Beginners - July 2012 (Page 21)

Turning a sentence into numbers

Is it possible to turn a sentence into numbers where the number represents how many characters the word had. Example: I went to the park today --- 1 4 2 3 4...
[4 replies] Last: Something like this I guess. Requires: #include <iostream> #include ... (by Stewbond)
by abaz01
emptying an int vector and replacing it with string vector

hi all im writing this program that emptys a vector ad replaces it with a string, but i cant get it to work please help. the final output should be "five fou...
[2 replies] Last: You can not fill a vector of one base type with values of another type... (by vlad from moscow)
Using a "char" with VERY BIG capacity

Hi, I am using a pipe with an external software in a c++ program. The method to send a given command through the pipe takes as argument: - a char* conta...
[3 replies] Last: That seems to work, thank you very much. Though, I notice that there i... (by Skyboarder)
Interfacing C++ with Excel by XLOPER type

Hello, i'm a beginner of C++ and i want to interface C++ and Excel, in this way: i want to write a C++ function that takes a string of an Excel file (XLL format...
[no replies]
by neilq5
IF name = specific name change to nickname

Im developing a small console application that when started will prompt the user for their name. as a joke to my sister, if her name is entered i want it to ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Jwijnker! that did it! (by neilq5)
Draw polygon

Hello, I want to draw a polygon for my programme like this : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/polygon.png i followed some steps to draw polygon mysel...
[8 replies] Last: Well, I'm gonna recommend you go refresh on the basics of C++. It look... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Need Help or Ideas on a Program

Need help or Ideas on a program that would have an output that includes a subtotal and grand total. Any ideas? It has to be a repetition and one selection.
[2 replies] Last: Thanks that will be cool. Diana (by Diana Magers)
forward declaration of typedef

Hello all. struct mystruct { int i; double f; } ; typedef mystruct myotherstruct; //the other .cpp file struct mystruct; //OK,this is...
[5 replies] Last: The compiler correctly issues an error because you are trying to redef... (by vlad from moscow)
Arrow Keys Input

Hello there ! I am writing a Win32 console application to create a maze game, and right now my "player" moves using 2,4,6,8 buttons on the numpad, but since ...
[5 replies] Last: The only header files I had to include were windows.h, iostream and wi... (by Computergeek01)
Java's min(long... values) equivalent in C++

How should look C++ version of a method below? I mean, is there any possibility to create a "..." in C++? long min(final long... values) { long minimum =...
[1 reply] : You can dig this up for C and C++ by looking for varargs or the std... (by Moschops)
by sanu
Multi Maps and tree

Hi all! Since the past week I am wondering how to use multi map and tree to perform the following task. # I have the data file which contains date and th...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Soranz (by sanu)
basic encryption and login check issue

#include <iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; string login() { string unencrypted; string encrypted="PAATI" ; char key = "123"; f...
[8 replies] Last: I have found the answer from somewhere else. that one explained what t... (by silvercats)
Wifstream reading UTF-16 files

Hello, I have created a small function that print a file. It looks like this: void PrintFile(wstring FileName){ wstring line; wifstream readfile (FileN...
[7 replies] Last: I'm sorry, I can see that I was not very clear in my last post. The ... (by Mahirihan)
I can't understand this error message.

Recently I've been messing with conversion constructors (or conversion in general) and trying to write some real code VC++ keeps throwing imaginary errors in my...
[2 replies] Last: Yay! :-) Thank you. (by BR41NFCK)
by Chubbs
Can't figure out equation

Hello everyone, I need to write a program that ask the user for 18 grades, each grade out of 100, and caclulates the points value based on the score. For inst...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, I'm absolutely crap at mathematics, but it seems like a rul... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Zu007
how add recent date

i'm creating a program which ask date of breath and tell is age in days,mins,Sec, etc. but how to subtract date. example Enter ur Date of breath(8/5/1999)...
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, I believe what Mr. Zu007 is trying to ask is that he wants ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
cpu time calculation confusion

I am confuse here in simple multiplication and division .. how come interval / clock_sec is not equal to cpu_time_used (check the code and compare with code - ...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, To just give you a further hint here, I believe they are tr... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Cannot figure out how to let user input name that is called by a class

I am trying to let the user choose the name for his/her pokemon. What am I doing wrong? Main.cpp #include <iostream> #include "Monsters.h" using nam...
[2 replies] Last: same go for the rest of theSet functions . They are all backwards. Yo... (by ThangDo)
Char array-search-and-delete-characters-problem

Hi, I'm trying to write a loop that searches through an array of characters, and looks for certain combinations. Then if it finds one such combination, say an ...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome! Thanks! :) (by pbruusgaard)
by arenzc
Data Processing using file input and parallel arrays

We are given a file with student id numbers, student name, course code, course credits and course grade. the students are repeated based on the number of classe...
[3 replies] Last: When it starts its index then gets incrimented in the for loop on lin... (by bmiller)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 1920212223... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.