Beginners - January 2013 (Page 34)

weird

what is the program was? i really did not understand it ==" #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int number, value=0, x=2; c...
[3 replies] Last: I would have said a=b assigns the value of b to the variable a . ... (by Chervil)
C++

How to write a program that converts miles per hour to feet per second.
[5 replies] Last: Enter the number of miles. 10 The number ofmiles per hour is 0 The nu... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
is there a function like sizeof that can be used at run time not compile time?

I am trying to make a program that reads several (lets say eight) bytes from a file into an array but what if there is only a few bytes left (lets say three)? ...
[6 replies] Last: It might help to clarify the question if you could provide a sample of... (by Chervil)
by killrj
loading data from a text file

hey guys, hope you guys could help me. i need to load data from a text file i was able to load data separated by commas "," using this code: st...
[4 replies] Last: great explanation aceix! thanks a lot ill try to go from there to solv... (by killrj)
by JakOrp
trying to return to a selection input request (switch loop)

Hi i have a program that calculates volume of shapes, my problem is that after it has calculated the volume, i want it to return to the selection 'menu' to perf...
[6 replies] Last: Try system( "cls" ); (by vlad from moscow)
My first usefull program.

Hi, I'm fairly new to c++ so I'm looking for some constructive criticism on my first "real" program i've created! I watch a lot of TV series and cant keep tr...
[18 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4z18T05o/ (by tntxtnt)
Stuff

What does getline do?
[1 reply] : A better question would be what does Google do? http://www.cplusplus.... (by IceThatJaw)
by lmsmi1
C++ FPS

I am creating a first-person shooter in C++. I need some help with the following topics: 1) Which 3D graphics lib to choose for an FPS game. 2) How to load ...
[5 replies] Last: Look into using Ogre3D or the CryEngine. I would actually recommend tr... (by IceThatJaw)
if/else

Write an if/else structure that prints the word complete to the screen if the variable named percent_complete is equal to 100 and prints the phrase not comple...
[6 replies] Last: Like this? No. Line 14 is incorrect: if(percent_completed =100) Th... (by Chervil)
global parameter, and actual parameter

how to determine it ?
[5 replies] Last: Any parameter of a function is a local entity inside the function even... (by vlad from moscow)
by killrj
drawing functions beside each other

hello all, i want to draw two grids beside each other in the console. if i just call the function it draws on top of each other. how can i make it draw sidew...
[4 replies] Last: Glad things worked out. (by Stewbond)
How to install a high precision arithmetical library?

Well for one of my programs I need higher precision then what doubles can provide. So I am wondering how I install a library like this http://www.nongnu.org/hpa...
[17 replies] Last: Please tell me if it worked :) (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
Please find the error.. it says that the output function and the fil function donot have prtotypes?

#include<fstream.h> #include<string.h> #include<conio.h> int ctr=0; class student { public: int roll; char name ; int mark1,mark2,mark3; ...
[3 replies] Last: It works for me. Post full code after you changed it. Problem is that ... (by MiiNiPaa)
if structure

I need an if structure that assigns the value 100 to the variable named percent_complete if the character in the variable named Done equals Y. #include <ios...
[1 reply] : if (Done == 'Y') // if the character in the variab... (by Chervil)
[MOVED] Winsock 2, accept problem & GetLastError

This topic has been moved by the original poster to: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/89945/
[11 replies] Last: Well thank you for the suggestion, I'll do that. (by TheBreadCat)
True/False

Is this correct? int main () { int i = 4; int j = 3; bool true_false; true_false = (j<4); //true true_false = (j<3); //true true_false ...
[2 replies] Last: true_false = (j<3); false (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
OpenGl, Glut, Xcode problems

Hello, I am using xcode 4.41 and I have added the opengl, glut frameworks to a cocoa application. I used some sample code (irrelevant) that should work fine but...
[no replies]
std::getline() with files.

OK, so I've never had this problem before, ever. I have no idea why it's doing it now. I haven't coded for a long while, so maybe something changed? lol. I am ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh wow... lmao. I just checked my other programs and not anywhere in t... (by Lynx876)
Abstract Base Class template

Hi Everyone, I'm wanting to ask if it's considered bad practice to define pure virtual methods in a class template, when that class template is to be used as...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks very much JLBorges, that was exactly what I was after. Only, a... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Unicode Characters in Source Code File?

hello, i wanted to know if there is a way i could copy some unicode characters from charmap.exe (windows) and paste them in my source code file? i am using vc+...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot sir, i will download vS2008 right away :) Regards (by sigmablack)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 3233343536... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.