Beginners - July 2012 (Page 35)

global variables

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but here goes: Are global variables expressed in the main? It seems that only local variables enclosed in brac...
[2 replies] Last: Global variables are in the global namespace from what I remember. Out... (by BHX)
by samio
swap an array

hello! im new on c++, i want to know the code of swapping an array,(the values of index) example 12345 >> 54321 sorry for my english. thanks.
[2 replies] Last: or use for loop if do not want to include <algorith> for(int i=0;i<... (by Akshit)
1==1 is false???

Hi there I have the following code #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ double price=1; double added=0; int input; cin >> input...
[9 replies] Last: iHutch105's solution is a good one (pretty simple) & gets around the ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by TommyK
Newbies

Hey m new to C++ at 32 years of age but I have a thing to know n master this language.Am I late for this but i do know sum programming, vb html5 css mostly web ...
[15 replies] Last: I never use Windows soap to wash anything. I thought this was normal, ... (by Catfish2)
Answer is right, but it's wrong‽

So for this problem: http://codeforces.com/contest/202/problem/A I've submitted this as my code: #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace st...
[3 replies] Last: Wow, thanks! Got it right this time: #include<iostream> #include<str... (by georgep)
Asterisk's Inverted Triangle

My teacher gave me the logic for creating an inverted triangle.. I dont understand how the inner loop works. Kindly help? ***** **** *** ** * and the l...
[1 reply] : What don't you understand exactly? Just try substituting numbers in i... (by MrHutch)
Checking input data type

Hi, Is there a quick way of checking the data type of things? I use a cin to get user input, and the thing that it's stored to is defined to be an integer. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! :) (by pbruusgaard)
by leeto
Mesh Array of double boost

I wanna create mesh Array using boost elements, that will be do the same that code below, but can accept numbers of double. Please advice me any boost array t...
[no replies]
please help with eclipse

I just downloaded c/c++ IDE developer and made a C++ project. but then under problems tab, these come up and I cannot proceed to do anything else from there. ...
[16 replies] Last: I think you're the first person I've met who uses Eclipse for C++. Now... (by Moschops)
OH GOODNESS HELP

SO I am entering college without ANY knowledge of C++ or programming, and my math skills are rusty. Do you think I will be able to succeed in this major?
[8 replies] Last: did it! (by yan1026)
HELP for Validation code

i need help for validation code on my source code. i wanna ask for validation code the user can't input word in this code thanks before #include <iostream> #...
[no replies]
link list

Hi i am trying to make a link list.The data to the link list will be added from the command line . example of a command line will --- I 45 here 45 is the data ...
[9 replies] Last: yeah that worked thanks (by coderire)
Cannot find logical operator

Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; string repeat; string repeatnum; string prompt = "|- ->"; int main() { ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, I feel stupid now. :0 (by Dasttann777)
by sleet
convert string to capital letters without toupper()

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I need to convert a string to capital letters without using toupper(). I was wondering if anyone can give me a hint o...
[4 replies] Last: oh ok... I understand it better now.. i didn't know it was possible to... (by sleet)
Prime Numbers

bool primeCheck(unsigned long long n) { if(n % 2 == 0) return false; for(unsigned int i = 3; i < (n/2); i = i + 2) { if(n % i !...
[9 replies] Last: It was for a summation of primes. All primes under 2000000...which mea... (by Volatile Pulse)
Help please, i'm not sure if this is right (1,2)

I am to write a program that will outpout the sum of all of the numbers from 1 to 100. This is what i have but when i excute it the console comes up and disapp...
[21 replies] Last: Thats it, your a life saver. Thanks so much for your help. Counldn't... (by Cambycis)
Operator "&"

I have a question about the "&" operator. I know that it's an address operator, that &var1 gives the address of var1. My question is what is the use of "&" aft...
[5 replies] Last: Okay then another name for the same object, and it can't be changed. ... (by iceman1992)
Project Euler Problem 12

I'm trying to finish this problem, but I run into the problem that I get an answer, but it's incorrect for some reason. Can anyone clue me in to where my probl...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, that's right. I need to make sure that I the number has more th... (by GRex2595)
Generating subsequences of string

I need to work out the correct algorithm for generating all the possible subsequences of a string. Subsequence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsequence eg. ...
[5 replies] Last: Okay, I think I've got it. Here is the code for finding all the subse... (by georgep)
"unsigned short int" is incompatible with parameter type of "unsigned short int *"

Hello dear Forum... Today Visual Studio 10 is driving me crazy! I tried to create a pointer (unsigned short int*) and let it point to a Integer (unsigned shor...
[10 replies] Last: Ouh yes now it works.. Stupid me. thanks for this one! I guess I would... (by Nickel Dare)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 3334353637... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.