Beginners - July 2012 (Page 32)

Help with making this variable? (1,2)

Hey guys, im just trying to do a simple variable in netbeans for c++... I only started on Hello World like an hour ago. This is what I'm trying to do: #in...
[23 replies] Last: Because your program never terminated, or returned to the os. It stopp... (by rssair)
by dby3
stray '\1' ???

hi,this is my first post. would you help me ? while compiling, there's msssages said that : error : stray '\1' in program. what is that mean ? #include <iost...
[3 replies] Last: It makes it easier for people to debug your code if you post it. It wo... (by rssair)
When I call a class, it is not recognizing a string

I am learning classes now, and for some reason, when I call a class, it is not recognizing my string. If I put both my new class in main.cpp (in code::blocks),...
[3 replies] Last: C++ has "namespaces" which house identifiers (like "string" or "cout",... (by Disch)
Two-Dimensional Arrays and Enumeration Types

I'm working on a homework question that is similar to this script I wrote, but the output isn't coming out the way I would like. #include <iostream> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/41709/ You can use that along w... (by rssair)
Can a function return multiple data types?

I am taking a C++ class and I am trying to create a function that returns char and double date types. I have the program running fine without the function. It r...
[2 replies] Last: Short answer: No. A function can return only one value. Long answer: Y... (by rssair)
How to get the time?

I need to get the current time. I looked up time using the search feature, but I can't find any C++ time functions or headers. I only found time.h, and that's f...
[3 replies] Last: Im not sure, i dont use VS i use code blocks, someone else will have t... (by Ch1156)
Incorrect code compiles in codeblocks but not in visual studio

I have tried a few lines of code that allows the user to determine an arrays size at runtime (without using dynamic memory) and it should produce an error befor...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know what the standards say about it, but I imagine it's using... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Value at non-initiated pointer

I have a question regarding the value of a newly assigned integer for dynamic memory allocation. I have a piece of example code that creats a new int and t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply! Makes sense now. (by primecodz)
I hate the Link List

Okay, so I've been going to meet with a tutor this week, to try to get those other 2 programs running, right? Right. We've been trying really hard, but we hav...
[2 replies] Last: No prob. We're always here. Also, it just takes time to wrap your... (by Duthomhas)
Difference int*const a and const int *a

Hi, I have to create a funtion of a cumulative sum, in which the argument a is added to the argument b and c=a+b and I have three headings to choose from, expla...
[3 replies] Last: Well, I think there could be the following declarations int cumul( in... (by vlad from moscow)
two variable arrays

For this program, when I have only one variable array (i.e. receipt listing the price only without the names), the program runs fine. However, when I try to add...
[4 replies] Last: I don't quite understand what you mean (by elb5230)
while loop with increment and ifelse

im having trouble with my while loop. i need the increment to stop at 9 but its stopping at 10. so the player clicks and then x and o are suppose to occur. (ti...
[2 replies] Last: At line 14, else (turn % 2 !=0) ; Is a no-op (do nothing) statemen... (by AbstractionAnon)
Why wont this function return a value?

i am learning functions, i can get the void function to output a value, but the function that returns a value is not. What am i doing wrong? //mutifunction #i...
[6 replies] Last: killertcell you said in your last post you rewrote without the functio... (by killutch)
Texted Room Game Help

I have to write a code that allows "x" to move between 4 rooms to find a treasure. I think I have the code done except that I initilize the variable room = 1 (L...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help. After about a week an half of struggl... (by BroncoAG)
displaying vectors

Hi, When printing all the elements of a vector, specifically strings, I use for(size_t n = 0; n < myvector.size(); n++) cout << myvector << " "; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by hitholdir)
Function Declaration Confusion

I have an exercise that instructs me to create a program that outputs a times table up to twelve of any number. {e.g.: 2*1, 2*2......2*12} And the program has ...
[4 replies] Last: Alright much thanks (by dtaqee88)
by abaz01
sum of series

hi all, im tryin to write this program that calulates sum of the series (1/y)*(2+1/3+4+1/5+....+x), where y and x and user input values. it keeps outputting tw...
[14 replies] Last: @abaz01 Is my code working and giving proper result? (by Akshit)
First C++ Program Suggestions

Hello All, I started teaching myself C about seven months ago and moved up to C++ about two months ago, mostly using the tutorials on this website. Here i...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, got it now. Thanks, folks! (by WannabeProgrammer0)
case insensitive strncmp?

Hi, I'd like to know if a case insensitive strncmp function exists. Thanks for your help! Sky
[3 replies] Last: POSIX also has the function strncasecmp in <strings.h>. (by Athar)
Algorithm to convert IEEE 754 to DEC dpfp in C++

Hey, I am working on a project where I need to format messages to send to a GPS receiver but some of the data types in the messages are DEC Double Precision Fl...
[1 reply] : Looking at some of your other posts, it looks like you're still relati... (by Volatile Pulse)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.