Beginners - July 2012 (Page 16)

Help...Me...!

Hello. I was working on this problem, and I need help debugging it. the problem is: "Broken Necklace" "You have a necklace of N red, white, or blue beads (3...
[1 reply] : sorry, i had too many characters, but my code is: #include <fstream> ... (by regiice9)
by Sava
Problem with long double

Hello ! This is my first time on the forum, I have done a quick search of this topic on google but didn't find an answer. Here is the code long double ld = ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your replies! I am using Dev-C because I was looking for... (by Sava)
glitch or ...?

#include<iostream> #include<cmath> using namespace std; int main () { int x; x=1+(rand()%500); cout<<x; system("pause"); return 0; } For some reason, thi...
[3 replies] Last: In general, you should never blame the compiler - fault almost always ... (by rollie)
Division & The Future of my C++

1.) I know this sounds dumb but my division formula won't work properly, and it multiplies instead. I (sadly) cannot find the problem. Here's the whole th...
[3 replies] Last: Oh wow, I switched up the calling of my functions, so to find the circ... (by Zincott)
by boobs
Open on file fro another

Hi not sure if my title is correct but what I want to do is take input from a user then open a new file Main #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[1 reply] : Like this ? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() {... (by modoran)
2 windows in Allegro

I am pretty new to C++, but I was told that if I am interested in making games, I should start with graphics and stuff immediately, because the console is way d...
[1 reply] : I don't think it has to do with double buffering. Are both windows cre... (by Peter87)
Multiple .cpp File Programs

I'd like to put some of the functions in my program into another .cpp file for organizational purposes. So, my questions are: 1. Should I put the functions in...
[10 replies] Last: Global objects are not really recommended but if you really want to h... (by Phil123)
by boobs
Problem with loops

Hi im just learning cpp and have a problem with loops here is some example code #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int title;...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks peter thats a big help..... (by boobs)
by Dodu
Problem with calculating Percentage

Hello everyone. I started learning C++ a few days ago. I have a problem. I am trying to calculate the percentage using the code below. But it's giving me a zero...
[11 replies] Last: @Akshit Thank you! :) (by Dodu)
by aslv
Writing my own io manipulators with arguments

Hello! I hope I write at the right place. I would like to learn more how to create my own input/output manipulators with parameters. Without parameters is easy,...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> struct fw { explicit constexpr fw( unsigned i... (by JLBorges)
one occurrence

hi in that code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int arr ={5,4,3,6,7}; int num; cin>>num; for(int i=0;i<5...
[6 replies] Last: thanks ^_^ (by Sarah93)
by Akshit
Time or Fault?

for(b;b<10000000;b+=2) { if(b%3==0) b+=2; if(checkprime(b)) a++; } How much time will this loop takes? Because for me its taking too lon...
[5 replies] Last: Try write a more efficient checkprime function. Also make sure that ... (by Peter87)
by Khan22
Finding a match between player input string and string array elements?

Backstory: Hello guys! I'm new to this forum and just started coding in c++ this Monday. As my first test program I decided to make a simple text adventure g...
[3 replies] Last: The return type of std::string::find is std::size_t. std::string::npos... (by Peter87)
by raje
text file is storing some garbage value

Actually .txt file is storing some garbage value. how to overcome this..?
[2 replies] Last: where's code? (by Akshit)
by dancks
Confusing problem using vector in game (1,2)

So, I'm using Allegro, the game programming library, I am working on adding rockets to the game. When the game starts, and the rocket object goes through its fi...
[24 replies] Last: I'm curious about something. Why does he do things like this void dee... (by BHX)
by abaz01
calling a double for a header file to .cpp file

hi im trying to call a double from my header file to my .cpp file but my complier keeps giving me an error. i dont know what im doing wrong here. plz help. ...
[1 reply] : In the header file you have declared the constructor to take one argum... (by Peter87)
Function pointers

Ive been recently experimenting with function pointers and I got into a problem. This is a basic function pointer: void (*pFunc)(int,float) = &Func; ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. Both solutions work, although peter's is slig... (by closed account DGvMDjzh)
Difficulty in understanding

int a ; Declares an array of integers of size 4 a is a pointer to the base element of the array So my question is, does a also occupies a memory...
[4 replies] Last: Sameer Implicit Conversion means that the Compiler converts type to an... (by CMinus)
Simple bot

Hello, I need to make basic and simple bot to do work for me.. I am actually have no time to set on computer and do it nowadays. The bot is basically wil...
[5 replies] Last: With libcurl and some knowledge about how HTML works you can write thi... (by modoran)
How do I add commas?

lol this sounds silly but how do I add commas like when the program is excuting the user have to enter something in there with a comma. EDIT: *SIGH*...... IS T...
[9 replies] Last: Damn..... I haven't learn about "String". Maybe this is a great time t... (by DetectiveRawr)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.