Beginners - January 2015 (Page 23)

Programming exercise with dynamic arrays.

I'm trying desperately to solve a programming exercise, but I keep getting stuck every time. Here is the problem... The history teacher at your school needs ...
[9 replies] Last: Oh no no, I didn't mean it like that. I was just happy to see progress... (by herooftime1000)
file input/output

I am working on an assignment in which the user enters a file name and the program will print out a table containing each number found, what that number is squa...
[1 reply] : Well first things first, you are not even calling your function, doub... (by Anthony5347)
Question about process

I have an assignment to work on that I am not sure how to complete, and the instructor isn't giving me any help to explain what exactly he wants(frustrating). E...
[2 replies] Last: I have figured that with the stringstream I am able to read in the inf... (by DEnumber50)
by Fonon
Array problems

I'm stuck on the beginner exercise: Pancake Glutton (http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/). currently reading http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/...
[3 replies] Last: are they easier to use when handling this type of code?. They make ha... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Torm04
Array help

Hello, I am nearly finished with this assignment, except, for the part where I need to get the letter grade. I have an array that stores each of the scores for ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much for the answer coder777. I got it finished. THANKS (by Torm04)
Exit program by user input

Hi Guys, I'm half way through writing a program that requites the user to terminate at any point if they enter "999" I know its fairly straight forward bu...
[2 replies] Last: Before advising you, I'd like to know how you are getting the user's i... (by koothkeeper)
Help with using true or false "if and else" statements.

Hi there, essentially what I'm trying to do is set it up where I ask a true or false question and if the answer isn't true then it will continue to ask another ...
[2 replies] Last: First of all line 5 needs a ; after the a . Second your declaratio... (by DEnumber50)
goto instead of try and catch

Does anyone know how does the C++ exception handling with throw and catch differ from goto to the catch clause? or can we replace try catch with goto?
[4 replies] Last: Internally (underneath) there are a number of different ways to implem... (by Duthomhas)
Do I need to delete pointer which don't use dynamic memory?

Do I need to delete pointer which don't use dynamic memory(new)? // my first pointer #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int f...
[1 reply] : No. Don't call delete on something you didn't call new on. (by mutexe)
Interfacing with Excel and Access

Does anyone have experience with interfacing with Excel and Access in a C++ program. I need to get some data from an Access data base automatically; if I were t...
[2 replies] Last: You might want to look into COM. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29... (by mutexe)
by Life24
Error when free allocated memory

Hi,When i want free allocated memory, I have the below error. http://8pic.ir/images/51sfp5lehymrwyqardxu.jpg #include <iostream> using namespace std; str...
[7 replies] Last: You're welcome! (by MikeyBoy)
by Life24
Exe file

Hi, If write a program and create exe file, so this exe file can run on any computer?
[4 replies] Last: It's way more complicated then that. As the author\programmer of the a... (by Computergeek01)
template problem

What is wrong with this code ?? temp.h class temp { public: temp(); ~temp(); template <class T> void func(T &param); }; temp.cpp #inc...
[6 replies] Last: ok, I did forget an #include shame on me ... temp.h template <ty... (by skorefish)
webcam

i was wondering how to get access to the web cam and display it in a window #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> using namespace std; int main(...
[3 replies] Last: I have never used opencv before, but I did find some code that opens a... (by kevinkjt2000)
Help me

How can i review my Order List to my receipt please help me !!! please fix my errors. Thank You; ! #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> #include<io...
[8 replies] Last: I've already pointed out the first set of errors in your code. that wo... (by mutexe)
flag variables and break statement question.

I am going through my C++ book and got caught off guard here and was wondering if someone can explain the following: 1. What exactly is a (flag) variable. 2. T...
[2 replies] Last: Hey firedraco, Thank you for clarifying. The wording through me off a... (by closed account jh5jz8AR)
Run time check failure #3. The variable 'myguess' is being used without being initialized

I am very very new to C++ and am trying to make a program which allows users to shuffle a deck of cards nd then if they match the two letters by picking two num...
[1 reply] : First, use int main() instead of void main() . Your program is you... (by firedraco)
Problem in making a Dungeon Crawl game

Hi everyone, I made a Dungeon Crawl game with C++, and i got some problems. 1. I made the traps which moves randomly, but they moves in the same direction. ...
[3 replies] Last: Got it, Thank you Peter!!!! (by aryue1945)
Vector Help

I'm trying to write a program that works as a login system. - One user is pre-made in the code - Through the GUI, that user can make other users and give them '...
[13 replies] Last: I'm just gonna read through the tutorials a few times. Thanks for all ... (by Tenom722)
finding a prime number

hello, so part of my assignment is to call for a prime number using a bool function. Here's what i have so far. I know what the problem is with my function, b...
[1 reply] : This is a basic algorythm to find a prime number: #include <iostream> ... (by coder777)
January 2015 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 39
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.