Beginners - January 2015 (Page 18)

Undefined Reference, linker error

I am an absolute beginner. This is my first C++ code. Taking from the default project in Dev C++, youtube tutorials, and some intuition, I came up with the si...
[2 replies] Last: My apologies. I assumed that it was still a beginners question. (by gravedigger2469)
Unexpected arguments in a function

Hello, I'm studying C++ by two months using the book : Programming principles and practice using C++, at chapter 5 (the chapter about errors) the author explain...
[1 reply] : He's just saying (in a very silly way in my opinion, if they are his w... (by mutexe)
multimap/multiset

Hi all, I got a problem with my IDEs I can't use any of these files #include <multimap> #include <multiset> previously I could use these files succ...
[2 replies] Last: Ooh thank you very much @kevin, I must be sooo damn outdated . I hadn'... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
I want to learn how to use C++ language

Write your question here. hello everyone im new to C++ language but i have i few idea about it so please help me! learn all i want to learn on C++ thank yo...
[2 replies] Last: you may want to check this site's tutorial. you can also have a C++ Bo... (by xenovia12)
by Life24
Return array of pointer

Hi, I have array of struct. I want return pointer of multiple from elements of array. For example: I have twenty element in array and each element is struct. I ...
[8 replies] Last: If the output vector is a parameter, then it has to be a reference pa... (by dhayden)
Decimal to base conversion code assistance

I need to create a base conversion program. It needs to accept any input and base and output the number converted to the other base form. For example, I input 4...
[4 replies] Last: The easiest way is to use a C string. Create char array to store the r... (by dhayden)
by avidak
Please help guys :)

Hey everyone, I'm new to C++, and keep getting stuck with this in Inheritance. #include <iostream> #include <string> class Employee { protected: ...
[6 replies] Last: Thx very much for your time and help Kevin. (by avidak)
by h4ever
why strtok changes original string?

I write function to find out how many occurrences are in string. I use strtok function as I don't know other way how to do it. Now I notices that the strtok rep...
[8 replies] Last: MiiNiPa: I have notice the problem later, when I finished interaction ... (by h4ever)
pointer arithmetic

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) { std::string words; std::string *ptr = &words; std::cin >> *ptr; --ptr; std::cin >> *ptr; keep_window_open(); } first ...
[9 replies] Last: Lets put it this way: You are about to receive a packet with million d... (by keskiverto)
by hamxa
C++

Hi I have created a program but i'm stuck in one thing that if press 1 then the new windows is open and the existing one is close and also how to return to main...
[1 reply] : Use code tags please Your indentation is killing. #include <iostream... (by shadowCODE)
Issue with sample code in C++

I'm still new to C++, so I don't know a great deal about the language or it's features. I bought a book called C++ Primer 5th edition released (I believe) in 20...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you jlb. You are a true gentleman and a scholar (by Braksnen)
Problems with strings and spaces

Hello, I've been trying to program a simple encryptor but i have some problems with the C-strings and spaces, can you help me find the mistake, because i can't...
[4 replies] Last: I did it that way because the code was getting reaaaally long, and it ... (by Fedelway)
by Tili
C code problem Help

Hello guys, I can not understand why it doesn't working. I would like some help from you folks. thank you for your time. I'd appreciate any help given. #i...
[4 replies] Last: While I agree about asking the person that wrote the code, there is ac... (by jlb)
string to byte ?

Hi, Look my code and tell me if there is a more correct way to do the same. I need to type 4 byte hex, for example, 0x10, 0x20, 0x30 and 0x40. I'm using scan...
[1 reply] : I'm using scanf, Why are you using C-stdio functions in this C++ pro... (by jlb)
IntelliSense Error.

//If you don't want the story, see problem Hi everyone been creeping on the Forums for about 4 days now. Haven't done C++ since High School and a friend spark...
[2 replies] Last: This is the final code if anyone were following this. #include <ios... (by YodaCode)
C++11 primer 5edition page 166 excese practice

As the title,here is the code for the practice,the program should do as follows: if you input: we we how how how cow cow you,it show cout---how :3,...
[1 reply] : Please type your question better. It is not clear what you are trying... (by kevinkjt2000)
bubble sort for a code

Write your question here. i need to add a bubble sort to this code and i coudn't do it,please a save from someone i need it in two and half hours from now T...
[4 replies] Last: i have tried now to put it in the code without any success, sorry bro ... (by avishalev)
how to load a websites after a specific amount of time

say i have 3 websites in my program and i want to open first website then after 10 seconds second website will be opened automatically.also after 10 seconds thi...
[9 replies] Last: Have you tried using Spy++ to verify the window handle? http://msdn.mi... (by kevinkjt2000)
exceptions

p= new (nothrow) int ; if (p == nullptr) cout << "Error: memory could not be allocated"; nothrow is an exception that will handle the p if it doesn...
[4 replies] Last: okay. thank you going to read it. (by xenovia12)
Help. Pointers problem. How to show addresses of each element of an char,string array

Hello, Problem: i think i do not grasp all the tricks of a pointer. So, i need some help please. I want to see the address of char type and string type data, p...
[3 replies] Last: The whole concept of using plain array of strings is very strange. Th... (by keskiverto)
January 2015 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 39
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.