Beginners - July 2012 (Page 18)

cannot write to output file

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; // global constants const int MAX_CUSTOMERS = 1000; ...
[1 reply] : Hi there, Not entirely sure why - can't test it without the input fil... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by dean
Flags to determine the type of a number (int, float, double)

Hi, I am looking for a reference that describes the employed flags to convert manual numbers in some specific type, e.g. 2.D should be the number 2 cosidered a...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, I think what you mean is mentioned here: http://msdn.microsoft.c... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Library

Hi, sorry for my English... STL and other basic c++ library....they are linked with my project everytime? Although now I do not use? Thenx :)
[2 replies] Last: OK thanks Peter (by Damian666)
Are there any c++ tutorials to recommend?

What pages do you guys recommend that explain c++ in a way that is easy to understand? Are there any good online tutorials as well?
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, As Georgep said, the one on this sit is quite good: http://... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by skarla
a little help.

nothing.
[3 replies] Last: Don't delete your posts either. If someone else had a similar question... (by Volatile Pulse)
by samrux
Instant cin?

I always use "cin >> *" with switch(*), but it need to press enter after i write the variable's value, but if it's only 1 character long i would like to use an ...
[12 replies] Last: @NwN I didn't say C++ wasn't capable of handling hardware. It's just n... (by Volatile Pulse)
Write a program that will take three inputs:

Negotiating a consumer loan is not always straightforward. One form of the loan is the discount installment loan, which works as follows. Suppose a loan has ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, First off - It's considered general courtesy to at least pr... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Console display help

Hi guys, Wondering if there's a way to control the page breaks in console. For example, if I create a list such as: for(int i=0;i<1000;i++){ cout<<i...
[4 replies] Last: I don't know about creating pages(If there is inbuilt system).But you ... (by Akshit)
by Ch1156
Save not working

Ok im not sure if im doing the save right, it isnt working, it should save the progree but it isnt. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctim...
[7 replies] Last: A loop in main around the if/else block should be all you need. (by naraku9333)
When will my programs have more than one file after compile?

hi, I am compiling a lot of programs (basic practice) but what i noticed is that every file i have compiled to date is only one exectuible like a.out. When/H...
[8 replies] Last: A DLL that contains Driver Libraries for hardware I/O applications. Mo... (by Volatile Pulse)
by Ch1156
Converting real world units to computer pixels?

Is it even possible? i want to be able to convert like feet to pixels or something but how would i do that? I found this http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/info...
[4 replies] Last: Simply put, there's no way to do it without doing some calibration. Th... (by helios)
Code doesn't work

So here is a piece of my code. The point of this part is to set value of p2u1 , p2u2 or p2u3 to zero, but the value before doing that must not be 0 (so it ...
[1 reply] : One obvious error is the following: while (a1 = 0) Your code w... (by AbstractionAnon)
format tags

what kind of tags, how do I frame this code so that it displays with the correct indentations making it easier to read???? #include <iostream> using namespac...
[1 reply] : place ur code here (but the tags in reverse) Often it wont 'paste'... (by soranz)
Fraction class program not working? Could use some help!

Hi, everyone! So I have a program I am doing for a CS course. I have pasted the .h and .cpp's below. It's not really calculating the 2 fractions I input. Could ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your help! Sorry for the late response. I didn't know ... (by neverendingstory)
Header files or .cpp files

Hey guys, New to the forums, and new to c++ but just need a hand distinguishing header files and source (.cpp) files apart. I come from java, where header fil...
[6 replies] Last: this is how a typical class is made up, and is what goes into the head... (by sfBlackfox)
recursive to iteration

How do I frame the code so that it displays correctly indented. How can I make this execute as an iteration: iterative_countdown <#include <iostream> using na...
[1 reply] : Do you know the difference between them? If so, you will know that you... (by georgep)
by uhh
Need help with my program.

What is wrong with this? I am getting the wrong output but I am not sure what the problem is. I am putting the outputs just for reference. Output should l...
[4 replies] Last: I figured it out. (by uhh)
polyphonic music console app- Help

I'm trying to make a console application that can play pre-made songs like the Mary had a little lamb already implemented in the code but also take in custom u...
[9 replies] Last: well ever note is set to an int of hz so really any operation you do w... (by NoviceNate333)
Sorting Parallel Arrays (1,2)

Hey guys, this is my first time working with parallel arrays, and while I think I have a good understanding of them and how to sort them using digits, I have y...
[31 replies] Last: So far this is my entire code...I thought I had everything working cor... (by scu1casper)
Old bitcoin calculator I made.

I had to come up with a project for my C++ class so I made a bitcoin calculator. I know by looking at the programming and the functionality it is pretty lame, b...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah haha. I looked at that when I was done and was just like meh, I w... (by Algar32)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.