Beginners - July 2012 (Page 15)

Alternative to system("Pause");

I spent about and hour reading past topics in the forum, and yes I know this is a sore point. So as a beginner, I would like to get it right from the start. I u...
[9 replies] Last: Oops! Not the old system("CLS"); again LOL (by Vagabond)
by sanu
how to read files from the subdirectories

Hi all!>. I have having trouble again to open the files that are saved in sub directories of my project..Pls assist. Thank you.
[5 replies] Last: THanks all. (by sanu)
Program skipping cin

I am having a problem with my program skipping the second part of the cin. It works up until line 17 and then after you enter your first name it just couts Ente...
[8 replies] Last: I'm not sure there's any need for file input/output in this. (by Moschops)
by watiss
variable type?

Hello, I've started C++ programming not more than a couple of days ago... and there is a question I cannot find any answer to on the web, so I thoght of posti...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you all for the replies. Honestly it still isn't what I looked f... (by watiss)
by krok
Not an lvalue error

Hi, I am a beginner in c++ and trying to learn the language through practice. I am getting this error "Expression must be a modifiable lvalue" for one of my ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot Peter! Much appreciated. (by krok)
Encode Char to UTF8

Hi!. My question is simple. I need to encode a char array like "áéí" in UTF8. For example 'á' must be converted to "á" Thanks in advance!
[11 replies] Last: I'm using vs 2008 win32. You need more info? Thanks in advance (by Javi OD)
creating bidirectional iterator

I have searched the internet and have found no good examples. With the only examples that I did find stated that this is not part of the standard and that it w...
[9 replies] Last: > I thought I read somewhere that Iterator_Traits was the old method t... (by JLBorges)
What data type do I use for decimals?

average = sum / 2; cout << "Average is: " << average << endl; For example, if I put the sum of 3 and 2 and its 5. The average answer will be 2... I want...
[3 replies] Last: I'm a noob.... derp (by DetectiveRawr)
by kgoose
file i/o

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { //init var string name; char ad...
[6 replies] Last: This is my last resort I would rather figure it out myself than to ask... (by kgoose)
Can't Get Answer to Output!

So the problem is to input a roman numeral and output its decimal. I wrote a function with all of the parameters, and I can get the roman numeral input, but I ...
[no replies]
string subscript out of range

I'm writing a program where I can input a board from http://www.vivalagames.com/play/reactioneffect/fullscreen.php and it'll run through all moves and give me t...
[2 replies] Last: That's got it, thanks for the help. (by bhazothemad)
Spammer

How can i make a C++ programm (spammer) without GUI that write an entered text in a textbox and simulate an enter pressure? Please explain everything very exact...
[7 replies] Last: Okay but i need an example and an explain. (by closed account N0qDjE8b)
please help![

Hello. I was working on this problem, and I need help debugging it. the problem is: "Broken Necklace" "You have a necklace of N red, white, or blue beads ...
[1 reply] : sorry, i had too many characters, but my code is: #include <fstream>... (by regiice9)
How to use constructor of class A as part of constructor in class B?

Is this possible? Didnt find any good answer on the net :( Cheers, Tobias class A { private: // some variables public: A() { day = 1; ...
[16 replies] Last: thank you for your help! It was appreciated. (by timeout2575)
by olli
Smaller if else code?

I'm in the process of teaching myself C++ with the book Accelerated C++, on chapter 3. But I was wondering if I could shorten this if else code. Is there a simp...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks everyone. i forgot about the && operator. I won't make that sam... (by olli)
Locating Libraries

I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio. One version recognizes my #include <iostream>, while the other one gives me a linkin error. Visual studio 10 is ...
[no replies]
Input Integer/Character

There is this problem I've been having, and I wrote some example code for it: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int x; wh...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, you understand it correctly. Although, it's not so much a "breakd... (by KRAkatau)
File Exist Command Line

i just want to know, is there a command line in C++ language (i know, "command line") that can check that if a file exist and if it does, it will do "something"...
[2 replies] Last: access(filename, F_OK); //unistd.h If you are going to open it, you... (by ne555)
by Ch1156
Map

Im trying to make a map with a moveabe character but as you can see i have no idea what im doing, i actually just dont know where to begin D: #include <io...
[4 replies] Last: Nah, i just need to be shown the proper way to do it and i'll get it, ... (by Ch1156)
Input Validation Homework Help

Hi everyone, I am currently working on a homework assignment for my starting out in C++ class and am having a hard time either with the format of the loops I...
[1 reply] : Write pseudocode, I'll show you the syntax. (by ne555)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.