Beginners - January 2019 (Page 12)

ERROR: expected primary expression before '*' token

Hey guys, on the line 41 "if(volume_box(BOX *box)>1000)", of my code, I get an error "expected primary expression before '*' token". Could somebody please help ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much Grunalin. It works perfectly now. (by polishprogrammer88)
Can't cout an array

Hi I've made the array cs1 to be equal to array cs. But I cant get the output. The compiler tells that there is a problem at this line: cout << cs; So what is ...
[1 reply] : There is no overloads of operator << for std::array. If you want to p... (by Peter87)
inversion pair in merge sort

im learning merge sort, and trying to find the inversion pair using merge sort. so far i trace this code and correctly return the inversion every times it merg...
[no replies]
Cant cout an array

Hi I've made the array cs1 to be equal to array cs. But I cant get the output. The compiler tells that there is a problem at this line: cout << cs; So what is ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> int main() { const int array = { 12, 45, 6... (by JLBorges)
by kanken
Chef and Matching Game

https://www.codechef.com/JAN19B/problems/MATCHIT The link is the question for an on going contest on codechef Im not able to understand the question or the ...
[1 reply] : it is quite clear you have to pair up points into m pairs such that th... (by blackmamba)
DISTINCT PAIRS (1,2)

Chef has two integer sequences A1,A2,…,AN and B1,B2,…,BM. You should choose N+M−1 pairs, each in the form (Ax,By), such that the sums Ax+By are all pairwi...
[28 replies] Last: see the thing that they are pairwise distint is that they are "unique"... (by LordRiddle)
float

hi everyone. can someone tell me what does mean float..?
[6 replies] Last: Code::Blocks is a similar program that is substantially smaller. Don'... (by mbozzi)
by rausch
Calculate interest

Please, the question below is only what I can do. I need a help. Calculate compound interest month to month, from the years 2010 to 2011, on the value of the m...
[1 reply] : Look at using a loop, you very close I think from what I see for (int... (by Grunalin)
visual studio

hello! I just want to ask that is it worth to use microsoft visual express as a beginning?
[1 reply] : It more than good enough, infact I would say it better as a lot of tut... (by Grunalin)
File outputs strange characters

Hello. I have recently been working with files, and the console outputs strange characters upon compilation. The file also outputs the wrong size of my text fil...
[4 replies] Last: I didn't even notice at first that the program was printing the buffer... (by dutch)
consults on interpretation of the problem

i'd like to know if I have managed solve the problem regarding to the wording On the other hand, to comment how it would be optimized this solution or to be si...
[5 replies] Last: [quote ]AbstractionAnon (6225) beautiful way to solve, but not unde... (by luciusFernatore)
by Tduck
NCURSES- Arrow keys not detected?

Within my code, there is a point where I am trying to see which arrow key a person pressed. No matter which key I press, the result is always default. I have...
[10 replies] Last: characters ARE integers. input should probably have been char or unsi... (by jonnin)
Quantile of F-distribution

Hello! I have boost libraries and I need quantile of F-distribution. But unfortunatelty I've havent found an example of it on the internet. As for the normal ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <boost/math/distributions/fisher_f.hpp> ... (by lastchance)
Ludo game on c++

I have 1 week guys. I need your help. I am making a game called ludo using c++. These are game instructions. https://www.mastersofgames.com/rules/ludo-rules-ins...
[10 replies] Last: its been almost two weeks, I hope he/she got on well (by closed account 367kGNh0)
Broken tanh function

Hello guys! I dont really know what is that but with 3/10 it gives the incorrect output 0. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <cmath> #include...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. I've understood the error in my main code (by Alex009988)
please help me for fix errors in the multi choise question programming

please help me for fix errors in the multi choise question programming . please please
[3 replies] Last: Please DON'T delete things from your question after you've received an... (by MikeyBoy)
Lucky Number Problem

Can somebody give better approach to solve this problem?.I am getting TLE. https://www.codechef.com/JAN19B/problems/HP18 int bob(long long int r ,int t,int...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=shubhum]can't we just take all multiples of bob lucky number an... (by Browni3141)
by Grime
Will C++ code be compiled differently on different computers? (1,2)

Will standard C++ code always be portable? Will something compiled on one system to be very efficient on that system be very very inefficient on some other syst...
[39 replies] Last: Still though do any C++ books talk about how to compile applications ... (by mbozzi)
Create a matrix of size m x n so that the neighbours of each cell have distinct values and the max value in this matrix is min (1,2)

Write your question here. Example - if n = 2 and m = 3: 1 1 2 2 3 3 Here every immediate neighbour of each cell has distinct values and the maximum value use...
[22 replies] Last: yeah thanks got AC. (by damphy)
kth smallest segment containing a number

Question- https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/data-structures/trees/binary-search-tree/practice-problems/algorithm/suarez/description/ Issue- Solved u...
[4 replies] Last: I am getting so many memory limit exceeded. It's strange. #include<i... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
January 2019 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 17
  Archived months: [dec2018] [feb2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.