Beginners - July 2012 (Page 24)

Counters

I am trying to make a program that counts the number of characters in a txt file. I have no problem getting the file open but when it gets to the first letter (...
[7 replies] Last: Just to throw this out there, 1 character = 1 byte. Therfore just use ... (by bmiller)
by Heimn
Minor logical issue

Hello. I'm new to programming and have been learning using the book "Beginning C++ Through Game Programming, Third Edition" by Michael Dawson to learn the ro...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, I see. Thanks a lot for the help, as well as the tip. I'll figure ... (by Heimn)
by abaz01
emptying a vector and printing the string equivalent

hi, im trying to empty an int vector and replace it a sting, so far i have done this but its not working, any help would be appreciated the final output shou...
[2 replies] Last: thanks man (by abaz01)
Help with program, not sure whats wrong

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int a,e,i,j; double b,d,g; double f ; e=g=0; cout << "Input Number: "; cin >...
[3 replies] Last: #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main(void) { char lett... (by Cambycis)
by Lyo
why this do while loop keep running?

Hi all, I'm new to c++ and try to do this homework but run into this problem. If I commend the the first 4 line as shown below, the loop work as expected. But...
[6 replies] Last: Hi all, I got it. Here is my code that I fixed. I change "string" to... (by Lyo)
by Foolly
Please help me Choose

Hi i am new to Programming and IT. i have done a little Javascript but not much. I am interested in learning C++. i will work through the documentation but i al...
[4 replies] Last: thanks Framework. you have been really helpful. I'll definately steer ... (by Foolly)
Help finishing code

Is anybody capable of finishing up my code. If anybody is able to complete this part for me, you will be greatly appreciated. This is my code. . This is s...
[15 replies] Last: You're suggesting instead of doing the division, simply checking if th... (by Volatile Pulse)
by skarla
is easy?

is easy to make an aimbot for this game?http://soccer.kiekko.tk i know c++ but i am not master
[3 replies] Last: I've been programming on and off for the last 8 years, so, I doubt you... (by Volatile Pulse)
ascending array with a template

I've combined an ascending function into a template but its not sorting all the numbers. The lines of code are: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip>...
[3 replies] Last: Besides that, what's the point in creating a templated function if you... (by S G H)
by fcgcwc
Simple Calculator Program

I have been learning C++ for a couple of days and have recently attempted to create a simple calculator program. All seamed to be working fine however I found t...
[3 replies] Last: It works after taking care of these things 1)Why multiple declaration... (by Akshit)
Going back to beginning of code

I was wondering if there is a way of going back to a specific line in the code. I want to go from line 66 to line 30. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks. EDI...
[4 replies] Last: It seems I can use goto.But like you said, I think I'll isolate the fi... (by Marioqwe)
by Chubbs
Adding integers

Hello everyone, I need to write a program that asks the user for 10 numbers and then adds the numbers up. Here's what I've come up with so far. #include <i...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Your program is correct, but you are displaying the wrong v... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Operators -- and ++

I don't get this section. Here what's going on in my brain: - ++ adds a number after variable (Y++ = 2) Assume that Y = 1!) - ^ does the same thing as ++C or ...
[4 replies] Last: ok now I understand it.. (by DetectiveRawr)
Key detection

Hello, so I'm trying to figure out how to detect if a key is pressed, such as the 'Y' key. I asked a friend and he mentioned using constant unsigned chars such ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! (by colourfulbananas)
by vrakas
Using functions without the libraries

Hello, i wanted to ask, How can i use a function (eg std::sort) without including the nessesary header?(in this case <algorithm>)? And will this help me make ...
[3 replies] Last: I'd like to mention that modern compilers optimize out some functions ... (by Computergeek01)
by MrReza
create a .txt file by open it in write mode then copy same file in onother .txt file

Hi experts , I want create a txt file and write some lines to it then copy this file to onother file , I do this in this way but secound part (create onot...
[2 replies] Last: thanks yes this is exist but problem is here (I solved myself ;-) :... (by MrReza)
Copy constructor required but not used?

In solving a assignment in Bruce Eckel's C++ book I created the following code. It does what it is supposed to do. But there is one thing I don't understand. ...
[2 replies] Last: I see, so as soon as there is a 'potential' it is required? Is there ... (by Prestissimo)
Error: Expected Primary-Expression

I am running into a problem with trying to compile and run my program. on line 192 and 200 im getting [Expected Primary-Expression before '=' token] and anoth...
[5 replies] Last: TheIdeasMan (277) Jul 10, 2012 at 6:42am Hi Joshua, I see t... (by Joshua Spears)
help with my code

I am new to coding in C++ and to coding in general. I wanted to make a simple program that will allow me to enter a number and print the results of a random num...
[5 replies] Last: Have a look at this link for more info on random generator also. http... (by ThangDo)
make files

I need to use a makefile for a C++ course Im taking Ive written it but it is throwing a The system cannot find the file specified error but the file it says it ...
[5 replies] Last: The make program is broken on Windows -- you need to be sure to instal... (by Duthomhas)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.