Beginners - January 2013 (Page 32)

by Ch1156
How to reference an array in a different function

Im trying to reference my array in another function but i keep getting errors. void player::store() { int menuChoice; int amountChoice = 0; int i...
[19 replies] Last: @fun2code if you declare items as a pointer and then initialize it as ... (by PalashBansal96)
question about File handling

Please somebody tell me about the code of reading numbers from files, such as when i input to read email adress, it just read email adresses from a file
[2 replies] Last: Thankyou very much. i willtry it (by kerrykhan)
Creating New Numbers in a Random Array

So I posted this earlier to receive OOP help with my code, but I dropped the Object Oriented programming aspect. My goal is to create an array of ten random in...
[4 replies] Last: #include <ctime> //included for time(NULL) #include <iostream> #inclu... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
while loop questions

"You want to write a program to monitor the amount of remaining oil in a storage tank at the end of each day. The initial supply of oil in the tank and the amou...
[6 replies] Last: remaining < emergency if you do it like this: remaining <= emergency... (by pogrady)
by Saxon
Comparing elements of two different vectors

I'm trying to compare a specific element of one vector, with that of another. I want to compare a user input to an input from a text file, so I have put both in...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies, that code above sorted it out :) (by Saxon)
for loop question

"Mr. Charles has a credit card with a balance of RM100 to settle and has been charged by the bank a 2% monthly interest. Write a program using a repeat/until to...
[3 replies] Last: repeat/until in C++ would be a do-while loop. It would be, in outline... (by Chervil)
w

ccc
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, Looking at your billing() funciton (that's the one causing ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
"cout" a double with no decimals

Hi all! I have a problem writing a double with no decimals. I know how to decrease decimals with setprecision and fixed. for example double one = 3.414...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> int main () { double a = 3.... (by JLBorges)
STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

I'm using an altered version of the MSoft Port chat, i'm reading 3032 bytes from the serial port. The code exits suddenly when i do the Console::ReadLine() for ...
[no replies]
Money Result Calculator help :/

So, I'm trying to figure out the amount of money a Golf player receives according to their position. However, often we have many players who end up in the same ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi there, It's a simple enough program that this should suffice. You ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by butlej
Why won't this work?! Simple writing to files!

ifstream outFile; outFile.open ("Bankaccount.txt", ifstream::in +ifstream::binary); outFile.open << "Hello."; outFile.close I have got to create ...
[11 replies] Last: How are you performing the call? (by closed account 3TXyhbRD)
2d array

hello i want to make a 2d array using variables and to generate random values in it which is the probability of programme.as user enter three integers m,n,p.m a...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/90031/#msg483895 (by Script Coder)
convertion input

here is my code : /* File name : looping Author : Muhammad Bin Md Yazed Date created : 26/10/2012 Objective(s) : 1) using selection 2) to make...
[1 reply] : All answers in your code: 1) how to convert user lower case input veh... (by MiiNiPaa)
Builds fine but wont run

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const int months=12; int days ={31, 28, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 30, 31, 27, 88}; for...
[11 replies] Last: Oh ok I took a look at the book again I did make the mistake I misread... (by science man)
Want to learn OpenGL

Hey guys, I decided to put this in the 'Beginner' forums, as I have yet to work with graphics, but I know most of the standard library. I was wondering if yo...
[2 replies] Last: If you can find a good tutorial, preferably more recent, please post ... (by shacktar)
tic tac toe game

Working on a flexible tic tac toe game. Having trouble with the logic for whether or not a space is occupied. They're in the functions turnO() and turnX(). S...
[1 reply] : Also, any general feedback is welcome as well. (by chrismeyer)
is it just me who cant understand bjarnestroustups book?

is it just me who cant get through chapter 20 in bjarne stroustrups book "programming princibles and practice using c++" its riduculously hard at chapter 20 ...
[11 replies] Last: It's just a type of mindset. C++ is NOT by any means the easiest langu... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Grades Average

Hello, i am having some trouble with this program i am working on. The objective of it is for the person to enter how many grades they are going to put in, then...
[1 reply] : There are a lot of problems here. First, you declare an integer varia... (by pogrady)
by Neeru
Iterator / segmentation fault

Hi all, #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<string> using namespace std; class myclass{ public: myclass(); ~myclass(); private:...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks both of you for your reply. (by Neeru)
New Student needs some help

I am trying to write a program that displays this message in the following code I would like it to appear as the following but when I execute it it still displ...
[5 replies] Last: pogrady thank you so much. I'm a newbie and that worked perfectly! (by Xcruciate)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.