Beginners - July 2012 (Page 27)

Map Iterator

I've got the following map and the following code to loop through my map. map<std::string,std::vector<std::string> > resKey; typedef map<std::string,st...
[3 replies] Last: You were right. I must have used a bad template I found online. Thank ... (by vckngs7)
Output a text file into Excel

I need to know how to output the user's input into a textfile so I can open it up on Excel. Thanks! Here's my work so far: //Running Mean for N points with ...
[1 reply] : You might want to look into csv files. They are easy to make, and are ... (by rssair)
my ascii art program is showing the wrong chars

both architectures here http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3w85n one source code: //-------------------------------------------------------------------------...
[3 replies] Last: I solved it! The struct I defined was needless and caused all the prob... (by speci4lzero)
by kethgr
File IO function call problem

Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with 2 functions in my program; one for reading in data from a file and one for writing data to a file. Both of the function...
[5 replies] Last: Look over your file very carefully. Remove any extra whitespace, speci... (by Volatile Pulse)
Array input and output help

I have to write a code that lets you input up to 100 numbers and when press 0 when your done entering your numbers. Then it tells you how many numbers you enter...
[9 replies] Last: This is essentially the same as my code however i made 1 mistake in th... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Maximum int to string

#include <string> #include <list> #include <iostream> using namespace std; string maximum(list<int> nums) { list<int>::iterator pos; pos =...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=Volatile Pulse]I don't know much about MSVC++, but I did read t... (by Peter87)
by CMinus
Euler 17 :)

For sure most of us know www.projecteuler.net !! I can't solve this problem !! If the numbers 1 to 5 are written out in words: one, two, three, four, five, the...
[4 replies] Last: Volatile Pulse I start From Zero it writes nothing :) And You are rig... (by CMinus)
Load Player Stats

How would you do this if most of the stats were integers?
[13 replies] Last: It's not difficult. First, you need to build a document flow. Second, ... (by amchinese)
by neilq5
Visual C++ 6 In Record Time

Hey guys, I recently got the book "Visual C++ 6 In Record Time" by Steven Holzner in hopes to learn C++ I downloaded Visual C++ 2010 for use with the book ...
[7 replies] Last: This site itself is a good start: http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ ... (by Catfish2)
Why there is a mistake

I just wrote a program, the compiler says I have a mistake: error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type The location of the error code is: fout<<(c...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, I'm careless. I found that I didn't have my mima defined as an arr... (by amchinese)
SRO problem for nested operator

Can Anyone help me out for the following class game { private: struct player { struct coins { ...
[2 replies] Last: sir,can u plz give a simple explaination about the above program....I'... (by Pter0dactyl)
error messages

How to interpret error messages "that Code::Blocks generates when it finds any type of error." First attempt at first example in book to write a program. Stuck
[1 reply] : What is your question? If you are receiving an error, please paste you... (by Volatile Pulse)
Read words from a file one char at a time

I have read up a bit on this at this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4373047/read-text-file-into-char-array-c-ifstream I am still struggling thou...
[12 replies] Last: This function does what I need it to do. Thanks for the help. char ... (by xrotaryguy)
by kowp
Writing some stuff to a file

Hi there! I'm trying to make a program to modify a file automaticly but i'm having some problems. I need to get <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone=...
[2 replies] Last: wow thanks :D have been searching for that all day (by kowp)
Palindrone tester (1,2,3,4)

How is my palindrone tester deal? I know it's not perfect, I wrote in about 5 minutes. bool is_palindrone(unsigned long int n) { //Int to string std:...
[62 replies] Last: Here's my python solution. import time start = time.time() ls = ... (by htirwin)
Casting my own Fraction object to double - always becoming 1

Hello everyone! For this program I am writing a 'Function' class to be used in a program adds and multiplies Fraction objects. It will also create a copy of ...
[2 replies] Last: Fixed, thank you so much! (by StepVelocity)
I have been trying to learn classes for a week but I just cannot seem to understand them

I hav been reading up on classes for about a week now, and I understand the syntax (pretty) well, but I just cannot figure out what they can be used for. I hav...
[1 reply] : They exist for your convenience; to make it easier for you to think ab... (by Moschops)
Ascii characters in output

Hi, This code is outputting this symbol ╠ and I do not know why. Its making me really frustrated. Here's the code: #include <iostream> #includ...
[2 replies] Last: I tried adding && s > 2 to the if statement and it still had the s... (by inform880)
Reading from a file problem

ALD*#naLS
[no replies]
2 Questions, 1: Databases, 2: In-app Memory?

With the older programming languages such as BASIC (and lot others i cant think of right now) a lot of tutorials began by explaining the basics, and then showin...
[2 replies] Last: I had a feeling that saving information to a file that's loaded on sta... (by TheBeardedQuack)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.