Beginners - July 2012 (Page 14)

ATM Problem HELP PLEASE ASAP, I have deadline tomorrow morning.

So i'm still in the process in making this program working by tomorrow morning. Basically this is how to show the functionality of an ATM Machine and so far th...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Texan40]putting 'void selectMenu();' inside the do loop is wron... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by mgbuhj
if/else/logic problems & compilation errors c2181 & c1075

Hello, I am a beginning C++ student who needs help with a program. I'm trying to make a program where the user inputs the price of an item they are buying, pay...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Stewbond! That fixed it :) (by mgbuhj)
Expected primary-expression before "..."

Hi, I'm new to c++ and I was practicing with using prototypes and calling functions by writing a simple little program to calculate the perimeter of a rectangle...
[2 replies] Last: That worked! Thank you for your assistance!. (by Enzotic)
Book with c++ problems?

Hello, i have learned a decent amount of c++ and i think it's time for me to solve some problems. I have searched for good threads with problems and found a...
[no replies]
Swapping elements in a link list.

The code below is working fine. I m just concerned if some improvement can be made. Below code swaps one element with its next element and position of first el...
[no replies]
What else I should add into my calculator!?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int int1,int2,product,sum,division,large,small,subtract; double average; cout << "Enter the 1st intege...
[7 replies] Last: @Stewbond: Thanks mate! (by DetectiveRawr)
string and class header file

How come when i try to compile this program im writing i get string does not name a type? the program is just a simple program where someone enters a the player...
[7 replies] Last: Removed the using stuff. Stick with explicit qualification (std::stri... (by moorecm)
by dancks
orbiting planet simulation gets stuck?

So, just screwing around as I like to do I wanted to create a planet orbiting simulation. Not simply going in a circle I know how to do that (x(t)=di*cos(t), y(...
[4 replies] Last: It definitely move farther, its get stuck at 12:00 instead of 6:00. Al... (by dancks)
Error: Missing subscript

Why does the error actually mean in the code: void mat(int matrix ); But there's no error for this code: void mat(int matrix ); Whats the techn...
[7 replies] Last: Not really, no. The array size stated here is not used. (by kbw)
I suspect problems with typecasting!

This is my code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Tobi { private: int Kons1; int Kons2; int RT; int IT; public: Tobi(i...
[5 replies] Last: I played around with it and luckily had the file around. This has you... (by kbw)
What is this error

Ok, I am getting an error stating that Error 1 error C1075: end of file found before the left brace '{' at ' was matched c Would someone please tell me what I...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by Diana Magers)
For loops help?

I am trying to write a program that prompts the user for a word; called SEARCH. Then begin reading words from the user, counting them until SEARCH is entered. D...
[3 replies] Last: for(;;) { cin >> wordFromUser; numberOfWordsEnteredSoFar++; if ... (by Moschops)
Find first word in array

Hi I have a little problem. I have an character array (256 characters), which can be any text inside. Now I would like to determine the length of the first wor...
[11 replies] Last: I think simplest to use peek(): char words ; // store ten words wit... (by Lowest0ne)
what is wrong with printf

what am i doing wrong? i am just changing the position of printf arguments and %s is not reading the string it the first code. #include <stdio.h> #include <s...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks again everyone for great explanation. that really helped me a l... (by time to c)
by p38fln
Null result from SQL causing error

I'm not good at all with C++ - I'm trying to teach it to myself using some real life examples where I work. So, I'm trying to make a simple console program th...
[7 replies] Last: Thought i had it but i just realized i had added a ; to an if statemen... (by p38fln)
Constructor Access Specifer level

hi, What level of access specifer do C++ programmers put constructors? Public or private? Like this code for example, the access specifer is public, is th...
[5 replies] Last: thanks for the quick responses everyone! and computer geek i know the ... (by killertcell)
If statement not working

I'm working on a program that will take the first 3 characters of the users name and the last 2 characters name and combine them to make their star wars name. I...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the help. That worked. Now, I can't figure out how to ju... (by BroncoAG)
Basic ATM Problem, NEED HELP PLEASE

So I have this laboratory problem in my programming class and I can't seem to get what to do here. There are already some codes given but I don't know how to su...
[5 replies] Last: /* * Programmer: BretaƱa, Fidel Jhon A. * Date Created: 7/17/2012 * T... (by fidelers23)
help please

/*********************** Lauren Buecker Assignment 7 ***********************/ #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main()...
[4 replies] Last: I assume your question is how to /* Write an output statement to ou... (by moritzg)
Easier way to check if expression is true?

There has to be an easier way to do this. Like instead of: if(player == array && player == array [x+1]) We should be able to do this: if(p...
[4 replies] Last: The short answer is no, however, I would question your data organizati... (by AbstractionAnon)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.