Beginners - January 2013 (Page 36)

by jimctr
Structure within classes

I created a class, Ballistics, and inside this class I created a series of setters and getters and main function. There is a two dimensional array which I dec...
[2 replies] Last: multidimensional arrays http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/17108/... (by ne555)
by COM314
string not recognized as declaration

It almost seems to be being recognized as a char. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> us...
[2 replies] Last: I hope you know that this while(d = "y") is an assignment not a comp... (by vlad from moscow)
Initializing

How to initialize a declared string object to hold nine empty/blank spaces?
[1 reply] : If you mean std::string then std::string s( 9, ' ' ); If you mean... (by vlad from moscow)
error expected 'while' before numeric constant.

// calc5_cpp // #include <string> #include <conio.h> #include <iostream> main() { float cr,dr; float Bank = 3500.00 cha...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you again Vlad I have made a copy of your prog. It will be a bi... (by deltadog)
Starting your project?

Hello fellow programmers, I would just like to know what sort of things should I be doing before i fire up my IDE and start coding. I'm from a web design bac...
[no replies]
Looking for a mentor

I am looking for someone to teach me everything they know about C++ programming. I am wanting to make C++ My first fully known programming language. I have take...
[3 replies] Last: Try and learn yourself. Everyone here is glad to help you. (and they r... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Re-identifying an integer's value in a for loop?

Is it bad to identify an integer's value and then re-identify it in a for loop? I always fear unidentified variables and I dint know whether this will cause me ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you. (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Reading from a file.

Hi, I'm trying to read some lines of text from a file. This is the code that I've got so far, it seems to be working apart from the fact it only reads the first...
[4 replies] Last: Not exactly a tutorial, but the reference section lists the various fu... (by Chervil)
VS2010 hates me

Edit: Forgot to open the file as binary... grr I have this code: bool Model::read(std::ifstream& input){ unsigned int count = 0; READ(amtVertices)...
[no replies]
remove duplicates from 2d array

hi, i have a 2d string array string array ; . For the elements array i have duplicate values. I would like to create a new array taking-copying only th...
[3 replies] Last: I was bored and created a sample program: #include <iostream> #includ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with if and else statements

Hello again, I need help with exercise 3.11 in the book programming: Principles and practice using c++... the task is to write a program that outputs the am...
[4 replies] Last: sound vald, worked a treat :) (by aaronie)
Help with simple code.

Hello, working through Bjarne Stroustrup: Programming, Principles and Practice using C++. One of the problems in chapter 6 is to simply open a program he has al...
[6 replies] Last: Hi GMPoison, i'm also a beginner in c++, it's my first programming lan... (by IronmanCro)
Taxes and Functions

Well my job was to create a program that would get the gross pay, taxes and net pay based on the following info; $10/hr, Overtime(excess of 40 hrs: $15/hr, 15%t...
[2 replies] Last: You are right about how the tax is counted, and I will work on fixing ... (by El zorro Gris)
find maximum number in arrays

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { float array ; float max=0; cout<<"Enter 20 numbers : "<<endl; for (int i=0; i<20; i++) ...
[4 replies] Last: if (array <array ) { max=arra... (by cire)
by tmarie
Using fabs for double and integers.

Hello, I was trying to create a generic class and I wanted to know if the fabs() can be applied on both floating point and integer values? Please advise. ...
[4 replies] Last: The problem is that if you have an overloaded function and you pass a ... (by Peter87)
csv parser, skip first line

goodday!! i'm using the following code to parse a csv file and store the values in a 2d array: class Row { public: int flows_len; /...
[3 replies] Last: ok, my mistake, i 've put it in main(), before the function call and g... (by drazenmozart)
looping days

how i want to get Enter days : 75 Equivalent to... WEEK DAY ---- --- 10 5 here is my code (i think it broken already) #include ...
[2 replies] Last: the reason is to apply usage of looping. but in the end, i manage to g... (by muhammad92)
Math behind creating a hexagon??

I am working on a program that draws a hexagonal grid to the screen. Here is an image of basically how you'd draw an accurate hexagon if you were doing it on p...
[5 replies] Last: I tested the above algorithm, it seems pretty good, though I found it ... (by Chervil)
Visual C++ Express Unhandled Excpetion

Well I'm working on a little game called Kyden which is posted under Minecraftforums.com my code won't compile because a Unhandled Exception error. I'm really g...
[19 replies] Last: I typed bump so the topic didn't die off. I know what you are saying n... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
calculating difference in timing in dynamic and static binding

consider the code bellow #include<iostream> #include<ctime> #include<boost/progress.hpp> using namespace std; class parent { public: virtual ...
[5 replies] Last: would the way we create object's i.e in stack or heap, affect the way ... (by Hema mathavan)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 3435363738... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.