclism)
Getting multiple values from functions

Hello, I have the following code: #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; double get_x(int cardinality_x){ int the_value; cout <<...
[4 replies] Last: Here is what I would change double x1 = get_x(1); double y1 = get_y(1... (by CjKen)
how to find mean and median by using external functions

hello! i am new in c language can any body tell me how to find mean and median using external functions.. it is a assignment given by our teacher. plese any...
[2 replies] Last: #include<iostream> using namespace std; double median(double a , i... (by lwtan90)
confused on function, pls help me, urgent!!

double PayRatesOne(double r){ char Customer; cout << "Enter the type of customer (W/M/S) > "; cin >> Customer; if(Custo...
[12 replies] Last: no ToniAz, HiteshVaghani1 solved my needs.. thanks HiteshVaghani1! (by Eldy Voon)
While Loop Problems

I have another homework assignment that is asking: Write a program that asks the user for points in a graph. Determine what quadrant the points are in and d...
[5 replies] Last: simple is best. Hopefully a do while loop would be accepted. #includ... (by CjKen)
Open and closing output file multiple times during a program.

Just trying to wrap my head around this. I have a large menu driven program and I need to keep a log of all activities. The general layout: Switch (x){ ...
[6 replies] Last: My goal is to be able to search through my logs while they are still o... (by scarywoody)
by jaded7
Efficiency testing?

Is there a way to test two separate solutions for one problem to see which is more efficient (not in terms of RAM usage, but in terms of CPU usage)? Any tools I...
[4 replies] Last: Could just monitor the thread relating to your program (assuming its m... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Conversion Chart

I need some help with this program that converts inches to centimeters.. I pretty much have the program all figured out except for one detail.. when the user in...
[3 replies] Last: this might be helpful to you but i am not sure.. if((beginValue - en... (by HiteshVaghani1)
Problem with list<string> to a list<string> iterator using list.begin

Hello, This is my first post here so I thought this would be the appropriate area to post. My problem has to do with learning/using STL list iterator in a ...
[5 replies] Last: If you check out Lists: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/list/ ... (by Lowest0ne)
by ibnu
why its happen......

i use matlab to get the data.....after that i write the data in text file.......and i already read the data in text file using c++? data in my file have only...
[4 replies] Last: tqvm.......:) (by ibnu)
by uhh
If the meter size is not valid then processing for that customer should stop

If the meter size is not valid then processing for that customer should stop. If the meter size is valid then your program should continue input, processing an...
[13 replies] Last: @EssGeEich Yes, I think it is in math.h . Probably should google eps... (by TheIdeasMan)
rand()% help

I am using this code to ask the user multiple addition question by using a do while loop. It works fine but the question are the same every time and the numbers...
[11 replies] Last: Ok. thank you. (by SuperNyan)
by mido91
i've a Question

#include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int arg; arg=-1; { char arg = 'A'; cout << arg << en...
[4 replies] Last: thank you guys for explaining it to me :) (by mido91)
Function and if else statement program help

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I started to learn programming last week so i am still not that great at it. Thanks //Function and If else program...
[5 replies] Last: Hi At 1st, return 0 and system("PAUSE") must be in main() and the fun... (by Khosravib)
Info on printf("%g")

Hello, I am working on a project and it has the following lines of code: for(i = 0; i < n; i++) { printf("%25.15g\n", d8 ); } I have a general id...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks!! (by tnjgraham)
Sentinel controlled while loops (need help)

Hey everyone, I'm writing a program here that should calculate the surface are, volume, cross sectional area of sphere. For each input, it should calculate w...
[8 replies] Last: Guys you are MAGICIANS !!!!!! Thanks a lot (by NewInTown)
Problem with the <vector> container

I am trying to make a program which reads a vector of integers (including the length) and after every even number I want to insert a value (2011). I solved this...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much! I didn't read carefully the description of that f... (by CosminNTG)
by jrobot
strncpy() example

Hi All, This example is on the strncpy() webpage but it is as follows: /* strncpy example */ //strncpy(destination,source,number) #include <stdio.h>...
[2 replies] Last: pardon my rustiness. i was considering each word to be an entry instea... (by jrobot)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 4243444546... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.