Beginners - January 2015 (Page 17)

by AVM8
How to make 3 classes in one .h file?

Here is the question. Write THREE (3) classes in a file named hidden.h, where class footballer functions as a base class, while class divisionOne and class ...
[7 replies] Last: Your divisionTwo class doesn't have a base class? Think (by ajh32)
Lvalue Required Error

Can someone explain why "p=ch" gives an error: Lvalue Required in the following code. Also, What should be done to remove the error. I use Borland C++ Versi...
[1 reply] : You have a very old C++ compiler which is non-standard and riddled wit... (by MiiNiPaa)
using IO library condition state

Hi, guys. I was just now reading about IO library condition state and it says in my textbook that you can actually reset all condition of an IO type object to v...
[4 replies] Last: Get it, thanks a lot. (by glenjoker)
Why does std::fill erase my array?

Why does std::fill erase my array? The following code returns: sizeof 4 sizeof 0 Why is the size of my array suddenly 0 after filling it with zeros? I was usin...
[4 replies] Last: I came up with this solution that uses vectors instead of arrays: s... (by TommyCarstensen)
Need help guys

Hello guys.I have a small problem.I want to store a value on a letter(cin>>Xa;).After that I have an equation and instead of typing the number again,I want to t...
[1 reply] : You can use something like a map to store relations between letters an... (by MiiNiPaa)
Calculations and programming?

So I need help with this assignment, I'm seriously stuck on what to do. If someone could code it for me that would be great. I want to make a program that p...
[1 reply] : Please note, that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewo... (by keskiverto)
by lekha
Help plz

This is a code for snake game using dev c++. now i would like to know how can i create: - a new snake (2nd snake) which eats the apple(so called apple) on its ...
[no replies]
someone help me!!1

Write your question here. hey..! every i need your help with this program .... i need to write a program that finds the smallest among the five integers i...
[2 replies] Last: how can we HELP you without seeing your code? (by xenovia12)
I need some help for school

Write your question here. I need help for one of my classes. I am supposed to write a binary search function. My professor gave me a file to start with. #i...
[2 replies] Last: yeah I know how to call the function but when I do it doesn't pass any... (by zedidiah)
No idea what is wrong??

I cant find any error with this~ I give me an infinite output~.... template <typename T> struct Node{ T info; Node<T>* next; }; template <typename T> bo...
[1 reply] : > give me an infinite output ¿output? ¿where are you printing anythi... (by ne555)
Extraction Operator using

I want to read these numbers in my program, so i wrote my code:
[1 reply] : I think you might want to repost your "code" (by Bdanielz)
Pls need help urgently!

I am a beginner in c++ and recently came across this problem I would like to solve. Write a program that will read in a persons first and last name and 3 tes...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much I got it now.... (by christina11)
How can I read and process data from a .txt file in c++ ?

Hi guys, I'm a beginner in c++ and have relatively litle knowledge. So I would like to ask you if somebody can help me with my task. I hace to read data from...
[2 replies] Last: #include <string> #include <fstream> std::ifstream in("myfile.txt");... (by DexterMorgan)
How to convert into error handling~

how to convert if (!(istringstream (s) >> n )) that part into error handling try throw catch format? #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <st...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ios/ios/exceptions/ you could crea... (by ne555)
Question about using templates

Hey Guys, Thanks in advance for looking at my question. So I'm trying to learn C++ and I'm working on templates. I created a simple linked list class and tes...
[1 reply] : > Any help getting my example code to work would be appreciated. first... (by ne555)
Please help with simple accumulators.....

Hello: New here, so thanks for any advise on this.... I have a program due by midnite, and having issues with these simple accumulators. Program is to re...
[3 replies] Last: That fixed it....Thanks again. rh (by nikonrick)
Aborting an else?

Basically so far my code doesnt abort if the password is incorrect, the count down timer does work however #include <iostream> #include <string> #includ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you peter (by seanjordon)
else, else if and if

Hey im having a bit of trouble here im pretty sure you guys can see what im trying to do and this is the firt bit im stuck on. So far i have covered: Lesson...
[12 replies] Last: cout << "Quiting in 5 seconds" << endl; cout.flush(); You don't ne... (by dhayden)
How to initialise Const global variables based on input?

I have a few variables (say var1, var2, var 3), which I want to be const, and whose value should be set based on some input file. Earlier, I had just hardco...
[10 replies] Last: > But if I understood correctly, I need not use const double var1 = re... (by JLBorges)
C++ HELP!

I am a beginner in C++ coding and need some help. This first part is given and I will post what I wrote after. I have the complete program listed below and ke...
[12 replies] Last: The syntax error reads: Lab 2.cpp(39): error C2059: syntax error : ';... (by kevinkjt2000)
January 2015 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 39
  Archived months: [dec2014] [feb2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.