Beginners - January 2015 (Page 32)

What makes people think c++ is so hard

Im aware that no programming language is easy, but why do people say c++ is so hard. I'm 14 and have been tinkering with it for a while and find the syntax rela...
[4 replies] Last: In comparison to a language like Python, one may say so. The language ... (by Aceix)
Filestream issues

Edit, part one of my problem was solved, but not part two, and I also have a couple questions about it. First, how can I set a filepath for saving/loading file...
[3 replies] Last: Bump, edited the opening post with a couple questions. (by DarkLightHitomi)
Reverse function

Hello, I had this exercise: Write a function that reverses the order of elements in a vector<int>. For example, 1,3,5,7,9 becomes 9,7,5,3,1. The function...
[1 reply] : Two variables one starts at 0 the other starts at v.size()-1 whil... (by kevinkjt2000)
Array printing

I have posted the same thing before but it wasn't clear, I apologize for that. But can someone tell me why is Print_B printing gibberish? #include <ios...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, problem solved (by rjghoul)
by nads
binary operator + , = overloading with const

I am learning C++ concepts and would highly appreciate any help with explanation. Why statement 4 is not compiling but statement 1 is. class X { publi...
[2 replies] Last: You assume right-associativity, but remember this is not the same oper... (by tipaye)
Need some McGraw-Hill C++ books?

Hello! The book that I had bought, "OOP with E Balagurusamy", assumption on the book was that I had already know some C (which I was absolutely not), and I am s...
[8 replies] Last: "thinking in C++ volume 1" by Bruce Eckel is available both in print a... (by tipaye)
How do i list the last 6 recent transactions?

This is the piece of code that I am struggling on, I want the case 2 to be able to read in the last 6 recent transactions but not from the text file they are re...
[1 reply] : you'll need to keep a track of transactions in a collection like a vec... (by mutexe)
Function overloading + structures

It won't output the void add(); #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<string> #include<string> #include<conio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #defin...
[5 replies] Last: idk. i'm completely noob at programming so i don't know what i am doin... (by Vandalism)
nested for loops - multiplication table

It is for your benefit // Q(2) - (18 marks) // nested for loops - multiplication table (1 to 5) #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namesp...
[no replies]
abstract baseclass, polymorphismn

Hi guys, i am playing a little bit with polymorphic design and pure virtual methods. i have a abstract base class as follow: class CCodec { publ...
[2 replies] Last: When overriding a virtual function, favour using the override specifi... (by JLBorges)
delete[] question

If I declare an array in a class with float* arrlist; arrlist = new float ; and run through a loop assigning values in the array, do I have to delete ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=Spikerocks101] int * foo = new int ; delete foo; // will kill ... (by cire)
Tips to make my program faster?

Hello I need a few tips to make my program faster. It is using the SFML FTP library to connect to a FTP server, but my application needs to do intensive task...
[2 replies] Last: This is really what a profiler is for. They're a pain to use, but noth... (by Duthomhas)
by Jun77
issue in double linklist

what is the problm in this code,,, gives me error at Modify function, #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<cstdlib> #include<windows.h> #include<...
[1 reply] : If you bother yourself to indent your code properly, you'll see mismat... (by ne555)
by MrGoat
I think I am having trouble moving a string value from one array to another.

Currently teaching myself c++ by working though Jumping into C++. The problem that has me stuck currently is entering and keeping track of high scores. Part of...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for help. (by MrGoat)
Help with basic GUIs

I'm learning how to use SDL to, for right now, just print a square. It compiles, but the problem is, the console immediately closes down. I've tried using cin.i...
[11 replies] Last: maybe try seeing it to like 5000 miliseconds instead of 2000. should n... (by Hambone)
by SkyZ
Average output is wrong help!

Hey all, i have a program here where I take in 4 test scores and drop them. then the letter grade is based off the average. Average 1 and average 5 work fine bu...
[6 replies] Last: U said is not enough for 4 students but i thought that the "0" elem... (by dhayden)
Copy array function

Hello. I have write a function that copies array A into array B such that, the first column of array A is copied into the first row of array B, and the seco...
[11 replies] Last: Please indent your code. It will make it much more readable. Here is ... (by dhayden)
std_lib_facilities.h errors

hi all, this is my first post! i have been struggling with this issue for 2 days now, im using stroustrup's second edition and trying to use the header std_li...
[4 replies] Last: right so after a long time and rather slow broadband, i now have visua... (by tommyd345)
what am i doing wrong?

getting "expected unqualified id before ' ' token" #include<stdio.h> struct x{ int a,b,c; }; int main(){ struct x a; struct x b; struct x c; ...
[4 replies] Last: struct xeh{ int a,b,c; }e,f,g; int main(){ e.a = 0; f.b = 1; g.... (by mightymeowth)
portaccount.txt file wont edit, i cant find where i am going wrong.

In this program when I withdraw money I want the PortAccount.txt to change to the new value of when money has been withdrawn, however it changes in the program ...
[2 replies] Last: it all runs smoothly but the txt file wont change its value, theres a ... (by DriftKing13)
January 2015 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 39
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.