Beginners - July 2012 (Page 26)

Problem with cctype library

ok, i am doing a program where it converts char to upper or lower. I think i have it coded right but when i enter it it outputs a number. What is wrong with my ...
[2 replies] Last: It's because a character is an int, it has a set numerical value. To d... (by Volatile Pulse)
by lenn18
Help: I need the Borland C++ compiler

Could somebody tell me where to get the Borland C++ 5.5 compiler with the command line tools full version? I have been looking for it so long and I don't kno...
[14 replies] Last: It won't hurt to use the compiler your professor recommends. Just keep... (by Duthomhas)
Poker game problem

Hey, all. I am wondering how to get rid of an error in my poker game. It's called, 1>------ Build started: Project: Poker (no gambling), Configuration: Debug Wi...
[1 reply] : First, welcome to the forum. Next time, please use the format <> tag t... (by Volatile Pulse)
getline problem

Heyre people, i have a little problem. I am learning C++ in order to develop my own software, so i am following some documents and tutorials, and i have reache...
[8 replies] Last: ctime is not needed in your program, but it is a header file that uses... (by Volatile Pulse)
Floating Point Exception?

So I'm still pretty new to C++ and I'm trying to make a text based RPG. I just started and have been trying to work out the fighting system to be object oriente...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys! I followed both of your advice and the exception error we... (by regzilla777)
Why does this always evaluate true?

int checkWin() { for(int i = 0; i < 18; i++) { if(betNum == x) { return 1; } } return 0; } Why does this ...
[13 replies] Last: Ah, okay... That's it. I understand now. Thank you! (by TheDudiful)
by beakie
Classes and function pointers

Hey, What is the correct way of doing this? I don't want to change the structure... I just need to know the correct syntax. Been reading online but its just a ...
[7 replies] Last: Sorted it! Solved the static member problem and went with resolution 1... (by beakie)
Please critique my debugging method

I am hopeful that this introductory paragraph will properly frame my level of understanding, software used, and resources to target my goal. I am engaged in ind...
[6 replies] Last: drpepper I'm in the same book/chap/exercise as what you posted, and ha... (by Ima767god)
by CeTis
Question about std::map

Hello, This is my first post on the C++ forums. I'm fairly new to C++ (started coding in the language about a month ago). I'm coming from a significant amount ...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome :) (by KRAkatau)
by skarla
a little help.

I want to suggest to me what is better to follow?(hacker(black,white,gray),gamer development,web development,programmer in general,something else.) so:i like...
[7 replies] Last: Your questions are like asking "what should I pick for my favorite col... (by cnoeval)
array of polymorphism classes

I am making a program that has an different classes that share the same ancestor class. I have them all in an c-style array, where the variable i is used to sel...
[2 replies] Last: Since you mentioned polymorphism in your title, and you seem to have m... (by Computergeek01)
by mekki
graphics.h

hi, i am working with dev-c++ and are about to learn to include some graphic features. here is my problem, most of my code is in text mode, all the graphics ap...
[1 reply] : It seems to me that Dev-C++ is quite an outdated IDE (last release in ... (by KRAkatau)
Beginner question about arrays

I just have one question about the syntax of arrays. In the book, they gave me the exercise of having to get the largest and smallest element/value from an arra...
[3 replies] Last: Ok thanks a lot guys. Makes sense. (by dtaqee88)
C++ and Coloured Text

I'm trying implementing colour text into a program, except my current method only has 16 different colours (which isn't enough). With a little research, I stum...
[14 replies] Last: Sorry for my late reply, but probably the reason you didn't download i... (by S G H)
Quadratic Formula

I am new to this forum and C++ (I'm struggling to understand functions). I decided to make a program to help solve a quadratic formula to try to get the gist o...
[3 replies] Last: I changed it, and it handles solutions with whole numbers only (no ima... (by Zincott)
by mgbuhj
errors c2181 and c3867 :/

I have recently started to learn C++, so I expect there to be a couple stupid mistakesin my program . I'm supposed to write a program that opens a user-defined...
[2 replies] Last: You need to test your program thoroughly each step of the way. ifstr... (by Phil123)
definition of an EZArray class

Write the definition of an EZArray class 1. An EZArray contains strings. 2. All arrays are dynamic (do not declare arrays, but pointers to strings). 3. A f...
[4 replies] Last: ok. I am still working on it. (by trex123)
save input to file ??

i've been up way to late. I'm trying to figure out how to take an impute given and add it to my "board" this sudoko game asks the user where the Cordinants are ...
[6 replies] Last: after changing value just call the function to write in a file. or ed... (by Akshit)
Comparing a double to -9.25596e+061

Hi, I would like to know how I could compare the number initialized as double result to the actual number -9.25596e+061 . Since it is the only comparison ...
[4 replies] Last: Indeed, I'm going to try that asap. Thank you all very much Sky (by Skyboarder)
First Tree class...could use some help (1,2)

I'm trying to code a tree class that reads in the constitution and puts all the words in an ordered binary tree (in alphabetical order.) The teacher said he ga...
[24 replies] Last: I'm not getting any issues with your program. To clarify, the little... (by Lowest0ne)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.